Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster Away - Sunday 12th May

Comments

• Treating the boy to a weekend in Doncaster as he isn’t great at sitting in the car for 7 hours in a day.

Drive up Saturday, Doncaster Dome to knacker him out on the water slides, Premier Inn near the ground, Beefeater and a few pints for me.  Oh the joy 😂

Ticket permitting...
  • I'm sure everyone who wants a ticket will get one. We have over 3500 on offer to us & I doubt we will sell much over 2800. Sunday lunchtime up north means an early start & it's only the 1st leg. Also, as Martin Tyler keeps saying....."and it's LIVE"
    Given the fantastic atmosphere generated by charlton fans at away matches this season and the added importance of this match, watching it on TV instead of being there doesn’t really appeal that much tbh
  • Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    while the rest of us have to stand in line like Oliver Twist in the workhouse. How can i arrange travel if i don't know if i can get a ticket! Will i have to pick the ticket up from the Valley or Donny. Thanks a lot Charlton!
    To be fair to CAFC I should think every club with decent support has this problem with the playoff games. The time between the last game and the playoffs is too short for them and especially the fans to get organised.
    The whole playoff thing needs to be looked at by the EFL/FA or whoever. As usual it's the fans who get messed about with the game times/days.
  • Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    while the rest of us have to stand in line like Oliver Twist in the workhouse. How can i arrange travel if i don't know if i can get a ticket! Will i have to pick the ticket up from the Valley or Donny. Thanks a lot Charlton!
    To be fair to CAFC I should think every club with decent support has this problem with the playoff games. The time between the last game and the playoffs is too short for them and especially the fans to get organised.
    The whole playoff thing needs to be looked at by the EFL/FA or whoever. As usual it's the fans who get messed about with the game times/days.
    It's especially bad for the team playing away in the first leg, as clubs have to wait to get the tickets from the home club and you can't have print at home options etc
    How many games have you gone to this year? 100 points will guarantee you a ticket for this. If you've got less than that, you can't really moan about not getting priority.
    It’s ok put them on general sale just so you are ok so those who have done the aways potentially miss out. 
    No mate, those that do the away games should be front of the queue! As for the pay the£120, join valley gold to produce another Parker, Arter, Shelvey, McGinty,Woodyard,and a few more i could mention
     who as soon as a "bigger club"  turns up say up "up yours i am off" and who don't even say thank and spend their time slagging us off! 
  • Croydon said:
    Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    How many games have you gone to this year? 100 points will guarantee you a ticket for this. If you've got less than that, you can't really moan about not getting priority.
    Missed 2 games this year at home, and did Southend and Gillingham , away
  • I see the point of giving valley gold preference in a sense, but I truly believe the away tickets should go on sale to those who have attended, say 10 plus games first.  Everyone who wants a ticket should be okay given that allocation, but say we’d only been given 1500, this would be more of a problem.  

Hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one, and look forward to taking a decent contingent up there
  • Away attenders
    Valley Gold
    Season ticket holders

In this order for priority.  The fans that travel around the country should get first picks
  • Does anyone know if it's reserved seating? as i want four tickets, i can get mine tomorrow but the other two not until Thursday and we'd all like to sit with each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• 9:22 From Kings Cross and 15:53 back - All booked 
  • J BLOCK said:
    9:22 From Kings Cross and 15:53 back - All booked 
    how much was the train ticket? and did you reserve a seat?
  • Redrobo said:
    buckshee said:
    _MrDick said:
    With nearly 4000 up for grabs, they should have put them on general sale from day 1. Plenty of tickets for everyone, IMO
    Wouldn’t have done that, but you only need a single priority category or two at most. No way it would - or will - sell out to season ticket holders and VG alone. 
    So are we correct in assuming that each person can buy two tickets or is it more than that? Doesn't seem to say.
    Yes it does. Clearly says two tickets.
    It does now. It didn’t when originally posted.
  • tickets sorted easy process online as always since the new system come in.

This week is going to drag.

Are you having tics posted ? Collection seems for at Doncaster only and not at Charlton

Are you having tics posted ? Collection seems for at Doncaster only and not at Charlton

Yeah opted for post, hopefully will be ok otherwise will be queuing with loads to pick up from Donny.

I did notice could not collect from Charlton which seems strange.

• We are going. Early Sunday morning !
  • Charlton coaches all sold out already. Teriffic!
  • meldrew66 said:
    Charlton coaches all sold out already. Teriffic!

you would like to think they would lay on more.
  • meldrew66 said:

That's one too many 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tried again tried again and it worked this time - coach now booked. Weird way to go about things!
  • Away attenders
    Valley Gold
    Season ticket holders

In this order for priority.  The fans that travel around the country should get first picks
    So you are suggesting the club brings in a system to reward those that give their money to other clubs over the supporters who actually pay money into keep the club going. Nonsense.
  • Pretty sure everyone who wants a ticket for the away leg will get one 
  • Redrobo said:
    Away attenders
    Valley Gold
    Season ticket holders

So you are suggesting the club brings in a system to reward those that give their money to other clubs over the supporters who actually pay money into keep the club going. Nonsense.
    Its alright robo he always talks b@llocks 
  • edited May 2019
    Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    From what you posted later you should have at least 230 points, assuming you did the sensible thing and had them allocated against your name.

230 points, puts you in the same position as a VG holder or a S/T holder.

Your complaint is frivolous & 100% rejected.
  • meldrew66 said:

Would be poor if they didn’t lay on enough 
  • cabbles said:
    meldrew66 said:

You sitting next to me mate
  • Croydon said:
    _MrDick said:
    With nearly 4000 up for grabs, they should have put them on general sale from day 1. Plenty of tickets for everyone, IMO
    Said by someone who, I assume, is waiting til the last couple of phases before they can buy one?
    Actually, I’m not going. 
  • edited May 2019
    cabbles said:
    meldrew66 said:

After your sterling post on the coach travel experience the other day I think demand will be too much. 
  • Pretty sure everyone who wants a ticket for the away leg will get one 

Hope so. Just booked my flights....