Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I know it may be old hat and everything...

...but reading about Juventus coming back up to Serie A and looking for players etc got me thinking that the money gap in that league is not as much/players more loyal or are clubs willling to take on ridiculous amounts of debt? Because they kept these players for an extra season while in a league below:

Buffon
Del Piero
Trezeguet
Nedved

What's that about?!

Comments

• The difference I think is that Juve KNEW they would come straight back up, it was not an if, it was a when. With some obvious exceptions, when you look in the Rothmans (sorry, Sky Sports) yearbook, the playing history of players in Italy almost always shows a change of club every two years, so I don't think they are any more loyal than any modern day footballer. They go where the glory is, and in the case of Juve they know that's never far away.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]The difference I think is that Juve KNEW they would come straight back up, it was not an if, it was a when. With some obvious exceptions, when you look in the Rothmans (sorry, Sky Sports) yearbook, the playing history of players in Italy almost always shows a change of club every two years, so I don't think they are any more loyal than any modern day footballer. They go where the glory is, and in the case of Juve they know that's never far away.
    If (it never will but if) a similar thing happened to Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc do you think they'd keep their players?