Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks POSF: Charlton v Doncaster

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: 7
    Dijksteel: 8
    Bauer: 7
    Sarr: 5
    Purrington: 6
    Bielik: 6
    Cullen: 7
    Aribo: 7
    Morgan: 5
    Taylor: 6
    Parker: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Williams: 7
    Referee: 5
  • Options
    Dijksteel; 6
    Bauer: 5.5
    Sarr: 6
    Cullen: 7.5
    Aribo: 6
    Morgan: 5.5
    Taylor: 7
    Parker: 5.5
    Pratley: 8
    Referee: 4
  • Options
    Dijksteel seems to be getting high, I thought he gave away the ball very poorly for there 3rd goal, any news on Igor?, Parker is a trier, but his way below the level
  • Options
    Phillips: 8
    Dijksteel; 9
    Bauer: 5
    Purrington: 7
    Cullen: 6.5
    Aribo: 6.5
    Taylor: 6.5
    Parker: 6
  • Options
    Phillips 8 - maybe should have done better with their goal from the corner but apart from that, more or less flawless. commanded his area well. distribution still bad but he saved a penalty and that’s more important
    Dijksteel 8.5 - how is he getting 5.5s?? barely anyone got passed him tonight and he never stopped working. for someone so young and inexperienced he was very composed. probably my MOTM
    Bauer 6 - wasn’t great but beat Marquis in the air every now and again. think it was him who lost the header for their goal from the corner
    Sarr 6 - played a few hollywood passes as always but wasn’t as solid defensively as usual. would have put my house on him scoring that pen aswell
    Purrington 7 - tbh I didn’t notice him much but with a fullback that could be a good thing. as bowyer said, he’s our solid 7/10
    Bielik 7.5 - great header and looked shakey to start with but grew into the game. worked really hard and was flat out on his feet at the start of extra time
    Cullen 7.5 - thought he had a great game and he won the ball back so many times, he’s a little machine. but he completely lost marquis for their 3rd goal so loses half a mark. good pen though
    Aribo 7 - as usual drifted in and out of the game. when he’s on it we’re unplayable but he wasn’t in the game for most of the second half, which is why we struggled so much. good pen also
    Morgan 6 - nothing really to say. him getting subbed off for Pratley really changed the complexion of the game though, in good and bad ways
    Taylor 6.5 - wasn’t really at the races today. done a lot well but not as good as usual. worked really hard like always and i think he did well to keep his head when the ref didn’t giveal things his way. but jesus christ his penalty run up makes me so anxious. nevertheless he scored it so it doesn’t really matter 
    Parker 6 - every goal kick went to him, and he didn’t win anything. i feel bad for him cos he tries so hard, he just isn’t very good
    Pratley 8.5 - like i said before, this was the sub that cost us in some ways. was a very defensive sub and meant we spent the whole second half absorbing pressure.however, pratley is a beast, and won every tackle he went for, every header he went for, and he was there to score the equaliser (in terms of aggregate).
    Williams 7.5 - really good impact sub. his pace and low centre of gravity really caused the tired doncaster defenders problems. maybe deserves to start at wembley but not sure. i’ll leave that to bowyer
    Ref 2 - dreadful.
  • Options
    Dijksteel; 8
    Bauer: 6
    Cullen: 8
    Morgan: 6
    Parker: 5
    Williams: 6
    Referee: 3
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Phillips: 7.5 
    Dijksteel; 8.5 (talent) 
    Bielik: 5.5
    Cullen: 6
    Morgan: 4.5
    Taylor: 5.5
    Parker: 4.5
    Pratley: 10 (don't care, +1.5 for the goal)
    Referee: 2
  • Options
    At the Valley:

Phillips: 6
    Djiksteel: 6
    Sarr: 7 (Thought he was quite good - penalty was poor)
    Purrington: 4 (Done nothing all game)
    Bielik: 6 (Moments of brilliance and some poor moments too)
    Morgan: 5 (Tried to be positive, but didnt come of for him)
    Aribo: 5 (Very poor off the ball)
    Parker: 4 (Poor - not a single bit of link up play between him and taylor)

Pratley: 6 (Very solid)
    Williams: 7 (Lively)
    Solly: 5 (Good penalty)
  • Options
    Dijksteel; 7.5
    Bauer: 5
    Purrington: 5.5
    Cullen: 5.5
    Aribo: 5.5
  • Options
    TV

Phillips:  8  + 1 for pen save. Some great saves during the game, confidant with some tricky high balls and no chance with the goals 

Dijksteel; 8 calm, a couple of good runs, looked dangerous going forward

Bauer: 8.5. Solid dependable, he’d been in the maternity ward in the PM, amazing!

Sarr: 7  Shakey at times, one show stopping tackle, shame he missed the pen

Purrington: 7.5 Calm and some good runs

Bielik: 7. Great goal but looked nervous, lots of misplaced passes

Cullen: 7.5.  Tireless running but could have done with slowing things down on occasion , snatched at passes at times. Good pen.

