Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aouachria and Sarpong-Wiredu extend their contracts

Comments

• clive said:
    Kenneth Yao, Wassim Aouachria and Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu have all signed professional deals for Charlton the club can confirm. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc84d702330e/young-trio-to-sign-professional-deals-for-the-addicks
    The club can also confirm that it has taken the option to extend both Ashley Maynard-Brewer and Toby Stevenson's contracts by a further year

I assume their contracts ran out this summer
  • This is all very nice but there are other players we need to know about who are presently in the first team...
  • Was quite impressed with Sarpong-Wiredu when I saw him in the Checkatrade Trophy game v Swansea U21 and when he came on in the FA Cup replay v Mansfield. Can definitely see him featuring next season.
  • What has happened to Wassim Aouachria? I did not notice his name in any of the pre-season friendlies. Is he injured or unwell, or has he left the club?
  • What has happened to Wassim Aouachria? I did not notice his name in any of the pre-season friendlies. Is he injured or unwell, or has he left the club?
    Injured I believe
  • Wassim has re-appeared... Shame for the lad though what made him disappear
  • poor bugger, hope we give him another year post injury to prove himself
  • We're just getting too many of those types of injury at the moment

Kennedy | Clarke | Forster-Caskey | Aouachria, surely cant be right within the game in general?
  • edited August 2019
    We're just getting too many of those types of injury at the moment

Kennedy | Clarke | Forster-Caskey | Aouachria, surely cant be right within the game in general?
    Could be modern boots or could be the increase in use of the 3g pitches at training grounds or a combination of both of these and players not doing their own training to stabilise joints in the gym. 

• It's a glamourous life being a Pro footballer.

I know he's been out for a while, but when is he likely to play again?

• Sponsored links:

• We're just getting too many of those types of injury at the moment

Could it be the new 3G training pitches?
  • I heard a rumour that JFC's was not caused playing football...and that horseplay was to blame

3G, modern boots - both considered to be at fault but it could be any number of things.  I'd never heard of an ACL until Gazza did his and then it got named..maybe historic "knee injury" was actually a ruptured ACL and nobody had given it a name.  A bit like ADHD....when I was a kid there were kids that were just dicks but nowadays they have to label everything so ADHD was created.
  • Swisdom said:
    I heard a rumour that JFC's was not caused playing football...and that horseplay was to blame

3G, modern boots - both considered to be at fault but it could be any number of things.  I'd never heard of an ACL until Gazza did his and then it got named..maybe historic "knee injury" was actually a ruptured ACL and nobody had given it a name.  A bit like ADHD....when I was a kid there were kids that were just dicks but nowadays they have to label everything so ADHD was created.
    Kids who had special educational needs didn't get any real support back in the past. It obviously was simpler just to label them 'dicks' but it didn't really help them.

We can pretend conditions like autism, dyslexia, ADHD etc don't exist and save a lot of money in the process.
    I'm not saying they don't exist but there are some children that were just naughty.  

I'm aware the other conditions exist and are labelled and rightly so - but nowadays there are a lot more kids acting like dicks and a lot of it comes down to crap parenting and not ADHD

• Wassim has re-appeared... Shame for the lad though what made him disappear
    A real shame as he showed real promise
  • Swisdom said:
    I heard a rumour that JFC's was not caused playing football...and that horseplay was to blame

Same with a metatarsal until Beckham did it. Then suddenly loads of players seemed to get it. Was it just a 'foot injury' before? 
  • edited August 2019
    Erith school had some proper head cases in the 70’s.....! I don’t know what to label them though ...?
  • Sage said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Kids who had special educational needs didn't get any real support back in the past. It obviously was simpler just to label them 'dicks' but it didn't really help them.

We can pretend conditions like autism, dyslexia, ADHD etc don't exist and save a lot of money in the process.
    I'm not saying they don't exist but there are some children that were just naughty.  

I'm aware the other conditions exist and are labelled and rightly so - but nowadays there are a lot more kids acting like dicks and a lot of it comes down to crap parenting and not ADHD

Attitudes like this show a lack of understanding and knowledge on the condition and the history of which it has been around. The first acknowledgment of it was back in 1952. However, it wasn’t included in the DSM until it’s second edition in 1968. Treatments and understanding of medicines and conditions were still very much in its infancy.

We are now at DSM 5, the criteria for diagnosis of mental health and psychological disorders, the latest edition was published in 2013. Understanding conditions and disorders are developing all the time. Of course there are poor parents out in society but the diagnosis of conditions such as ADHD isn’t just, “That kid is a bit naughty, they have ADHD.” There is a process which is followed.

Attitudes like the one you have shown don’t help anything and only shows complete ignorance to it. But I suppose ‘nowadays they have to label everything’ so on your basis, I label you as a dick.

Feel free to come back with whatever you may wish, but until you have studied it extensively and understand the mental health related well-being of people, don’t bother. 
    You clearly know all there is to know and must therefore be right. There are no such thing as naughty kids.

Dick out
  • Swisdom said:

Dick out
    Don't catch it in the zip on its way out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Sage said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Attitudes like this show a lack of understanding and knowledge on the condition and the history of which it has been around. The first acknowledgment of it was back in 1952. However, it wasn’t included in the DSM until it’s second edition in 1968. Treatments and understanding of medicines and conditions were still very much in its infancy.

We are now at DSM 5, the criteria for diagnosis of mental health and psychological disorders, the latest edition was published in 2013. Understanding conditions and disorders are developing all the time. Of course there are poor parents out in society but the diagnosis of conditions such as ADHD isn’t just, “That kid is a bit naughty, they have ADHD.” There is a process which is followed.

Attitudes like the one you have shown don’t help anything and only shows complete ignorance to it. But I suppose ‘nowadays they have to label everything’ so on your basis, I label you as a dick.

Feel free to come back with whatever you may wish, but until you have studied it extensively and understand the mental health related well-being of people, don’t bother. 
    You clearly know all there is to know and must therefore be right. There are no such thing as naughty kids.

Dick out
    Not sure what you’re getting at because I’ve clearly said there are poor parents in society which in turn would mean there are naughty kids. But saying everything nowadays needs a label and that is how ADHD is created is clearly wrong and shows ignorance.

I don’t claim to know everything there is to know about it, but I certainly know more about the psychological and mental health related disorders, conditions and well-being than you. Even if it’s from the attitude you have shown, not from what I know personally.
  • He's a good player. 
  • Would have had at least a dozen games had he been fit. Big unit.
  • Would have had at least a dozen games had he been fit. Big unit.
    Quite skilful too. Knows how to nick a goal or two.

Former Marseille youngster who asked to be let go because he couldn't see a pathway to make progress there. Highly rated at Charlton.

But for that big injury, surely would have been involved recently and perhaps made an impact.
  • clive said:
    Kenneth Yao, Wassim Aouachria and Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu have all signed professional deals for Charlton the club can confirm. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc84d702330e/young-trio-to-sign-professional-deals-for-the-addicks
    Kenneth Yao was released in the summer and would appear to still be unattached
  • I hope it works out for the guy, I really like what I've seen. Very nice touch (naturally) from Naby, too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!