Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rest players or regain momentum?

2»

Comments

• Options
    "Go out and put yourself in the shop window, You think you should play every week, now prove it"
    Bowyer to Fosu.

"I need you to sit out the next two games because your our main man and come back for Rochdale, between you and me, if you get injured, we are screwed"
    Bowyer to Taylor.

"I always rated you and will give you two games as main striker to prove it," 
    Bowyer to Parker.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The fact Shrewsbury rested players last year made a huge difference in our games against them.
    We rested players in our last game last season away to Rochdale. Awful performance that day by the players brought in (Kaikai one of them) and didn't help at all in the play off games against Shrews.

As an aside......I'd bring Fosu back just because he CAN produce something special on his day. He runs at defenders & can score goals. Not to have him even on the bench is criminal - especially when the alternatives are Morgan, Lapslie & Pratley. Really  ??!!
  • Options
    The fact Shrewsbury rested players last year made a huge difference in our games against them.
    This! It looked like we had completely run out of steam and Shrewsbury had been guaranteed play-offs for some time so had the advantage of a fresher squad. Not that it did them any good in the end of course!
  • Options
    I don’t get resting players. These guys are professional athletes. They maintain sharpness by playing matches. I think it more likely that Taylor will score in the play offs if he scores goals in the last 3 games of the season. 

You rest him for the next three and he could get injured in the first play off game. I think we keep playing our strongest team but sensible substitutions to maintain an element of rotation. 
  • Options
    Still try and work out the best 11, simples. 
  • Options
    Some rotation is needed but getting momentum is also key.

Even things like withdrawing Taylor and Bielik 15 mins from the end is proven to make a big difference to recovery times.
  • Options
    I don’t get resting players. These guys are professional athletes. They maintain sharpness by playing matches. I think it more likely that Taylor will score in the play offs if he scores goals in the last 3 games of the season. 

You rest him for the next three and he could get injured in the first play off game. I think we keep playing our strongest team but sensible substitutions to maintain an element of rotation. 
    I don't think anyone is saying rest the first XI for all 3 games, just change it up a bit, and give some of the key players a game off. For example the first play off game is just 4-5 days after the last league game, so for me that'd be the ideal time to rest some of them.