Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Coming home

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'd just like to say bollocks been out on the piss since 3.
    Done Miller's bexley
    I couldn't give a fuck if we go up or stay in league one in not getting a season ticket next season  
    Love to all
  • Options
    Yes, totally this is ‘look at what you could have had you.....’

• Options
    TEL said:
    Last night was about unity. We are stronger together and together we will rid ourselves of Duchâtelet. Stick together like we did last night and show this prick it’s our club. Welcome home Dave. 

However you dress it up it was about Duchatelet winning. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    TEL said:
    Last night was about unity. We are stronger together and together we will rid ourselves of Duchâtelet. Stick together like we did last night and show this prick it’s our club. Welcome home Dave. 

However you dress it up it was about Duchatelet winning. 
    I don't think so at all. 
    What do you think would have happened if he'd shown his face in the Directors box as we celebrated? 
  • Options
    I think it will be telling to see which CAFC officials represent the club next week. Just who's hands will they be shaking as they walk along to collect the trophy (hopefully)?. Every other club over the weekend will no doubt have their proud owners!.
  • Options
    A lovely posting from BDL. I continued my boycott and watched the match on my son's TV while he was at the match and it was very emotional seeing him in the crowds and recalling his excitement back in 98 getting his first premier league season ticket. Once Duchatelet has gone I will be back and we will be buying season tickets again (if there's any left following the play off!).  Seeing the sheer joy of fans on the pitch bought a tear to the eye.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    I'd just like to say bollocks been out on the piss since 3.
    Done Miller's bexley
    I couldn't give a fuck if we go up or stay in league one in not getting a season ticket next season  
    Love to all
    The morning after the night before
    I don't remember posting this
    Considering the state you must have been in your posting was excellent
    - brief (but containing all the necessary information)
    -a clear and easily understood format
    -only one typo (impressive, given the amount of alcohol consumed)
    -a polite farewell

It could have all been different if Roland had you on his communications team

10/10!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Roland can not see the success of” doing it right” he is more of an idiot than we think.
  • Options
    I have learnt never to under-estimate how much of an idiot he is.
  • Options
    What happens if LB & JJ don't get new contracts (which is looking very possible under this lunatic) & all those out of contract move on together with the loanies ? Will the returned boycotters re boycott or because they enjoyed friday so much forget who owns us & start regular attending once more ? Maybe for many it actually WAS about results ? I'm not digging anyone out here, everyone is entitled to do exactly as they wish but as the belgian doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon I just wonder what happens should LB not get a contract ?
  • Options
    Agree the emotions. I went last Friday, once I knew it was to be a sell out to enjoy the valley full of excited Addicks and to share it all with them. The valley and it’s fans are Charlton to me. 
    Always believed the team is the regime (after all Duchatalet hires pays and fires), but I must say Bowyer challenges that view seriously. 
    Something has happened at CAFC this season similar to around 1994 and the Bristol City away Cup game.  People are coming back (as I surmised elsewhere the majority may be the kids from the premiership years) and bringing a fervour and atmosphere rarely seen before. It is hard not to want to be a part of it. 
    But Duchatalet is still there! So the boycott of home games continues. 
    #ROLANDOUT
  • Options
    It's a decision for all to make, if Duchatelet runs to form and does the unthinkable then I don't know how I'll feel. What I do know is that I regret not seeing more games this season, that's for sure.

It' s an individual fans choice whether or not to boycott, CARD have been careful not to call for that as it's something that many just won't back. It's clear many have and many, like me, are relenting as we can see a team and coaching staff that is "proper" Charlton. I haven't felt like that since the Gaffer was forced out.

