Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Play off semi 2nd leg - Fri 17 May 2019

Comments

• Options
    This is a nightmare. I don't think I can take the second half. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Aside from the goal Bielik has been awful. So many misplaced passes. Cullen not much better.
    That's how I saw it.
  • Options
    Trying to weather the storm, we are in the final as it stand.
  • Options
    I'm getting into position for the evening ...

Come on you reds!
     BA did you take that pic ?
    Yes, I did, just over an hour before kick-off.

It was only off my phone so not my best work.
  • Options
    The goal rattled us that's for sure.
  • Options
    Team looks nervous. Understandable given the normal crowd and the prize on offer. I'm looking at the top quality players; Cullen and Beilik to calm things down.
  • Options
    Team looks nervous. Understandable given the normal crowd and the prize on offer. I'm looking at the top quality players; Cullen and Beilik to calm things down.
    Sadly they're the ones playing worst for me. 

Sarr not far behind.
  • Options
    Let’s hope so. At one point I thought we where gonna crumble. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Bowyer is sitting in the dressing room with a vision of Williams over one shoulder, and a vision of Pratley over the other. What's it to be, Lee?
    You already know the answer to that one.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bowyer is sitting in the dressing room with a vision of Williams over one shoulder, and a vision of Pratley over the other. What's it to be, Lee?
    So long as it isn't Pearce
  • Options
    Scrappy, passing is from a league below Sunday's game. Maybe nerves.

Bowyer will sort it at half time.
  • Options
    All a bit flat since they scored. Hopefully LB will sort it. 
  • Options
    Too early for Pratley.
  • Options
    LOL so pleased I live so far away from the Valley now. Still as frustrating as ever bless them. An early goal in the second half is necessary now or else we may lose on penalties, Donnie look better                                                                   
  • Options
    Bring on Pratley and Pearce when we are 3-1 up.
  • Options
    Hope we get a loud rendition of we want Roland out soon.
  • Options
    Jeez, that was a nervy 45 mins.

I was surprised that my Sky Go worked so I was able to listen to Valley Pass on my tablet and watch the match on my phone.

I've needed half a bottle of Havana Club to get through that half (so please excuse amy typos!).

We might be at home and have all the crowd but we still can't influence the ref to give decisions to us.

Great set piece routine for the goal - you couldn't have asked for a better start.

We've created a number of good opportunities but we don't seem as safe in the back third, Donny are getting too many chances for my liking.

Fingers crossed for a solid 2nd half.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    Midfield are all over the place, Sarr and Phillips both aimlessly punting the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not playing the game here, getting caught up with the occasion.

nervous as hell
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yeah what everyone has said really. We look terribly nervous. We look like a team with a midfield with an average age of 21-22, which is what we are. 

I do think Bielik has done well at breaking up play, apart from the goal where he lost his man. He already looks knackered though. And his passing has been poor. Cullen has looked nervous on the ball for the first time this season. Joe is getting doubled up which means he needs to look to play more one and two touch because someone is being left open.

Parker's touch is rubbish, but we knew that. To his credit he works hard and shows for it. 

I have to say I'd take Morgan off. I think it might just be a game too far for him. He's had some lovely passes, but he doesn't retain possession quite well enough, and more importantly, he is ill-disciplined tactically on the left. He's going to be a lovely player with a bit more experienced, and already has some lovely technical ability and vision. But right now we're getting doubled up with Wilks and Blair down that side and look desperately vulnerable. I wish Reeves were on the bench, and I think it's harsh that he isn't. His ability to retain possession is desperately needed, and for his faults, he does his doggies and can be tactically disciplined defending a flank. 

Without Reeves, maybe we bring on Williams and move Aribo back. Aribo isn't the most tactically disciplined either, but him coming from deeper makes him harder to mark, and he can get stuck in when he wants to. I just hope it isn't Pratley, at least not yet.

Still 45 minutes to go. The final 30 minutes of the half were as poor as we've looked in quite some time. Just hope we've got it out of our system and that we settled in and keep the ball. Doncaster are pressing a lot, and the best thing we can do is keep it, stop the long balls over the top, and make them chase. They'll tire themselves out.

COYR.
  • Options
    Need to up our game in this final half. More composure on the ball, keep possession and frustrate them.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bows needs to tell either Beliek or Cullen to play right of diamond. They are both at base and AD is getting overrun and they have an out ball.
  • Options
    We're missing the simple pass to set things off and keep turning into trouble.
  • Options
    Morgan hasn't been the one losing possession.

He's battle hard out there and playing some good stuff and has a rocket of a shot on him. Just needs to glance up to see if there's a pass on before shooting.
  • Options
    Can't understand people slagging Bielik, as I think that he has been our best midfielder. Albie Morgan needs to go off. Not ready for this level yet. 
  • Options
    Bows needs to tell either Beliek or Cullen to play right of diamond. They are both at base and AD is getting overrun.
    AD?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Go on, admit it: you love 'em really.

Hey everyone, @Leuth's got Darren Pratley posters on his bedroom wall!

😉
  • Options
    Not much in this game. Anything could happen. I can’t stop thinking about who will take our penalties 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!