Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quick ref question.

Can a keeper bounce the ball in their area whilst game is on going?

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Can a manager bounce another manager in the tunnel when the game has finished?
  • Joke by the way 
  • Can a ref bounce a quick question while the game is going on?
  • Can the crowd bounce in the stand whilst the game is going on?
  • Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
  • Can Bielik wear a box to protect his balls whilst the game is going on?
  • Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
    I'm. Under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    I'm. Under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    Id imagine they would class him bouncing it as still in controlled possession of the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Can a keeper bounce the ball in their area whilst game is on going?
    Can and do. It would be an offence to even try and kick it away when under his control. Why he would want to is a better question.
    Id imagine they would class him bouncing it as still in controlled possession of the ball
    I don't think so actually because a player is allow to nick it off him whilst bouncing it - and if the keeper has 'control' of the ball (in 1 hand, 2 hands, or between one hand and the ground/post etc.) he's deemed to be in control and you can't pinch it off him.
    I don't think so actually because a player is allow to nick it off him whilst bouncing it - and if the keeper has 'control' of the ball (in 1 hand, 2 hands, or between one hand and the ground/post etc.) he's deemed to be in control and you can't pinch it off him.
    Are they?
  • Redrobo said:
    Can a keeper bounce the ball in their area whilst game is on going?
    Can and do. It would be an offence to even try and kick it away when under his control. Why he would want to is a better question.
    I guess they'd be checking the feel of the ball and whether its deflated in anyway

Hence why the referee bounced the ball really early on Saturday as was clear from player reaction that the ball needed to be replaced
    Are they?
    Well, I've just read the rule and I don't know. Benzema did it in the Champs League final last year and got away with it? Ignoring the rules, I feel like generally if the keeper is bouncing it near a striker it's considered fair game... but, the rule says...

Laws of the Game (Advice 12.16 and 12.17), the goalkeeper is also considered to be in possession of the ball while bouncing it on the ground or while throwing it into the air.  Possession is given up if, while throwing the ball into the air, it is allowed to strike the ground.

It's weird, if the keeper threw the ball up in the air I can't see referees giving a foul for a player going for it. Also, bouncing it is allowing it to strike the ground so is possession given up? To be honest, I'm more confused having read the rule...
  • So, any ref know the rules. 

I claimed 3 indirect 3 kicks Saturday for their keeper doing this. 

Just wanted to know if I was correct. 
    I think you will find you can’t and that a goal keeper is considered to be in control of the ball when bouncing it. I agree that if the ball is on the palm of his hand, he is in control. Also with one hand on top of a ball on the ground etc.
    Are they?
    Well, I've just read the rule and I don't know. Benzema did it in the Champs League final last year and got away with it? Ignoring the rules, I feel like generally if the keeper is bouncing it near a striker it's considered fair game... but, the rule says...

Laws of the Game (Advice 12.16 and 12.17), the goalkeeper is also considered to be in possession of the ball while bouncing it on the ground or while throwing it into the air.  Possession is given up if, while throwing the ball into the air, it is allowed to strike the ground.

It's weird, if the keeper threw the ball up in the air I can't see referees giving a foul for a player going for it. Also, bouncing it is allowing it to strike the ground so is possession given up? To be honest, I'm more confused having read the rule...
    Yeah i didn't think it would be straight forward. I think if a striker was to try and disposes the keeper while he's bouncing it then he'd give a free kick.

The ref on Saturday wouldn't know his arse from him elbow so there's no way he'd have given something that actually related to the rules.

The ref on Saturday wouldn't know his arse from him elbow so there's no way he'd have given something that actually related to the rules.
    Sorry, should have stated  I was playing in a game and actually got the free kicks off the ref. 
    To be honest he didn't know his arse from his elbow and wanted to see if I was right to claim them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's that poster that gets all aggressive when someone insults refereeing decisions?
    I'm under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    Most important question I'd ask you is why do you think it would be a handball? It's not a back pass. It's a bounce from the GK to the GK.
  • Saw a televised game a few years back where a keeper was unbelievably penalised for parrying the ball from a shot then picking it up. Not seen a decision like it before or since. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
    I'm under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    Most important question I'd ask you is why do you think it would be a handball? It's not a back pass. It's a bounce from the GK to the GK.
    I think he means if the goalie rolls the ball from his hands, gets closed down by a striker then he can’t pick it back up. So what’s different when he bounces it, as it still leaves his hands. 
  • Surely a parry is a deflection? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
    I think he means if the goalie rolls the ball from his hands, gets closed down by a striker then he can’t pick it back up. So what’s different when he bounces it, as it still leaves his hands. 
    I think it's similar to when players used to try to impede the keeper when releasing the ball to boot it upfield. Although the ball has been released from the hands it's still classed as being in their possession. Whereas rolling the ball from hands is not. 
    Are they?

Hence why Bauer's goal against Millwall should have stood!!

Unfortunately we had Keith Stroud
  • I have a ref question I am genuinely not sure about. I was told that when making a sub, the substitute can't restart the game with a throw-in, free-kick or penalty. Is this correct?
  • I have a ref question I am genuinely not sure about. I was told that when making a sub, the substitute can't restart the game with a throw-in, free-kick or penalty. Is this correct?
    Don't think so. Didn't Vardy come on a few weeks ago and take a pen straight away? 
  • Surely a parry is a deflection? 
    He’s a sport commentator.