Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Liverpool

Comments

• I guess that has to the be the great European night at Anfield in Liverpool's history, can't have been any better than a 4-0 win against Barcelona in a CL semi final.
  • Come on , Ajax 
  • Unbelievable result, but the fact that Liverpool have been in the CHAMPIONS League final three times in the last 14 years but haven't won the league here for 29 years still bothers me.  I hope Spurs go through tonight and then it will be a final without any champions.

• I was thinking, might as well watch it. What a game! That corner caught me out as well as the Barca defence. 
  • cfgs said:

Unbelievable result, but the fact that Liverpool have been in the CHAMPIONS League final three times in the last 14 years but haven't won the league here for 29 years still bothers me.  I hope Spurs go through tonight and then it will be a final without any champions.

For this year only they can rename it the UEFA Cup.
  • I think there will now be managers up and down the country saying to their players two main things:

"Never give up, sometimes miracles do happen"

and

"100% concentration, 100% of the time" following TA-A's smart corner.
  • And of ever there was an argument for getting the ground packed for the second leg of any competition then last night was it.
    It was rocking in there last night.

F*** Roland. Get your tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Growing up in the 80s - as a child I had a soft sport for Liverpool so there is a sentimentality about their success and Anfield. Brings up memories of the likes of Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Houghton, Nicol, McMahon etc 

Man City / Chelsea are everything that’s gone wrong with top flight football in this country and will take real big teams like Liverpool, Spurs.... even Everton.... over them any day.

And as an England fan, the performances recently from the likes of Alexander Arnold, and Gomez earlier this season confirms that we are really really good now.
  • I’ve had the hump with Liverpool for a bit, since the ref refused to play advantage for the foul on Robbo and prevented Steve Jones from scoring.

I’m not totally over it, but that game has helped.
  • edited May 2019
    wmcf123 said:
    Come on , Ajax 
    Bit random and off topic but yes, that  is the best way to mask wanking habits.

Dettol works just as well too.
  • You have one team that effectively know they have to score four goals and another who know they don't have to concede three. I think that impacts on how the game goes. It could be argued that if you are or aim to be the best team in the world, you should aim to win every game 3-0 irrespective of anything! 
  • Eugh, delete this thread
  • anyone who watched the finale with the Liverpool players and management standing arm in arm in front of the Kop as the crowd sang 'You'll Never Walk Alone' (and you know meant every word of that song), anyone seeing that and didn't get a warm feeling and a lump in their throat, just cannot be a football fan. A fantastic, skilful and gutsy performance by the Liverpool players.
    Let's hope that we can feel as proud of our players come Sunday lunchtime and later at Wembley .. come on you Reds !!
    Apart from when Karius fecked up in the Final last year
  • the issue is with last night for klopp without origi and winjaldum they wouldn't be in the final but both may not feature in the final. 

if spurs get there i can see liverpool winning it if ajax i think will be more of a test, all depends on how spurs raise themselves tonight shows what they are made of. 
  • I can’t stand Liverpool FC but that was some hell of a win. Well done and don’t cry for me Lionel Messi. Let’s hope a Spurs match the same commitment and belief tonight to make it an all English club final. It would also be great if Arsenal and Chelsea both make the other euro final too. 
  • Don’t cry for me you argie bastard
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    I can’t stand Liverpool FC but that was some hell of a win. Well done and don’t cry for me Lionel Messi. Let’s hope a Spurs match the same commitment and belief tonight to make it an all English club final. It would also be great if Arsenal and Chelsea both make the other euro final too. 
    Yes - agree totally with everything you say. 

But I would add "Come on City!" for Sunday... 
  • Liverpool, the team and city that splits CL in half.
    100 % scallywags but ironically the only Scouser in their team last night produced a bit of cheeky improvisation that was funnier than Tarby, Doddy or John Bishop put together.
    Take a bow Trent Alexander-Arnold.
    Because of TAA, our Joe who's best position is CB needs to hope that from next season he stays fit to become Van-Dijk's regular partner.
    Made for great TV, and the only victims were Barcelona. 
    Klopp is my second favourite BFG.
  • What other sport can give you this?
  • Can't believe how poor the Barca squad is, chasing a goal at the end of the game and they had nobody to bring on
  • Where was Dembele?
  • Not even close to being the greatest ever comeback (apologies if this has already been mentioned but I couldn't be arsed to go through 4 pages of posts). December 21st 1957. Charlton 1 Huddersfield 5. 26 minutes to play, Charlton down to 10 men due to an injury. 24 minutes later, 7-6. 
    Crowd: 12,000.
    "And, if you know your history, its enough to make you heart go...….".
    Johnny Summers, 5 goals between the 47th and 81st minute.
  • Liverpool football team i prostrate myself before you, a truly magnificent achievement. 
  • Cant stand them but have to say bloody superb, well done. Lets hope the spuds can do it tonight.
  • If only Barca had Kevin Lisbie in the team.