Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fair Play Donny

2»

Comments

• Options
    Essex_Al said:
    They did well, but only because our tactics allowed them too!
    Bit harsh on them. It is possible for two teams to play well. But I do take point that we played into their hands.
  • Options
    Despite the "you're just a shit Lyle Taylor" chant thought Wilks looked very good in both play off games as well as the league match away. Coppinger is a great professioral and against any other team I'd have been glad to see him get a Wembley appearance 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    They were definitely the better team on the night. Did they deserve to win by two goals on the night? Probably. We’re we unlucky to concede a late one at Donny? Probably. All in all, not much in the overall tie.
  • Options
    3-1 and 1-3 would have been fair reflections of the 2 matches really, as Donny were far the better team yesterday, but we should have been 2 goals up on Sunday

I always thought they would be tough opponents, as unlike Pompey and Sunderland they finished the season on a high, and had little to lose. Of the 4 semi finalists they're by far the smallest, we've hardly ever played Donny as they've usually been below us, whereas Pompey and Sunderland are very regular opponents