Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds vs Aston Villa Controversy

Can’t believe what I’ve just seen. One of the craziest things to happen in a match in my opinion. https://youtu.be/iUAxqig6GQE

Comments

• Watched it live incredible...Watch Bamford holding his face when he was shrugged off by the villa defender...Earlier in the game villa kicked the ball out for an injury to the Leeds player. Then the Leeds player gestures to kick the ball out and the players stop, Klick then asks for it and goes on to score. Bedlam ensues.

Great sportsmanship from the Leeds manager.
  • Play to the whistle.
  • Bamford should be banned for life
  • Can’t believe what I’ve just seen. One of the craziest things to happen in a match in my opinion. https://youtu.be/iUAxqig6GQE
    Can u changé thé settings do that those outside uk can Watchers it plezse

Can’t believe what I’ve just seen. One of the craziest things to happen in a match in my opinion. https://youtu.be/iUAxqig6GQE

• Goal in my opinion, play to the whistle, refs decision to carry on. 

Bollox that ensued is down to namby pamby modern day twats playing the game. 
    Would agree if the bloke hadn't faked to kick the ball out and then played his team mate in down the wing. That was the difference in this situation, otherwise I'd agree with you.
    Yep, Leeds didn’t have to kick the ball out and I believe the ref only has to stop for a head injury. 

But the way Leeds went about it has rightly caused the controversy. Glad Bielsa did the right thing anyway. 

• JaShea99 said:u
    Play to the whistle.
    This all day long. I appreciate the players think about their fellow professionals but it's not down to them to stop play. The laws on this are pretty clear. Plenty of players go down holding their head when they are injured elsewhere just to get the game stopped. 
  • Sponsored links:

• IR94 said:
    Bamford should be banned for life
    What did he do....??
  • Goal in my opinion, play to the whistle, refs decision to carry on. 

Bollox that ensued is down to namby pamby modern day twats playing the game. 
    Would agree if the bloke hadn't faked to kick the ball out and then played his team mate in down the wing. That was the difference in this situation, otherwise I'd agree with you.
    This
  • Bielsa breaking stereotypes, top man!
  • IR94 said:
    What did he do....??
    Got the guy sent off, allegedly.
  • Bamford fell holding his face when there wasnt a hand/elbow near his face. Not the first time he has done this. 

Similar thing happened in the Leicester game, that Maddison fell and shrieked in agony when the Arsenal defender attempted aa tackle, and never touched him
  • IR94 said:
    What did he do....??

basically he faked being touched in the face like a lot of players every week, only thing is as a straight red will miss play off games for villa - so yeah a pretty wanky thing to do, leeds could get villa in playoff final and think that would make a great game. 
  • IR94 said:
    What did he do....??

basically he faked being touched in the face like a lot of players every week, only thing is as a straight red will miss play off games for villa - so yeah a pretty wanky thing to do, leeds could get villa in playoff final and think that would make a great game. 
    Surely if Villa appealed that, the red would be rescinded?
  • Sponsored links:

• If that's the incident he needs a lengthy ban and massive fine from the club. A disgrace.

Players should play to the whistle then the problem wouldn't arise.
  • Ignoring the after-'goal' melee/play acting/player fury, it was a case of weak refereeing over the Leeds 'goal' .. as soon as Roberts paused seemingly confused, before deciding to play on, causing the Villa players to stop, Atwell should have blown up for a bounced ball .. mind you it's easy saying that from the comfort of the living room.
    Atwell has risen quickly through the refereeing ranks, he's done a few of our games recently and done a good job .. the faster, more skilful players in front of an impassioned crowd seems to have put him right out of his comfort zone.

Bielsa played a crafty hand. After 'spygate' he has seemingly regained some credibility. Knowing that the Blades had done him on the promotion line, he decided to gift Villa a goal. Probably wise and saved a lot of recriminations and possible retributions.  
  • First off you always play to the whistle, it isn't Aston Villas job to decide when the ball goes out or not for an injury. The amateur dramatics afterwards were embarrassing. Bielsa didnt have to do what he did and I thought the centre half was hilarious when Adomah went to finish. 

This isn't the first time an opposing manager has let a side score following something like this but it is probably the most high profile incident. Bamford is just another whelk who'd claim he is just doing what all these sacks of shite do and trying to get an edge. 
  • I think it makes sense to stop the game if there is a serious injury but sadly players abuse it. It needs to be left with the ref.
  • Grown men these are. Surprised Hourihane got away without a red, he did not react well to the ref not blowing his whistle.
  • I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 
    this also factors into matches now the huge betting industry on it for example if you had both teams to score leeds in essence have fixed a game. 
  • A nice result for btts punters