Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We're going to end up so frustratingly close to the top two :(

My thoughts exactly.  Could be one of those seasons where we look back at the near misses like Coventry x2 games or Sunderland first day of season and think ‘if only’.  Need to win all our remaining 5 and have a large slice of luck, still Sunderland have a tough run in and may start to flag with two games a week.

not over till it’s over, and going up via the play offs is better anyway! 😀
    I think this weekend may be the critical game. Portsmouth and Sunderland have harder run ins, and they’ve got to play each other. Us and Barnsley have it easier on paper. 

If we can get a win against Luton, I think we’ll be right in the mix. 
  • Options
    From some of the comments sounds like Igor played well. Could be crucial if he can add a goal or 2 between now and the end of the season. Well done boys. Got to keep going for 2nd until its mathematically impossible 
    Ran his socks off and looked pretty sharp, though he never actually had a chance to get on the score sheet.
  • Options
    We win Saturday everyone nobody wants to play us

Wycombe did well, hope they stay up
  • Options
    Certainly makes saturdays game all to play for and regardless of autos we need to keep winning to have right approach to play offs. Dillon Phillips disliked by Robinson but now loved by us all.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased for those that travelled.

Sounds like they did us a proud, just as they did at Plymouth - rewarded with 6 points and 0 goals conceded.

Well done all you loud travelling Addicks.
    Spot on mate. The 3 Counties Radio (Wycombe) commentary team commented on how great the travelling Addicks were. 
  • Options
    Best form in the league along with Oxford.

Great result 
  • Options
    Keep plugging away. Seems highly unlikely but stranger things have happened.
  • Options
    Win all 5 and we will get 2nd - Luton is the acid test. COYA!
  • Options
    Still think autos are just out of reach & feels like 1998 again, with clean sheets & a good run going into the play offs. 

On the Pearce / Sarr debate.....I'd go for Sarr- stronger & doesn't foul as much. Can also pass very well too. 
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Let’s just hope Luton do not turn up on Saturday

They are 7 points clear for back to back promotions- everyone thinks you have done brilliantly Luton....just don’t be greedy!
    They've turned up for their last 28 unbeaten league games.
  • Options
    Watched on I-Follow .. Charlton were very average and didn’t really create a great deal. The defence were outstanding despite Anfernee being a little flaky. But top marks go to the fans. OUTSTANDING performance lads and lasses. Didn’t stop singing all match and was noted by the commentators. Onwards and upwards towards the weekend. Seen somewhere that Luton are without their first choice strikers. With a bit of luck and fair wind, 2ns spot ain’t out of the question, is it?
  • Options
    If Gobinson beats us on Good Friday I will actually like Fraeye more than gobshite..jeez 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Akinfenwa was a right headache all game. With him out there Wycombe always had a chance. Pearce did well against him but it looked like it could have been a better match up when Sarr came on. They're about the same size anyway. 
  • Options
    Pearce and Bauer = first choice

Maybe too late for automatic promotion but while it's possible have to keep trying for it.

If not we go into play-offs with momentum, an inform penalty saving keeper and a nearly full fit squad.
    I can see Pearce v Sarr being a very heated argument on here that may deserve its own thread

We're blessed with three excellent Centre-Backs in Bauer | Pearce | Sarr... If Page was fit then I'd suggest going 3-5-2 but wonder if Purrington has that ability to play Wing Back

Yes Sarr has been magnificent himself the last 20-odd games but you can only go on the last one and on that showing its difficult to drop either him or Pearce as both played well tonight (Sarr having a good cameo in what would have been a difficult game to join) - In all I dont envy the job Bowyer has on his hands dropping one of them and think that we have to go as per the opposition, there will be times when Sarr will be better suited to the team we're facing, there will be times when we need Pearce... Ultimately think (unless we lose due a mistake of theirs) we need to trust Lee's judgement on whoever starts out of each
    You could also say that our best CB is none of those three.
  • Options
    It's good to hear reports of Dillon's kicking & distribution getting better, as it was the only thing letting him down.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer picked a side to grind out a result, it just about worked, well done.
    To beat Luton we will need the flair players back. Bowyer is a good manager and knows that.
    I will be amazed if Sarr, Williams, Bielik, Solly and Reeves don't come back into the side for Luton.  Reeves maybe from the bench for Williams after 70 minutes 
    Is probably why he held off making any subs for so long and even then they were the sort to get you a second goal... Keep those flair players fresh for Saturday!!
  • Options
    I can't help but think if we still had KAG that we would be the runaway fave to win the playoffs.
  • Options
    Our lack of goals may hurt us in the final reckoning.
  • Options
    Our lack of goals may hurt us in the final reckoning.
    Maybe not if we continue not to concede