Aribo: 7.5. Our most gifted player but played too deep much of the time. Coolly taken pen

Morgan: 7. Energetic, assist for the goal, occasion got to him

Taylor: 9. Tireless, dangerous, unlucky not to score, oh my word that penalty!

Parker: 7.5. Gave everything but not good enough, don’t ever see him scoring for us

Pratley: 8. Showed his age good and bad, not really sharp enough and a bit slow, but used his experience to disrupt, and turned up for the vital goal

Williams: 7. Lots of running around but took a while to settle into the pace. Another who won’t ever score for us

Referee: 5. Missed a few things, gave a lot their way but at least didn’t send anyone off 

Solly: 7. Did well coming on late on, and got the vital first pen. Can’t see him being first choice RB again though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips: 8.5 great game 
    Dijksteel; 7.5
    Sarr: 6 sorry nabs not your best game
    Purrington: 8 he done well
    Bielik: 5 despite the goal poor game
    Cullen: 8 worked bloody hard and had to
    Aribo: 7 as above
    Morgan: 4 didn’t show up intimidated?
    Taylor: 7 great effort lead the team
    Parker: 6 worked hard but their CBs killed us
    Pratley: 9 MoM for me 
    Williams: 6 helped but still no end product 
    Referee: 5 annoying twat
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Phillips: 10
    Dijksteel; 7.5
    Sarr: 7
    Bielik: 7.5
    Morgan: 7
    Taylor: 7.5
    Parker: 5
    Williams: 8
    Referee: 1
  • Options
    Phillips:   7
    Dijksteel;   8
    Bauer:   6
    Sarr:  6
    Purrington:  7
    Bielik:  6
    Cullen:  6.5
    Aribo:  6
    Morgan:  6.5
    Taylor:  6
    Parker:  6
    Pratley:  7.5
    Williams:  6.5
    Referee:  4

• Options
    At the Valley, on Sky, or a live stream:

Dijksteel; 7
    Sarr: 5.5
    Parker: 5.5
    Pratley: 6
  • Options

Phillips: 8.5
    Dijksteel;  8
    Bauer: 5.5
    Sarr:  5.5
    Pratley: 7.5
    Williams: 7.5

Solly: n/a
  • Options
    Phillips: 9
    Dijksteel; 8
    Sarr: 8
    Bielik: 8
    Cullen: 5
    Taylor: 8
    Pratley: 6
  • Options
    Phillips: 6.5

Dijksteel; 8 Solid good going forward. Shame about his decision making started the counter attack the their third on the night. 

Bauer: 6 Weak for the second goal 

Sarr: 6.5 

Bielik: 6 Few Stray Passess and let Rowe go for the first goal but broke up a few of their attacks well. 

Cullen: 8 MOTM Absolutely controlled the game. Faultless in possession choosing the right passes

Morgan: 5.5 Chasing his ball instead of keeping with his man quite a few times but good learning experience. Bringing Pratley on was a good decision. 

Taylor: 5.5 was a donkey for most of the game. All he did was worry about fouls instead of trying to win the ball or hold it up. Loads of flicks to no one but great cross to assist the last goal

Parker: 5 Full time Donkey. Went down all the time 

Pratley: 7.5 Good game and well in for the goal!

• Options
    dizzee said:
    Sarr did well apart from the penalty miss. He drives out from the back very well. Don’t understand why he is getting bad marks.
    Cause it aint happened in a while and Parker played okay so someone needs to take the flak.

Sarrs best game? No 
    Never hid and battled....100% start for the final for me.

• Options
    Phillips: 8.5
    Dijksteel; 7
    Sarr: 6.5
    Purrington: 7.5
    Bielik: 7
    Aribo: 7.5
  • Options

Phillips: 7 passing wise had better options for an easier ball but overall was solid.
    Dijksteel; 7.5 thought he looked good but was left on his own alot against 2!
    Bauer: 7 kept Marquis pretty quiet, can't do nothing about Marquis excessive bitching though!
    Sarr: 6 not his best game but played a couple of good long balls that on another day would set up a goal.
    Purrington: 7 looked good. Rushes his passing too much but solid.
    Bielik: 6 found him a bit Jekyll and hyde..scored the goal then got shaky. Couple of good tackles/interceptions
    Cullen: 7 just keeps going. 
    Aribo: 6 not his best game flashes of his talent but poor decision making.
    Morgan: 5.5 bit much for him and the game just passed him by.
    Taylor: 6.5 cant fault the effort but nothing came off him...good assist though.
    Parker: 6.5 just gives his all...cant ask for much more than that.
    Pratley: 8 mom thought his experience changed our game.
    Williams: 7 his energy was needed, gotta look up when running with the ball thougb

Referee: -1 I thought the ref played right into Doncaster hands tonight. Allowed them to get away with too much and punished us for everything and anything.

Doncaster came here with a plan to disrupt and bully the younger players and get us off our game. It worked. A ref with a clue and a backbone would have stopped that quick.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dijksteel; 6
    Bauer: 6.5
    Purrington: 6.5 
    Bielik: 6.5
    Parker: 6.5
    Pratley: 7.5
    Referee: 4 - Poor again.  Missed loads for us and them so I suppose he was consistent.  How the 6 didn't get a second yellow is a mystery
  • Options
    Phillips: - 6 Thought he could have done better with their first, but brave amongst flying boots and heads 

Dijksteel; - 7 I thought he did well. Too many forget he's constantly playing out of position.

