Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Comments

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Every pub is going to be rammed in and around Wembley, last time we went in 98 and Ebbsfleet in 2008, we found a nice little pub around the streets near Marylebone station and drank there. Left about 2 to get to the game.
    going to be doing the same myself. getting to Marylebone around half 10. go to the one near the station that opens early (i hope) then heading to another one after midday opening. theres two trains and hour from there to wembley stadium station. 
    That’s the problem with it being a Sunday.  The only one I’ve found near Waterloo (so far) that is open before 12 is the Firestation :-/
    it is a pain. i guess you could go to the chain pubs. like all bar one and slug and lettuce near the eye. or the small scotter cafe on lower marsh street could be selling beers. i know they do during the day but not sure about in the morning. 
    Probably more likely to head towards Southwark tube and maybe go in the Windmill for a few after 12
  • Options
    Coming into London Bridge! Want to be in a pub with other Charlton fans, but without getting too close to Wembley where it’s gonna be nuts. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    We r doing borough market - guessing that will be where the bulk of charlton fans will be drinking?
  • Options
    Like the look of the Green Man, 1/2 an acre beer garden!.

anyone been before, will it be ridiculously packed or will everyone think that and go somewhere else?, guessing they’ve got it down to a fine art coping with big crowds 
  • Options
    It will be packed. Go there for England games sometimes. Best off drinking out of Wembley on the tube line I reckon. London Bridge seems popular 
  • Options
    Going for a Wembley Park curry. Guaranteed a seat for a few pints of dodgy lager. Same as 98 though only 3/8 same personnel. Will try to arrive before 2.45 this time!
  • Options
    JT said:
    The boxpark place nr the ground is pretty decent. Huge in there. 
    Do you know if kids (15 year old) are allowed in? I couldn’t see it mentioned on their website. 
  • Options
    All well and good going London Bridge/borough market but it’s a Sunday so nothing open pre 12, and then a 33 min tube journey you would be looking to leave at 1.30/1.45pm latest. 

Anyone know what time the green man will open my group are meeting at 930 at London Bridge and heading straight to Wembley 
  • Options
    What about the Met wetherspoons next to Baker street tube
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opens at 9am on a Sunday
  • Options
    All well and good going London Bridge/borough market but it’s a Sunday so nothing open pre 12, and then a 33 min tube journey you would be looking to leave at 1.30/1.45pm latest. 

Anyone know what time the green man will open my group are meeting at 930 at London Bridge and heading straight to Wembley 
    Ring the Green Man.
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    It will be packed. Go there for England games sometimes. Best off drinking out of Wembley on the tube line I reckon. London Bridge seems popular 
    Isn't that the point though, savour the pre-match atmosphere with a load of other Charlton fans?

Each to their own obviously, but i don't understand people who'd want to sit in a quiet pub in the build up to our biggest game for 21 years.
    It’s probably the waiting time for a beer that is putting people off!! I would assume it will be packed 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Every pub is going to be rammed in and around Wembley, last time we went in 98 and Ebbsfleet in 2008, we found a nice little pub around the streets near Marylebone station and drank there. Left about 2 to get to the game.
    Sir John Balcombe?...there was another small pub around there called the Swan and Edger which has been shut down.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Edit@ Duff info

• Options
    It might be Sunderland only. Waiting for police to decide who gets Spoons and who gets The Globe pub opposite. 
  • Options

I'll say it again; Black Lion, Kilburn. 

Brentford fans made this their pub before their last play-off final. They booked breakfast followed by a decent drink. There must have been 80-100 Bees in there and it didn't feel packed. Couple of stops on the Jubilee and you're at Wembley.

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It might be Sunderland only. Waiting for police to decide who gets Spoons and who gets The Globe pub opposite. 
    I'm sure the MPS will make the right decision.  After all, they picked the right end for the pens the other night...  ;-)

• Options
    The Black Lion in Kilburn (see Simonsen's photo above) is on the Inventory of Historic Interiors.  Much Victorian woodwork survives - despite the efforts of an Irish builder during 'renovation' a few years ago.
  • Options
    The Black Lion in Kilburn (see Simonsen's photo above) is on the Inventory of Historic Interiors.  Much Victorian woodwork survives - despite the efforts of an Irish builder during 'renovation' a few years ago.
    Why are there no customers if it so great! 😉

• Options
    Need to actually learn my lesson and not stay in the pub for too long, missed Bielek's goal on Friday and it was the only good moment for about another 110 minutes! I 100% want to get the hassle of getting to Wembley out of the way so i'll probably join the 39k others in The Green Man
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Why are there no customers if it so great! 😉

They're all in the Public Bar, which is even better!
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:
    Ultimatum said:
    How do we know which ones we’ve been allocated? 
    Look at the link in the 3rd post. It will surely be the same as for cup final.
    I tweeted Green man last night, they confirmed we have been allocated the pub and they will have food stalls/vans. Leaving Dartford at 9.30ish to get there for opening 😂
    You'll be pretty late then, they've said they're opening at 9am.
  • Options
    Can anyone suggest anywhere decent for breakfast around London bridge, given that we'll be looking to be there by 9am and it's a Sunday?
  • Options
    have no idea how packed the green man is going to be if arriving by 10.30am i would imagine i would be pretty safe to get in?, for the england spain game although the inside bar was carnage the outside bar was brilliant £4.00 pints of either beer ( carling ) or cider ( strongbow ) and that was it made it very quick to get served, cash only from memory aswell
  • Options
    Can anyone suggest anywhere decent for breakfast around London bridge, given that we'll be looking to be there by 9am and it's a Sunday?
    Breakfast Club?
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:
    Breakfast Club?
    Thanks, looks like a decent bet.