Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 20 your time is up!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hilarious re-writing of history

"Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by."

Nothing about other players, aiming for the Premier League or Duchatelet.

Was embarrassingsly proved wrong again and again for five years but now trying to use Roland as cover
    Certainly wasn't proved wrong. Jackson's career was tailing off as evidenced by the stats and we were relegated the following season to L1.

If the club had aspirations which is obvious it didn't he would have been moved on. 

If Charlton had been a rip roaring success and Jackson hadn't been on the wane after I posted the thread then I'd be wrong. 

Ha ha

Yeah, you were proved right five years later.

How exactly was I proved wrong? Jackson declined and was part of a team that got relegated.

How exactly did keeping him help us or am I missing something. Do you not think we should move players on or do they get protected status because they were a club legend?

At the time I made the original thread I foolishly thought the club still had aspirations to getting promotion hence why we needed better players. 

Would you not have liked better players and do you genuinely believe he hadn't declined as a player. 

Give it up.

You didn't ask for better players

You didnt talk about about promotion

You said a player didn't add anything to the team and his time was up.

You were wrong.
  • Options

"Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by."

Was embarrassingsly proved wrong again and again for five years but now trying to use Roland as cover
    Certainly wasn't proved wrong. Jackson's career was tailing off as evidenced by the stats and we were relegated the following season to L1.

If the club had aspirations which is obvious it didn't he would have been moved on. 

If Charlton had been a rip roaring success and Jackson hadn't been on the wane after I posted the thread then I'd be wrong. 

Ha ha

How exactly was I proved wrong? Jackson declined and was part of a team that got relegated.

How exactly did keeping him help us or am I missing something. Do you not think we should move players on or do they get protected status because they were a club legend?

At the time I made the original thread I foolishly thought the club still had aspirations to getting promotion hence why we needed better players. 

Would you not have liked better players and do you genuinely believe he hadn't declined as a player. 

Give it up.

You were wrong.
    I obviously aspire to getting better players and promotion - you'd have to be a pretty weird fan not to. 

As it was we had a poor squad and got relegated to L1 where we've been marooned ever since. Maybe you have no aspirations for Charlton?

Would you actually have liked better players?

• Options
    God we have some crap fans. Ashamed at times. Ripping up seats at away grounds, saying our players are finished, hating young players who want to leave the shambles that we are right now to better themselves. Disgraceful.
  • Options

Ha ha

Give it up.

You were wrong.
    I obviously aspire to getting better players and promotion - you'd have to be a pretty weird fan not to. 

As it was we had a poor squad and got relegated to L1 where we've been marooned ever since. Maybe you have no aspirations for Charlton?

Irrelevant strawman points to try and justify a huge gaff you made but still won't admit.

We all want better players. We all aspire to promotion but you mentioned neither.

I don't say that "Taylor adds nothing to the team and his time is up" and then hillariously claim what I really meant was "I want Harry Kane up top"

• Options

Ha ha

Give it up.

You were wrong.

Irrelevant strawman points to try and justify a huge gaff you made but still won't admit.

We all want better players. We all aspire to promotion but you mentioned neither.

I don't say that "Taylor adds nothing to the team and his time is up" and then hillariously claim what I really meant was "I want Harry Kane up top"

I'd like Charlton to do well and am not as sentimental about keeping players. Keeping players past their sell by date is not something that successful clubs do - I certainly wouldn't include Charlton in that category.

We obviously have different aspirations and are very different people. 

I hope you've enjoyed our decline more than I have.

We have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Options
    cabbles said:
    LenGlover said:
    There's a phrase when people don't want to engage in debate that 'I won't dignify that with a response' or similar.

Not a phrase I believe in using as everyone is entitled to an opinion but if I was to use it now would be the time.

The bloke is arguably our most consistent player over many years and apparently (I didn't see it myself) had a bad game playing out of position and at very short notice!

If we ever get a proper owner I expect this thread to run and run like Jacko's did.
    I made the mistake of being one of the idiots that wrote Jacko off on his thread.  It’s definitely a topic worthy of debate, but I agree with Len and I’m not going to make the same mistake here.  Solly still has a role to play.  Only 2 weeks ago he put in the cross for Taylor at Plymouth.  