Bauer: - 5.5 Communication between him and Sarr seemed to have disappeared. Played to far apart from his partner.

Sarr: - 6 See comments above. Extra 0.5 for having the cojones to take the last penalty.

Purrington: - 7 Probably the best of the back 4. Not seen by his team mates too often when unmarked.

Bielik: - 5.5 Terribly disappointed. Too many heart attack moments. Extra 0.5 for the goal.

Cullen:  - 6 Not as good as he has been. However, was trying to do everything because the rest of the midfield was all being headless chickens. Much improved when Pratley came on, and freed him up a little.

Aribo: - 5.5 Sorry Joe, I had no idea what your role was. I thought you were man marking their no. 8, but you'd chase him a bit, then let him run away from you. You didn't run at the opposition as much as usual. Nor were you much assistance to Purrington on the left. WILL HAVE BETTER GAMES!

Morgan: - 5 Sorry, son, rabbit in the headlights. He's never played an atmosphere like that before, and it showed. The kid's got talent, and deserved his chance to start, but rightly hooked at half time.

Taylor: - 6 Not his best, but still a bloody pest. I'd hate to have to play against him.

Parker: - 5.5 I felt sorry for him. With the way that Lyle plays, often the only focal point. Sometimes surrounded by 2-3 defenders, and still won headers, and held the ball up. GOT ABSOLUTELY NO HELP FROM THE OFFICIALS!

Pratley: - 8 (MoTM) Very rarely does a substitute turn a game around, but this was a case where it happened. Freed up Cullen to become more effective. Won tackles and headers. Oh, and let's not forget, an extra point for being there to get the goal which got us to penalties!

Williams: - 5.5 A real live wire, who earns a free kick, but I wish some of his runs weren't sideways rather than forward. Adds nothing aerially when we're under the cosh. But, then again, I don't think he's supposed to!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dijksteel; 7.5
    Pratley 9 
    Williams: 6.5

Not giving any of these lads less than a six, but the pressure got to a few. Maybe a good thing to get that out of the way and still come through it.

Ref:4 - I am now totally bemused and confused by the handball rule. Nearly as much as refs are! And as for fouls. Some on the fouls on Taylor and Parker, he let go were bordering on the ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 commanded very well especially under a lot of pressure. good save for the pen
    Dijksteel; 8 defensively never gave up against the odds and often won the ball back. went forward well a few times even a little run or two in to their box. 
    Bauer: 6 nervous display with some poor passing but did win a few headers. 
    Sarr: 6 nervous again with some poor passing and awful sliding tackles missing both man and ball. stay on your feet. 
    Purrington: 7 did most things right defensively. not much going forward but he's not that kind of player. 
    Bielik: 6.5 i know why he had to go back as was Bowyers plan but he plays so much better in the middle. some classy turns and passing. 
    Cullen: 8 needed to be everywhere in the middle and nearly was. kept their attacks limited and started a few of our own. needed support though. no options to pass to when on the ball. 
    Aribo: 7.5 great first half and not too bad rest of the game. hard as he had two men on him most of the time and had little support for the one twos he is so good at. 
    Taylor: 7 some great moments but was out of the game for long spells playing wide. 
    Parker: 6 average game. 
    Pratley: 7 broke up play well in the middle 
    Williams: 6 little bits and pieces but didn't get the ball much 
  • Options
    Dijksteel; 8.5
    Bauer: 7.5
    Sarr: 7
    Purrington: 8
    Bielik: 7
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 defence went AWOL in front, vital save from Marquis in pens.
    Dijksteel; 7.5 stuck to it.
    Bauer: 6.5 came from hospital after baby  born, so great effort.
    Sarr: 6. Erratic performance but he has been superb all season.
    Purrington: 6.5 hard night.
    Bielik: 6.5 not his best but great header.
    Cullen: 7 worked so hard.
    Aribo: 7.5 some magic moments
    Morgan: 6 still learning.
    Taylor: 6.5 had battle with CB.
    Parker: 6 never looks like scoring, but tries hard.
    Pratley: 8 best game in Cafc shirt. Vital goal.
    Williams: 7.5 good cameo.
    Referee: 5 poor but playoff games are factious.

Solly: n/a scored the 1st pen and sent us on our way.

• Options
    edited May 2019

Phillips: 7.0
    Dijksteel; 7.5
    Purrington: 6.5
    Bielik: 8
    Cullen: 7.5
    Referee: 2 Absolutely pants!

• Options

Phillips: 9
    Dijksteel; 8
    Aribo: 7.5

• Options
    Dijksteel; 6
    Purrington: 5.5
    Cullen: 6.5
    Pratley: 6.5

Yes they are all low marks, but let's be honest we weren't at the races last night at all, and it took a slip from their keeper to gift us a goal in extra time.