Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Interesting" Tweet from Thomas Driesen

Comments

• Options

...How is calling people out for being shit at their jobs going to change the world? If we such a large amount of feckless, useless arsebags then that is the issue, not calling them out on it. 
    It's quite cathartic  ;)
  • Options
    I think that Darrel Gordon fella loves him too! :smile:

• Options
    Never seen or heard the phrase "baller" before, maybe its my age.
    Driesen certainly is a ball-bag though
  • Options
    HarryLime said:
    Never seen or heard the phrase "baller" before, maybe its my age.
    Driesen certainly is a ball-bag though
    Backalong, our erstwhile favourite Danny Green wrote that some gifted player was an "absolute baller".

I never read about him calling anyone a ball-bag though.

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    PopIcon said:
    Said it before and I'll say it again. Why the Driesen hate? Just some kid doing his job. I suggest the cronies point their arrows at Roland.
    I agree to the extend he got offered a job that he was in no way qualified for. He shouldn't be criticised for being a total chancer and getting paid for wanking all day (wouldn't mind getting paid for that myself). 

But like foreveraddickted says, he cannot admit mistakes and is a WUM so he does deserve stick. He's given us total dross and no way would he know about the likes of Cullen and Taylor. It's watching those sorts of players and knowing their character that made them the signings there, all to do with Gallen and nothing to do with him. I don't doubt he saw a few players like Keita and thought they would make good signings, but a lot of the players he brought to us were utter dross. 
    Disagree entirely. It's that attitude that's largely responsible for how fucked up a place the world is today. People shouldn't be feted for being feckless, useless arsebags - like being shit at your job but somehow successful is a 'badge of honour'. In a world that wasn't as crappy as this one, this useless fleshtube would have been stacking shelves in his local Netto for the last five years instead of helping fuck up our football club
    Don't think Netto exists in Belgium to be honest...

On a serious note, I think what you have said is a massive exaggeration. I mean Driesen is an arsehole but it's not his fault he is employed by us. He might be blackmailing Roland but I think we can assume that it's Roland who is to blame here, not Driesen. 

How is calling people out for being shit at their jobs going to change the world? If we such a large amount of feckless, useless arsebags then that is the issue, not calling them out on it. 

Calling people out for being shit at their jobs has helped us to get rid of Katrien, Alan Pardew and Karel Fraeye, to name just a few. I'm very much in favour of it. If we didn't call people out for being shit at their jobs then we could quite easily be watching Charlton in the Conference this weekend, in a stadium furnished entirely with sofas, with pre and post match trance and hard house discos in all the lounges.

There will be several thousand football supporters, in football stadiums across the country, chanting about how shit the EFL is at its job this weekend. Too late to help Bury, but might just make them do something to make sure there isn't a repeat in the future.
    There are plenty of people who work for Charlton who are shit at their jobs. They wont get called out as they're one of our own.

I doubt anyone on here really knows what Driesden does for the club.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrLargo said:
    PopIcon said:
    Said it before and I'll say it again. Why the Driesen hate? Just some kid doing his job. I suggest the cronies point their arrows at Roland.
    I agree to the extend he got offered a job that he was in no way qualified for. He shouldn't be criticised for being a total chancer and getting paid for wanking all day (wouldn't mind getting paid for that myself). 

But like foreveraddickted says, he cannot admit mistakes and is a WUM so he does deserve stick. He's given us total dross and no way would he know about the likes of Cullen and Taylor. It's watching those sorts of players and knowing their character that made them the signings there, all to do with Gallen and nothing to do with him. I don't doubt he saw a few players like Keita and thought they would make good signings, but a lot of the players he brought to us were utter dross. 
    Disagree entirely. It's that attitude that's largely responsible for how fucked up a place the world is today. People shouldn't be feted for being feckless, useless arsebags - like being shit at your job but somehow successful is a 'badge of honour'. In a world that wasn't as crappy as this one, this useless fleshtube would have been stacking shelves in his local Netto for the last five years instead of helping fuck up our football club

On a serious note, I think what you have said is a massive exaggeration. I mean Driesen is an arsehole but it's not his fault he is employed by us. He might be blackmailing Roland but I think we can assume that it's Roland who is to blame here, not Driesen. 

