Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton Athletic 4 - Scunthorpe United 0

Couldn't see a thread for it

Stroll in the park for the boys in red and white!

Comments

• Options
    Important win. There was the possibility that we could go on a bit of a losing run, but good character from us to bounce back from Friday with a good 4-0 win. We didn’t even play that well, they were just dreadful
  • Options
    I actually predicted that scoreline, some good goals to watch later on tv.
    You always predict it, glad it finally came off! Hope you put a bet on it...
  • Options
    They had some very good chances, it has to be said. We were still the better side though and good for us to win without straining ourselves.
  • Options
    Well that was better than a Cadbury’s Easter egg!
  • Options
    Delighted with four goals from different players.

Another clean sheet is just outstanding for our defence. Phillips has had to play the waiting game amongst all the loanee keepers, but my goodness is he making it his number one shirt now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some very good goals from us and some very bad misses from them.

Not a great game in truth but some very good performances from Aribo, Dijksteel and Taylor in particular. Also impressed with Albie Morgan.
  • Options
    Result flattered us as they missed a number of sitters and we were very poor in the first half. Phillips was reliable as ever.

Taylor had an excellent second half and his first touch is outstanding. Loved the free kick and nice to see us finally score from a corner.

We were very careless in defence and lucky not to be punished.

Morgan did pretty well - more composed than Lapslie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't expect that score .. revenge for the earlier thumping at Glanford Park and keeps the team in  great order and full of confidence .. Scunthorpe now have a real struggle on their hands to stay in League One
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Well as Taylor played, why does he stand out there on the wing while someone next to him puts a cross over? If he wants it back surely they can devise a secret signal. Get in the box Lyle!!!!
  • Options
    Well worked goals and quite comfortable against a very lacklustre side. Having said that some of our defending was very poor. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We were good. 
  • Options

Only downside for me was the first substitution from Bowyer... The game didnt need Darren Pratley today, would have brought on Lapslie instead with his energy; felt that the change killed any momentum we had and actually allowed Scunthorpe to press us a bit more - Was only the fact that they were awful in front of goal today that stopped them from taking away Phillips' clean sheet!!
    My guess is Bowyer wants to keep Pratley’s fitness levels up for the play offs. 
    Probably right but I just don't think we need him. Still, hard to question Bowyer's judgment.