Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Written in the stars

come on, we all knew it was going to be Charlton v Sunderland in the play off final as soon as they got relegated last season and we missed out on the chance of going up; just as we  all were saying we hoped palace needed the points to stay up in the last day as soon as the fixture list came out that season.

There must have been other games of importance that we should have gone and got odds from the bookies 9 to 12 months in advance because they were fated to take place; and what’s the next bleeding obvious one ?

Comments

• Options
    come on, we all knew it was going to be Charlton v Sunderland in the play off final as soon as they got relegated last season and we missed out on the chance of going up; just as we  all were saying we hoped palace needed the points to stay up in the last day as soon as the fixture list came out that season.

There must have been other games of importance that we should have gone and got odds from the bookies 9 to 12 months in advance because they were fated to take place; and what’s the next bleeding obvious one ?
    4-4 on Sunday? 
  • Options
    When Carlisle are in our division we want a game against them , near the end of the season,  away from home 

How many times have we actually won promotion at The Valley?
  • Options
    When Carlisle are in our division we want a game against them , near the end of the season,  away from home 

Preston is one that comes to mind, must have been others surely 
  • Options

Since I've been going  - 

1974/5 Preston (H)
    1980/1 Carlisle (A)
    1985/6 Carlisle (A)
    1997/8 Wembley (N)
    1999/2000 Blackburn (A)
    2011/2 Carlisle (A)
  • Options
    We won the League the week after Carlisle and that was at the Valley - Going to say it was MK Dons?
  • Options
    Pleased to say I was at all six of those promotion games and will be at Wembley on Sunday. The Force is strong.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Losing to Millwall home and away next season (if we get promoted)
  • Options
    99/00 we were promoted by other results on the Sat having played Friday. Blackburn was the Championship. 
  • Options
    4/6 for me. Missed the first two Carlisle aways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know where we won promotions during the 30’s? Could it be that we have won promotion more times at Carlisle?
  • Options
    We won the League the week after Carlisle and that was at the Valley - Going to say it was MK Dons?
    Wycombe I think
  • Options
    Wycombe I think
    I did wonder if it was Wycombe when I wrote my original post...