How is calling people out for being shit at their jobs going to change the world? If we such a large amount of feckless, useless arsebags then that is the issue, not calling them out on it. 

Calling people out for being shit at their jobs has helped us to get rid of Katrien, Alan Pardew and Karel Fraeye, to name just a few. I'm very much in favour of it. If we didn't call people out for being shit at their jobs then we could quite easily be watching Charlton in the Conference this weekend, in a stadium furnished entirely with sofas, with pre and post match trance and hard house discos in all the lounges.

There will be several thousand football supporters, in football stadiums across the country, chanting about how shit the EFL is at its job this weekend. Too late to help Bury, but might just make them do something to make sure there isn't a repeat in the future.
    There are plenty of people who work for Charlton who are shit at their jobs. They wont get called out as they're one of our own.

I doubt anyone on here really knows what Driesden does for the club.
    I know he was involved in recommending the sale of Dale Stephens and Yann for a pittance, and the influx of Thuram, Anil Loc, Polish Pete and so on. That's sufficient for me.

Who are you talking about at Charlton, by the way? And are you only allowed to call one person out for being shot at their job if you happen to be in possession of a comprehensive list of everyone who's shit at their job?
    I dont think you can blame Driesden for the sale of our players that season. I blame Katrien and Roland. If a Doctor told you he could cure your testicular cancer by sticking you cock in your sons mouth you'd want a second opinion.

We have a member of our comms team who struggles with comprehensive sentences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 are you blocked mate?
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yep
    Probably more of us banned now than follow him :-)
  • Options
    Should reply to all of his “I spotted him it was me” tweets with something similar praising Gallen 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    PopIcon said:

Footballs different entirely. Calling out Fraeye is a silly comment, we all knew he was shit when he was appointed. Again I don’t blame him, that bland is on who appointed him.

I’m all for people taking responsibility of their mistakes etc. I work in HR for a large company, I’m very much aware of what impact “being shit” at their job can cause. 

I also agree that a lot of people fail to take responsibility. Excuses and laziness is undoubtedly becoming more common. 

I just dont agree that this is a major reason as to why the world is “fucked up”. Driesen is a wanker but he shouldn’t shoulder as much blame as Roland, the man who appointed him. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:

...How is calling people out for being shit at their jobs going to change the world? If we such a large amount of feckless, useless arsebags then that is the issue, not calling them out on it. 
    It's quite cathartic  ;)
    Yeah, I mean, it's not their fault they're shit and nicking a living, is it. They should be hero worshipped because they do good tweets, and at the same time people who do their jobs well with no fuss should be called out instead.

Welcome to 2019 and the Love Island generation.
    Spot on. Its like the attitude of 18 year olds working in sports shops have somehow ended up persisting into peoples' late twenties - instead of those traits being ironed out when they end up in their first real job, with actual responsibilities. Got a 26 year old working in our department who is a surly, moody, useless little prick. Every time I talk to him I want to level him - but he gets slack cut for him because he's 'young'. He's not - he's a fucking chancer, who is absolutely pony at his job and should have been sacked months ago. Worst thing is, he doesn't seem to care - and literally grins when I call him on not delivering vital stuff for my projects on time. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:

It's quite cathartic  ;)
    Yeah, I mean, it's not their fault they're shit and nicking a living, is it. They should be hero worshipped because they do good tweets, and at the same time people who do their jobs well with no fuss should be called out instead.