Who knows what the idiot will do but for now I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    My first game in a long while at The Valley. At the last minute, I chose to stop my boycott and grabbed one of the last seats in the South Stand. I agree with many on here that 'to boycott or not to boycott' is a personal choice and there is no right and wrong. I felt I was cutting off my nose to spite my face for the Doncaster game. I wanted to witness both a big game and a big atmosphere. I'd admit that I felt some guilt about attending - it was as though I didn't want anyone to see me or know that I was there. I don't need to report that I got so much from the rollercoaster of a match. I thought, to be honest, we were lucky. I enjoyed seeing the passion of the players and the crowd and that moment when Doncaster missed that penalty. I enjoyed the pitch invasion, (partly because it meant I could take a shortcut back to my car from the South to the West Stand, I'd admit!), but then I stopped, thought and had to leave the ground. I'm not prone to emotional swings, but I suddenly stopped feeling elated. I didn't want to stay any longer to see the celebrations. I realised we are even more now in the hands of one person. He can and might destroy what has suddenly been built despite his tenure as owner. I admired what Curbs built and what Powell achieved. I didn't realise before Friday, despite a poor performance on the night, what Bowyer and Jackson have achieved. 

Today, I feel mixed. One man could ruin all of this - and none of us would be surprised. If there is a positive, maybe, just maybe, someone out there with enough money will have realised from seeing the sheer passion on Friday night that this is a club worth buying. I'm dreading the disappointment that may unfurl this summer, but I'm excited about what might follow.
  • Options
    Welcome back. You have missed some great games. 
  • Options
    @BDL
    Come to Wembley and make some noise for the boys !
    😀
  • Options
    I'm in the same position as BDL
    It's despite Duchatelet, not because of him, and he remains the fly in the ointment.  That shouldn't stop any fan being part of something that's got - in every sense - nothing to do with him. 

EDIT: I won't be buying a season ticket again until he's gone, for all the reasons @Cardinal Sin mentions, which are very important. I fear promotion will make Duchatelet's departure all the more difficult, whilst being conflicted that this set of players deserve every success.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    I am perfectly happy with people boycotting or not boycotting or being 'returnees' but I must say I get a bit fed up with them going on about it all the time. Just do it or don't do it or whatever but why do you feel it is so necessary to tell the world about it?
     If only there was a fan discussion forum where you could express this kind of stuff, eh... 
  • Options
    Well, well, well, it looks like this old boycotter is going to Wembley as well. My son in law has bought me a ticket so we are in the family section with one of my grandsons.

If I  knock him for the £55.00 I suppose technically it means I am still boycotting as I wont have paid for my ticket?

COYR's
    Nice one Mike

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    What happens if LB & JJ don't get new contracts (which is looking very possible under this lunatic) & all those out of contract move on together with the loanies ? Will the returned boycotters re boycott or because they enjoyed friday so much forget who owns us & start regular attending once more ? Maybe for many it actually WAS about results ? I'm not digging anyone out here, everyone is entitled to do exactly as they wish but as the belgian doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon I just wonder what happens should LB not get a contract ?
    I was a boycotter who went Friday and its a night I wont forget, ever, luckily my ticket was one of those Lee Bowyer selected to pay for, after 18 away games I felt I had earned a spot to see us qualify for Wembley with my lad who also sacrificed a lot by not going, we both desperately miss the Valley, its home.

What people do next season if he remains and we go up or if he remains and we stay down is entirely a personal choice. Most importantly, the one thing that linked all 25,000 on Friday was our shared love of Charlton regardless of the owner. We were together, along with the team and he is the bad guy in all this, not those that drink in crossbars and buy early- bird tickets or those that picketed the club shop and arrange protests. This is our club not his, we were here before him and will be here long after he has gone, Friday was a reminder of that.   

That'll be me next season going to try and do 18+ aways next season instead
    Will you be back at the valley next year se7
  • Options
    It's notable that the away attendances have risen in recent games too, we must have sold out the fast few games of the season
  • Options
    no 18+ away club again mate if your up for it, may even catch earlier trains to suit your drinking habits. Had a great night Friday and the Valley was rocking but my lad wants to stay doing the aways untill Duchatalet has gone.
  • Options
    Well, well, well, it looks like this old boycotter is going to Wembley as well. My son in law has bought me a ticket so we are in the family section with one of my grandsons.

If I  knock him for the £55.00 I suppose technically it means I am still boycotting as I wont have paid for my ticket?

COYR's
    or do what I do, wear a fake moustache and a disguise and go anyway, but come on here and say you are still boycotting until ...etc, winner winner..... just joshing!