Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Stand getting a personality

That was one of my biggest surprises of the nigh for me. Having sat in an empty or freebie scattered block all season, to see if full around us was a novelty. Standing for every minute of the game even more so. Noticed the other end of the Stand were standing all game too. 

Brilliant atmosphere, constant singing. Made a nice change not being the sole Stand singer and having the freebie brigade gawping at you singing like some form of circus animal.

Never remembered the concourse etc being that busy during the sell out years.

Up the East Stand!

Comments

• From my view in North there wasn't one spare seat either. 

Even in the prem days when we sold out you'd always have 5/600 St holders who weren't there on the day. 
  • That was one of my biggest surprises of the nigh for me. Having sat in an empty or freebie scattered block all season, to see if full around us was a novelty. Standing for every minute of the game even more so. Noticed the other end of the Stand were standing all game too. 

Brilliant atmosphere, constant singing. Made a nice change not being the sole Stand singer and having the freebie brigade gawping at you singing like some form of circus animal.

Never remembered the concourse etc being that busy during the sell out years.

Up the East Stand!
    Being a proper Charlton fan I of course am in the Covered End, the real one not the wannabe Upper North, and i’ve noticed the vocal support coming out of the East stand has been increasingly getting more louder and with more people visibly joining in this season.
  • The Family stand is where it’s at , we stood all game , last  few rows next to East Stand ....
    we’re the “missing link” between the North and East 
  • Stig said:
    If stands had personality:

North Lower - Del Boy
    North Upper - Neil "Smithy" Smith
    West - Tom & Barbara Good
    East - Victor Meldrew
    Jimmy Seed - Dr Who (are ya)
    North Upper - Mickey Pearce  :)
  • One thing the East has is bloody latecomers who always sit in the middle of the row. We're constantly getting up & down, letting this one in, that one out......does my f**king nut in. 

Had the full set on Friday........even the numpties taking f**king selfies half way down the stairs again whilst the game is on. Not only are they 5 mins late they then block your view whilst standing around like a pork chop at a barmitzva. One group of "lads" (4 men in their 50's & 60's) not only missed the first 10 mins at the start, they also came back after the start of the 2nd half 5 mins  late & went out again before the end of normal time. What really really does my nut in is that they then have the temerity to stop & watch an attack as if they are interested, blocking the stairs & the fecking view. If you're that bothered about potentially missing a goal I formally suggest you stay in your friggin seat until the end !!!!!
    Make sure you have middle seats in the future.
  • Queues to get in were horrendous come ko, think a number of turnstiles weren’t working and a number of people missed the first ten minutes
  • About as much personality as a cinema full of kids on a Saturday afternoon. Quantity does not equal quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Queues to get in were horrendous come ko, think a number of turnstiles weren’t working and a number of people missed the first ten minutes
    I got to the ground about 7.30 ish 

it took me 2hrs 15 mins to travel 35 miles from kids school near Hertford to Charlton..... 20 mins quicker than the journey to Doncaster !! 

Knowing there would be carnage with East stand /Family Stand queues crossing
    I went against the covered end wall and got closer to the FS entrance
    then started directing people in to the minimal queues of the family stand who were caught up in East Stand queues 
    there were people who’d been queuing 15 mins for the family stand which had about 5 people in the queue by the time I navigated and let others who’d been just waiting get through the crowds for it 
    and only 2 of 3 turnstiles working .
    dont know how long some of those right at the back of the East Stand queue took to get in , not good 
  • The Family stand is where it’s at , we stood all game , last  few rows next to East Stand ....
    Oh mate, it's such fckin laugh on kid a quid day, your trainers floating in coke, chair being kicked, standing up to let the little cherubs of for a piss evry 5 mins, screaming in your ears. 

I'd say our seats were prob one of the best views in the ground but Yep, I've done my two years there and now moving before I end up in belmarsh. 
    That’s why we’re right at the back , although didn’t buy till just before season started so 2nd row from back but a couple of adults behind so all good , keep all the filth in front of us 
  • Stig said:
    If stands had personality:

North Lower - Del Boy
    North Upper - Neil "Smithy" Smith
    West - Tom & Barbara Good
    East - Victor Meldrew
    Jimmy Seed - Dr Who (are ya)
    Well, Tom and Barbara Good must’ve had one G and T too many on Friday. At the end of full time, I went to the Loo and because of the queue’s, I got back to my seat just after kick off. The bloke at the end of the row, who had the hump for having to get up for the umpteenth time, wanted to pick a fight along with his 150 year old dad. Some people ....
    Oh mate, it's such fckin laugh on kid a quid day, your trainers floating in coke, chair being kicked, standing up to let the little cherubs of for a piss evry 5 mins, screaming in your ears. 

I'd say our seats were prob one of the best views in the ground but Yep, I've done my two years there and now moving before I end up in belmarsh. 
    That’s why we’re right at the back , although didn’t buy till just before season started so 2nd row from back but a couple of adults behind so all good , keep all the filth in front of us 
    I honestly think more time and thought  has gone into picking next seasons STs than choosing our last house. 
  • edited May 2019
    It looked like we were standing all game - actually just getting up for the latelys every few seconds 
    Some of the turnstiles have never been in action since the electronic readers were installed, up to now it never mattered!

IF we ever start getting decent crowds on a regular basis, something needs to be done with the entrance layout, as there's a real pinchpoint there, especially for people going to the family stand, who get blocked by the East stand queues
  • I was in the east and the turnstiles were a shambles - not helped by the Landsdowne Mews turnstiles being for the Jimmy Seed stand only and stewards opening the main gates to let someone in, then lots of other people expecting to be let in, and the stewards then dithering allowing even more people to expect to be let in. All felt like consequences of how the club has been hollowed out over the Roland years - you'd never believe that we used to be able to cope with 26,000+ crowds week in, week out.