Spot on. Its like the attitude of 18 year olds working in sports shops have somehow ended up persisting into peoples' late twenties - instead of those traits being ironed out when they end up in their first real job, with actual responsibilities. Got a 26 year old working in our department who is a surly, moody, useless little prick. Every time I talk to him I want to level him - but he gets slack cut for him because he's 'young'. He's not - he's a fucking chancer, who is absolutely pony at his job and should have been sacked months ago. Worst thing is, he doesn't seem to care - and literally grins when I call him on not delivering vital stuff for my projects on time. 
    You are just generalising though. That's one 26 year old. 

Of course you are right, this bloke sounds like he doesn't give a shit. I'm 29 and even I appreciate how easy it has been for me. If I am honest, when i got my new job last year I didn't deserve it. I was out of my depth for the first couple of months. Would it have been fair to call me shit at my job? 

I knucked down, worked hard and now I am very good at my job and was recently promoted to a level I thought I would only reach in 10+ years. If someone hadn't given me the opportunity and just called me "shit" then that would have set me back. 

I don't think it's a major world problem but I do agree that it's getting too easy. Parents bail people out or they make excuse after excuse, get chance after chance. But it's not far to discriminate and generalise according to their age. We're not all like that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't know why everyone really bothers with him either way, we don't know how heavily involve he was/ is. We don't know who he recommended, can only assume a few on the network before but now?

He is just a kid, probably talks a lot of bull shit. He is part of RD so probably guilty by association, I am not pretending I like the guy because I don't. I just don't see why people really care too much leave him to it...

In the past I agree we could blame him for signings from the network, however now I don't really know his relevance. Other than claiming any decent signing but not like we can give him credit for anything. Transfers have improved because of Bowyer/ Gallen

• Options
    Johhny, I went to a Q and A with Bowyer and Gallen and every transfer (or the majority of them) have to be referred to Dresiden then Roland.  That's how heavily is involved. He has been a scout with Roland for years for a number of clubs and has referred a lot of players to Charlton to Roland. He is quite happy to claim "What a great signing he is" on his twitter account (even says they ones he didn't spot, such as Cullen and tries to claim credit for". All the crap ones he never mentions or denies scouting them. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:

It's quite cathartic  ;)

Of course you are right, this bloke sounds like he doesn't give a shit. I'm 29 and even I appreciate how easy it has been for me. If I am honest, when i got my new job last year I didn't deserve it. I was out of my depth for the first couple of months. Would it have been fair to call me shit at my job? 

I knucked down, worked hard and now I am very good at my job and was recently promoted to a level I thought I would only reach in 10+ years. If someone hadn't given me the opportunity and just called me "shit" then that would have set me back. 

I don't think it's a major world problem but I do agree that it's getting too easy. Parents bail people out or they make excuse after excuse, get chance after chance. But it's not far to discriminate and generalise according to their age. We're not all like that. 
    You're the one generalising here now though. What's being pointed out here is that specific instances of people who are irredeemably unqualified for their jobs can't be allowed to get away with it without comment. In your case you obviously were qualified for the job, you just needed to develop into it, and you obviously showed the attitude needed to get there which affords you time. I think you're seeing these kinds of posts as a 'but for the grace of God' situation in your own life, but you're evidently not comparable to these people. I don't know exactly what your role is but I bet it's not CEO, manager of a second division football team or scout with final sign-off on transfer deals for the same club. These jobs require talent, and almost always benefit from experience. In these cases the people in the roles have neither, and it badly affects us as supporters. Katrien stuck her nose up when we reacted badly to her terrible ideas and used the press to try and deflect away from the damage she was doing to the club. Fraeye dismissed concerns about his lack of experience and tactical ability but laughing about how you only need 11 players to play a game, fielding three left backs in one line-up and telling the players to 'spread out' before showing he didn't even have the temperament to be a manager by skipping out on his press duties when things went really badly. Driesen is one of the last men standing in the shitpile, and he's currently trying to take credit for 'discovering' players who have been known to every club in the Football League for years. He's remote enough that us pointing out what he is probably won't have any effect, but people like him shouldn't be allowed to get away with repeated failures and grubbing other people's work as their own. It is his fault he's continued on in that job despite causing so much damage and now uses his spare time to try and antagonise Charlton fans. Sitting on your hands and shrugging means nothing changes.
  • Options
    I think old Thomas is alright and doing a brilliant job 
  • Options
    What exactly is his job now?
  • Options
    I think old Thomas is alright and doing a brilliant job 
    Related image
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:

