Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Kyle Show cancelled

Comments

• Options
    I watched it in my student days, obviously. 

The lie detector test was always a little unfair. It's 99% accurate (hence police can't use them) and they've done a heck of a lot more than 100 tests in its 10+ years. Quite a few people will have been wronged, so someone taking their own life after was always a risk. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I watched it in my student days, obviously. 

The lie detector test was always a little unfair. It's 99% accurate (hence police can't use them) and they've done a heck of a lot more than 100 tests in its 10+ years. Quite a few people will have been wronged, so someone taking their own life after was always a risk. 
    no it isnt 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Also add to the fact that people are going to be nervous on national TV. I have always thought it was outrageous it has been used. I hope Kyle's career is over. I know ITV have said they will support him, but if nobody wants to watch the sanctimonious git, not sure they will!
  • Options
    There’s a big difference between “99% accurate” and “not 100% accurate”

regardless what they claim there is no proof behind the success or failure of a lie detector test. They can be manipulated. Terrible to think someone may have taken their life over its results
  • Options
    I thought  the lie detector was only roughly 80% accurate
  • Options
    They'll be a minutes silence at the next millwall home game.
  • Options
    Even if you are guilty of having an affair, it isn't a legal offence. Some may feel they have no choice but appear on the show to help save their relationship. I think people like Kyle are scum and I'd rather be a tramp on a park bench than make my living in the way he does. Very sad somebody has died - it was always sadly a risk.
  • Options
    There's a much more accurate test you can do to see if someone's lying or not. Check to see if their pants are on fire.
    That's why I go commando, keep em guessing 
  • Options
    Also add to the fact that people are going to be nervous on national TV. I have always thought it was outrageous it has been used. I hope Kyle's career is over. I know ITV have said they will support him, but if nobody wants to watch the sanctimonious git, not sure they will!
    Being hated isn't necessarily a problem, Piers Morgan has a good career as the pantomime villain on tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have been ditched years ago......horrendous programme.
    Hope he sinks into oblivion along with it, the cocky self righteous arsehole that he is.
  • Options
    Depends which side of the fence you are on when looking at the results.
  • Options
    Have to admit that I have watched it a lot over the years but after a while it really started to grate on me. And by that I mean Jeremy Kyle himself.

What gives him the credentials to ‘settle’ family feuds or provide such counselling in front of a mass audience baffles me. The bloke is no more than a TV presenter masquerading as a psychologist pretending to care.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Jeremy Kyle axed eh.
    Can’t help thinking now THAT would have been some episode to watch. >:)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    But nobody has died after getting a roasting from Morgan yet. Wouldn't surprise me if it did happen though or people suffer emotional damage. They do have a habit of bringing on guests for him to roast from the general public - like Vegans for example. I would imagine they are reviewing this urgently now. 

I am certainly no fan of Michael Gove -Actually, I despise him -  But I thought Morgan's interviewing of him after Grenfall crossed a line in unfairness and was a complete disgrace. 
  • Options
    Always got wound up about the lie detectors. 

If the first of the questions he asked when reading out the card was "did you passionately kiss...." They were guilty. If the first question was "did you have sex with...." They were innocent.

Not that I recorded every episode or anything....
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Have to admit that I have watched it a lot over the years but after a while it really started to grate on me. And by that I mean Jeremy Kyle himself.

What gives him the credentials to ‘settle’ family feuds or provide such counselling in front of a mass audience baffles me. The bloke is no more than a TV presenter masquerading as a psychologist pretending to care.
    You will notice that all.....and I do mean all......the guests are from the lower socioeconomic classes, almost without exception poorly educated and therefore unable to converse with him on a level playing field.....for him it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.
    I would love him to have come up against some articulate better educated members of society who could stand up to him and tear him to pieces in debating skills.
    But of course they would never be allowed on the show in the first place.....he could never be allowed to come off second best.
    What an awful prick......I’d love to meet up with him and coat him off!
  • Options
    This will be Jeremy Kyle, the wife cheating gambling addict. The way he talks to people, regardless if its an act or whatever, makes me want to slap the shit out of him. The only difference between himself and the guests are the number of teeth he owns. And if the people that 'fail' the lie detector test had half a brain cell to tell him that they aren't 100% accurate, he wouldn't have a clue what to say. Glad his shitty little show has been taken off air, hopefully i will never have to see his pathetic little wanky face again.
    Great post Gary......and to think he has made millions out of this miserable show.
    Makes me seething!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s got a Noel Edmunds feel to the situation. 
  • Options
    I have a very good piece of advice for him..................emigrate.
  • Options
    Absolute dogshit TV. Good riddance! 
  • Options
    I must admit, the only time I (partly) watched it was to find out what Charlton fans were singing to the spanners. 
  • Options
    You have to wonder why they've not cancelled Love Island though?

Bet a few people on here will hate me for saying that due to the eye candy but whats the difference in the deaths created as a result of Love Island compared with the Jeremy Kyle show?
    As far as i'm aware the guest on Jeremy Kyle killed himself as a direct result of something on the show (failing a lie detector test).

Those who've committed suicide after being on Love Island, haven't done so because of the show, but because of things that happened after. For example, it's more likely Sophie did it because of social media, not because of Love island. And there's no real link that Mike did it because of the show, but because of his mindset after both his best mate and Nan died.
  • Options
    Something else has happened that hasnt been reported.

Its the only reason JK has been cancelled and Love Island hasnt IMO
    I know what the shows are about even though I only lasted 20 minutes into JK about 10 years ago.and have seen clips of Love island.

I can't see the connection between the two shows ?

If someone commits suicide on the bake off program should that be axed.

I know a couple of young folk have committed suicide after appearing on Love Island But young doctors and cricketers have committed suicide, there are pressures everywhere.  
    My Daughter has worked on Love island and for most its a stepping stone for a higher profile in the industry. Most have already worked as models and extras on various shows before and they have a template to work too.

The Jeremy Kyle show appeared to be watching people implode, I assume they were paid. A strange format which I could watch for real in New Addington or west Croydon (other shite places are available)
    but prefer other pass times.

14 years of the Jeremy Kyle show !
    Replace it with a nature program not low life slagging off each other.

• Options
    A programme for trash made by trash
  • Options
    Good riddance to the human zoo. 
  • Options
    Shit stain tv,cancelled not a moment too soon
  • Options
    Good news. Always hated the programme that preys on the inadequacy of people.