Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great day yesterday but....

Some of the fans are shockinly bad!

Stopped in Fluer de lis pub for a few after the game and it was a great atmosphere full of Charlton fans and we were singing away.

However it got way out of hand as the pub was almost getting trashed before the police came in. The pool table was turned over, the toilets were getting trashed and a couple of fights almost broke out.

We’re all having a day out but it gets spoilt by the minority who gives us a bad name. 

The landlady was pretty freaked out so I hope she is ok and nothing was majorly damaged in that pub.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I was there too. I was drinking outside absolute idiots around today.
  • Options
    Its the first away game I have been to in a while. I was shocked at some of the thugs we have following us. During the match, ripping up seats, releasing smoke bombs and trying to break the lights. There is literally no need for this sort of barbaric behaviour. Hopefully the police have them on video and can arrest them.
    I don't know why this comment has been lol'd.
    Perhaps by the same idiots involved in this yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Lots of clubs up and down the Country get that behaviour at most of their away games and I would wager that almost every single club have a couple of big/local games a season where this happens. We fall in the latter category generally and it’s the way it’s always been and probably always will be.

Can see how trouble can breakout at games, but personally have never, ever understood the smashing up of anything.
  • Options
    Lots of clubs up and down the Country get that behaviour at most of their away games and I would wager that almost every single club have a couple of big/local games a season where this happens. We fall in the latter category generally and it’s the way it’s always been and probably always will be.

Can see how trouble can breakout at games, but personally have never, ever understood the smashing up of anything.
    Agreed - that's what angered me the most. It's just utterly pointless. It shows the perpetrators have the IQ of a slug. There is literally no need. Such a shame that we have idiots like this - the number of whook seemed to have increased in recent years.
  • Options
    Loads off bellends at match yesterday. Some dickhead shouted during the one minute silence. 
    Let's see how many of those turn up to Sunderland away in the play offs.
  • Options

Agreed - that's what angered me the most. It's just utterly pointless. It shows the perpetrators have the IQ of a slug. There is literally no need. Such a shame that we have idiots like this - the number of whook seemed to have increased in recent years.
    It has got worse. I don't recall any such incidents in our last very good season, 2011/12. I went to pretty much every away game that term. 

I just didn't feel like going yesterday and such pond scum are part of the reason why. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

It has got worse. I don't recall any such incidents in our last very good season, 2011/12. I went to pretty much every away game that term. 

I just didn't feel like going yesterday and such pond scum are part of the reason why. 
    It existed back then. I remember the away match at Walsall where subsequently some people were charged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The police where everywhere filming yesterday so the stupidity will be rewarded with a knock on the door no doubt 

What also dismayed me, was the lads with the flare were all filming each other, if that then makes it way online they have grassed themselves up
  • Options
    Charlton in having some dickheads as fans shocker 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It tends to happy at our "derby" games.
    One of the reasons is that too many S/T holders don't go.
    I think about half were bought by S/T holders, so 1,100 went on general sale and "fans" turn up that don't elsewhere.
  • Options
    We should calm it down at Gillingham if for no other reason than that bloody away stand is on its last legs! 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It's really disappointing to read about. I've always been so proud of our fans. Hopefully it was just the local factor as some have suggested, but the idea that it's getting worse is worrying. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Why are we exempt from the general degradation of acceptable behaviour in society?

I think our rep as Happy Clappy Charlton Athletic will survive and let's hope the camera happy OB have caught the bell ends involved bang to rights.
  • Options
    Weird the Oxford game was moved forward whereas this wasn't, as if any game would be likely to have some aggro it was this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was embarrassed by some of our fans yesterday -I apologised for them to 2 policemen on the way out.

We have so much to sing and clap about - there really is no need for vandalism to get attention.
    As for the smoke bombs - you know someone is going to get hurt/burnt eventually, but it won't be the person(s) that sets them off.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    PopIcon said:
    Loads off bellends at match yesterday. Some dickhead shouted during the one minute silence. 
    Would they do it at Millwall....or Pompey for that matter. I like a 'lively' atmosphere and with that you do sometimes get some lads going OTT....maybe they can't handle the booze/coke...but that's no excuse.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Would they do it at Millwall....or Pompey for that matter. I like a 'lively' atmosphere and with that you do sometimes get some lads going OTT....maybe they can't handle the booze/coke...but that's no excuse.
    yes they would, and did.  At Millwall a few years back and at Pompey last season.
  • Options
    I accept that there'll be quite a few lads around who are going to get drunk and make a day of it. Fair enough. I thought the shouting in the minute's silence by the bloke at the back of the upper stand was out of order and he was rightly told to shut up by everyone around him. I don't condone mindless vandalism, like smashing up seats (bad) or toilets (worse). TBH the atmosphere was good but not as good as Luton or Pompey home; the "bounce in a minute" chants got more frequent towards the end of the second half as the football got duller (though Parker's comedy introduction was obviously to offset this). 
    Some of the boisterous behaviour continued on the train home. At one point some lads had taken all the seats off the train and someone told them to put them back as smashing up trains was Millwall behaviour not Charlton. While a couple of lads got into an argument about it, almost everyone put them back. Proper Charlton ;)
    I think it's to be expected that there will be a bit of this sort of thing at a local away game. It's probably not very pleasant for other people on the train, but then ultimately this is why there should be football specials. 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I accept that there'll be quite a few lads around who are going to get drunk and make a day of it. Fair enough. I thought the shouting in the minute's silence by the bloke at the back of the upper stand was out of order and he was rightly told to shut up by everyone around him. I don't condone mindless vandalism, like smashing up seats (bad) or toilets (worse). TBH the atmosphere was good but not as good as Luton or Pompey home; the "bounce in a minute" chants got more frequent towards the end of the second half as the football got duller (though Parker's comedy introduction was obviously to offset this). 
    Some of the boisterous behaviour continued on the train home. At one point some lads had taken all the seats off the train and someone told them to put them back as smashing up trains was Millwall behaviour not Charlton. While a couple of lads got into an argument about it, almost everyone put them back. Proper Charlton ;)
    I think it's to be expected that there will be a bit of this sort of thing at a local away game. It's probably not very pleasant for other people on the train, but then ultimately this is why there should be football specials. 
    Last we were given a football special, back in the 70’s on the League Liner, it got smashed to pieces. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    They would do it at Millwall/Pompey, but they wouldn’t do it at Accrington or Fleetwood.
  • Options
    So are we assuming the toilets were smashed up, because a steward said so ?
    I saw one pipe displaced from a urinal.
    Did anyone see worse or was that it ?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    They're exactly the sort of game where it would happen.

Somewhere like Burton or Scunthorpe. No chance.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So are we assuming the toilets were smashed up, because a steward said so ?
    I saw one pipe displaced from a urinal.
    Did anyone see worse or was that it ?
    The glass from the lights shattered all over the floor that was about 60 mins into the game.

i don’t think we are any different to any club it is the only sort of derby game we have had this year and so is going to attract certain types.