Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English Championship vs French Ligue 2, cost of football

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Following the signing of Moo2, thought i'd have a little look into the two leagues.

There is no doubt that this is going to be a step up for Moo2, not just in terms of play but also in arena as well. His old club average 6,000 crowds.

But its the cost that is the real eye opener. Tickets behind both goals are €9, and you can get a season ticket for just €90.

How did we allow ticket prices in this country to get so vastly inflated ?

I read last night that Hibs fans are planning a boycott of the derby with Hearts because Hearts are putting their ticket prices up by £7 to £33. They say they are not having it, and gaining from support from the other clubs in the league.

Here we have ridiculously allowed the top cartel as much power as they like to do what they want, and instead of everyone else standing up to them, we've feebly attempted to ride on their coat tails.

Comments

• Options
    It's a good point. And not only is ticket money a relatively small proportion of a club's income but it only ends up in the betfair accounts of overpaid primadonnas anyway!

Charlton have been excellent in taking a stand against this - if only some other clubs would follow suit.
  • Options
    the cost of sitting at a French Ligue 2 game is the same as standing at a Kent League game, with no facilities.

Its wrong. No Championship game should be more than £15-£20 in price. What will palace charge us ?

Something like £33-£35....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the cost of sitting at a French Ligue 2 game is the same as standing at a Kent League game, with no facilities.

Its wrong. No Championship game should be more than £15-£20 in price. What will palace charge us ?

Probably £1M

It is a terrible situation, but it won't change while there are plenty of us willing to pay these prices. If I moan about the price of something it is often compared to the cost of going to a match ...
    eg last weekend, "I'm not paying thirty quid to go to Groombridge!"
    "But it's a family day-out and you'd pay that at The Valley"
    "Okay let's go"

At the very least clubs should agree a cap for the prices charged to away fans, it's disgraceful having to pay fifty quid say to go and watch your team lose at Chelsea. Could set a cap of £20 or £25.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]What will palace charge us ?

Like you care, your ticket is in the bag!
  • Options
    AFKA isn't going anyway - washing his hair or something
  • Options
    Maybe we should follow Hibs example and boycott the Palarse away game. I don't want my hard-earned cash going into Tango Mans pockets