It's quite cathartic  ;)

You're the one generalising here now though. What's being pointed out here is that specific instances of people who are irredeemably unqualified for their jobs can't be allowed to get away with it without comment. In your case you obviously were qualified for the job, you just needed to develop into it, and you obviously showed the attitude needed to get there which affords you time. I think you're seeing these kinds of posts as a 'but for the grace of God' situation in your own life, but you're evidently not comparable to these people. I don't know exactly what your role is but I bet it's not CEO, manager of a second division football team or scout with final sign-off on transfer deals for the same club. These jobs require talent, and almost always benefit from experience. In these cases the people in the roles have neither, and it badly affects us as supporters. Katrien stuck her nose up when we reacted badly to her terrible ideas and used the press to try and deflect away from the damage she was doing to the club. Fraeye dismissed concerns about his lack of experience and tactical ability but laughing about how you only need 11 players to play a game, fielding three left backs in one line-up and telling the players to 'spread out' before showing he didn't even have the temperament to be a manager by skipping out on his press duties when things went really badly. Driesen is one of the last men standing in the shitpile, and he's currently trying to take credit for 'discovering' players who have been known to every club in the Football League for years. He's remote enough that us pointing out what he is probably won't have any effect, but people like him shouldn't be allowed to get away with repeated failures and grubbing other people's work as their own. It is his fault he's continued on in that job despite causing so much damage and now uses his spare time to try and antagonise Charlton fans. Sitting on your hands and shrugging means nothing changes.
    I wasn't generalising when I used myself as an example. I was just saying I needed time to grow but I didn't have the necessary experience to be handed that job. In all honesty, I shouldn't have been given it. It's people like Off it - "2019 Love Island Generation" that piss me off. I am constantly hearing shit like the kids today don't know how lucky they are, wasn't like that back in my day etc. Cheeses me off, they don't know what I have been through, how hard I work etc. 

I agree these jobs require talent, experience etc. I'm not supporting any of the decisions. I'm not saying they were innocent in the appointments. Driesen is a little wanker and Meire could never admit her failings. Yes absolutely 100% when Meire was acting all innocent and blaming anyone but herself she should be called out on it. But there is a common theme in the appointments of Meire, Driesen and Fraeye - Roland. 

My initial post was in regards to Driesen. He obviously developed some sort of data in order to help find bargains. In reality, I don't think any of us know how successful or not that has been for certain. I'm not supporting him, but I don't think any of us know his role. Admittedly overall it seems fairly obvious he has been a failure. 

But let me ask you this, we are all football fans and I bet there's plenty on here that would love to scout players for Charlton and help us be successful. Now if Roland appointed you and gave you the power and you cocked it up who would be to blame? I think the answer is both of you. But then imagine you are allowed to carry on in that role, who is to blame then? IMO purely the man who has the power to take that away from you. 

I am 100% in agreement that Driesen is a little knob. He carries on spouting shit and winding fans up. I have no time or respect for the "boy". 

But all it does is highlight what a shit owner Roland is. Driesen, Fraeye and Meire were terrible appointments. But Roland has only ever removed/sacked one of them. That tells me everything I need to know. His arrogance and stubborness is what makes him a total wanker and contributes significantly to the fact we will be a much better club without him. 
  • Options
    Someone who isn't blocked ask him what he thinks about Gallen becoming a director.

And what he thinks of Gallen.

Thanks
  • Options
    Someone who isn't blocked ask him what he thinks about Gallen becoming a director.

And what he thinks of Gallen.

Thanks
    There can't be many left who aren't blocked!