He, like Jacko are top players and in actual fact, some of the knee jerk posts I put on JJ’s thread are probably some of the stupidest things I’ve written on this site in the 9 years I’ve been on here.  I cringe to look back at what I wrote and if I could take them back I would 

Jackson should have been moved on in 2014 when I started the original thread as he was past his best but he wasn't and that was symptomatic of the lack of ambition in the club and mirrored our decline. RD didn't aspire to try to get promotion from the Championship and we were ultimately doomed to L1 due to our poor squad.

Sentimentality aside sometimes players have to be moved on if you want to achieve. I still think Solly can do a job at RB but up to what level I don't know.
    Mate, he proved you and me wrong.  I eat a massive slice of humble pie when it comes to JJ and genuinely hold my hands up and say I was wrong.  Factually, he smashed it and the bloke is pure class
  • Options

Ha ha

I wouldn't bother arguing with him.  You will never get the last word, HI is always right.  Just put your thoughts and ignore the follow up.
    Had my disagreements with Henry but he’s right here. Not sure how Hoof It believes they were right. Yes Jackson did decline eventually but I could start a thread saying Harry Kane is in decline and one day I would be right. 

Yes we declined as a team but that wasn’t down to the fact that Jackson was no longer good enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Embarrassing thread. As was the previous JJ one.

He didnt even have anywhere near as bad a game as some are making out. 

Will never ever ever understand the mentality of wanting to knock your own players. Standing there on Friday it was if some were willing Reeves, Williams, Parker or Solly to do something wrong so they could let rip. 
    Dirty bastards. 

Not on those smashing seats surely?
  • Options
    Embarrassing thread. As was the previous JJ one.

He didnt even have anywhere near as bad a game as some are making out. 

Will never ever ever understand the mentality of wanting to knock your own players. Standing there on Friday it was if some were willing Reeves, Williams, Parker or Solly to do something wrong so they could let rip. 
    It’s football fans and I think we are all guilty of it to some degree. If you form an opinion then you don’t want to be proven wrong. Of course I am not condoning it, recently I was sat behind a bloke who before the game was saying Cullen was too lightweight. He went on to have a good game but he did indeed get shoved off the ball on one occasion and the bloke spent the next 20 minutes stating how that proved him right. 
  • Options
    Just do not understand why there is a need to discuss whether Chris Solly is past his best,he is I think 28 he has had serious knee problems most of his career and obviously must be managed sensibly.He was asked at a late stage to play left back last week and is getting slaughtered for his performance which unfortunatly ended with a red card.He will play around 30 games a year and you can count the bad ones on one hand.This guy bleeds Charlton,show him some respect.
    The injury is probably the reason he is past his best. I think it's fair to ask the question, but I do agree slaughtering him over one game at left-back is stupid. 

The Solly at his best was a cracking right-back even in the League above but I do think that one is gone. He has been a loyal servant and I am sure he has a few years in him yet. 
  • Options
    Just wondering if I should get ahead of myself and start a similar thread for Lapslie and Morgan.
  • Options

Ha ha

Give it up.

You were wrong.

I'd like Charlton to do well and am not as sentimental about keeping players. Keeping players past their sell by date is not something that successful clubs do - I certainly wouldn't include Charlton in that category.

We obviously have different aspirations and are very different people. 

I hope you've enjoyed our decline more than I have.

We have to agree to disagree on this one. 

You should stick to making sarcastic comments that contribute nothing, you're embarrassing yourself here.

Time has proved you to be wrong, how you can dispute that is beyond me.
  • Options
    Just going back to the Solly at left back situation,he has had to do this before.and without complaint got on with it knowing he would not be as effective as if he were in his usual position.Would you ever see Stuart Pearce,Ashley Cole,Chris Powell play right back as well as they did left,or Kyle Walker,Alexander Arnold move to the left with the same level,of course not,and instead of admiring Sollys attitude,he gets slaughtered,pathetic.
  • Options
    After the forthcoming summer clear-out of loan players and those that Roland can get a fee for, we will be relying on Chris Solly plus the youngsters and whichever journeyman footballers we can sign for £100 a week whatever division we are competing in. It's the dastardly Belgian's master plan.