Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled"

edited June 2007 in Troubleshooting
Help appreciated with IE7.

"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled"

How do I enable them again?

From Tools, "Manage Add-Ons" is greyed out. From Internet Options / Programs I can get tto "Manage Add-Ons" but it only to get a list where I can select individual add-ons - I can't see anywhere to generally enable them again!

Cheers.

Comments

• After an exhaustive google search.

Tools --> Manage Add Ons --> Enable or Disable Add Ons
  • Don't bother hust re read ur post.
  • Best thing to do, uninstall IE7, get yourself a decent browser like Firefox or Opera.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Help appreciated with IE7.

From Tools, "Manage Add-Ons" is greyed out. From Internet Options / Programs I can get tto "Manage Add-Ons" but it only to get a list where I can select individual add-ons - I can't see anywhere to generally enable them again!

Quit IE7, then right click on the IE7 shortcut and choose Properties, then click on the Shortcut tab. The target textbox should have something like the following in it.

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" if it has -extoff following that string, as in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff, then remove the -extoff and click "OK". Restart IE7 and see what happens.

But also like Stu said.

hth