Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wage capping

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
LINK: Article on wage capping, with references to Dazza

The only way I imagine you could impose wage-capping on clubs would not be at the individual level, but as some sort of ratio allowed of wages to turnover.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that Magnusson disputes the wages quoted in the press
  • Options
    he doesn't dispute that Dazza was offred in excess of £55k, he refers to "current" players.

Somebody told me on very good authority a few months ago that Lucas Neill is on £53k per week so that fits.
  • Options
    So a wage cap is offering huge money to players from other clubs to get them to sign but then moaning that for all your investment and "creative" registration procedures you still don't look like a Champions League contender.

And now Man City and Newcastle and Birmingham and Blackburn have got big investors too so you are a bit worried that you may not have the cash cow that you thought you would so you start talking about wage caps and cutting spending.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that clubs would find a loophole and just offer a huge signing on fee which could be hidden somewhere like under:

"Wages for Fan's Director"
  • Options
    I am suffering from Wage Capping at the moment, I am on the exact same wage I was on three years ago, bloody nuisance it is. No smiley at the end cos it's bloomin true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am suffering from Wage Capping at the moment, I am on the exact same wage I was on three years ago, bloody nuisance it is. No smiley at the end cos it's bloomin true.
    ;-)