Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe v Charlton - Match Thread

edited April 2019 in General Charlton
Evening everyone, welcome to your midweek match thread. Four changes for the Addicks tonight...

Comments

• Options
    Awaits hair pulling posts about Sarr being dropped.
  • Options
    Bowyer clearly mixing things up and giving rests to sum. 

Sensible with play offs looming or shouldn’t change things so much?
  • Options
    That is rank. Regretting this already. Also I have to find a taxi in a minute ffs
  • Options
    Arghh not Pratley
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Not an attractive selection but rotation required and we’ll save our ball players if we need them later in the game. Having a pleasant beer at the marquee at Adams Park. Lots of Addicks about. Nice night for it. Journey took ages thanks to M25   COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sensible call

Could have played a strong team and go all out for 2nd spot yet if that doesnt happen (as outside of our control) it could either leave our first eleven short due to injuries or tiredness

Be good if Albie Morgan can get a good bit of game time tonight too
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with rotation but putting everyone in the squad with a bad touch and poor passing skill in the same team with nothing even resembling a winger seems crazy 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Pearce for Sarr isn't the problem here. TBH it's mostly Pratley
  • Options
    still no fosu and marshall? 

glad lapslie is getting a start 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said on the previous thread, I expect Aribo to play behind the front two and he can really do some damage from there and has a goal in him.

He could make this role his own if he does well and I think it is where he will end up playing. Certainly for us.
  • Options
    Fosu injured or out of favour?
  • Options
    Agree with @leuth here, teams looks very uninspired 
  • Options
    Surely this was a game to start Fosu and Marshall and tell them to go for it 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    As I said on the previous thread, I expect Aribo to play behind the front two and he can really do some damage from there and has a goal in him.

He could make this role his own if he does well and I think it is where he will end up playing. Certainly for us.
    Lyle mentioned on the News Shopper saying how unfortunate it is we have Williams | Fosu | Aribo who can all play that No.10 role so would agree with you
  • Options
    Quite like the look of that tbh - we’ll see.
  • Options
    There is no width in that side and precious little to come off bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I’m not sure it’s either. Bows picks who plays best. Fosu needs to work in training so he is ready to take his chance, which is bound to happen at some point.
  • Options
    Reeves and Williams are good to bring on to exploit tired legs, Parker can do plenty of running even if not much goal threat. I would guess Bowyer is setting up for a grind out game - no dedicated wingers says no elaborate flowing football in the offing. Gwt the first goal and we try and just see it out, go behind and Reeves and/or Williams come on.
  • Options
    Pratley 10/1 1st goal scorer.
  • Options
    Tuning in from Hanoi to watch on ifollow.. God knows what I'm thinking watching from 1.45AM onwards.. 

Team might not be our best but looks good enough to me and there's extra firepower on the bench. Get some minutes into those who haven't played much and rest the others up for Saturday.

COYR. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Surely this was a game to start Fosu and Marshall and tell them to go for it 
    And Parker surely?
  • Options
    Wycombe: Allsop, Jombati, Gape, El-Abd (c), Kashket, Harriman, Thompson, Akinfenwa, Freeman, Samuel, McCarthy. Subs: Ma-Kalambay, Jacobson, Stewart, Bean, Cowan-Hall, Owens, Frempah. #WYCvCHA
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I watched him play for the U23s against Millwall.

TBH, he was pants...
  • Options
    I've no problem with that team selection,  Bowyer has clearly gone for physical presence over class tonight, save Williams etc for Saturday 

Nice ground and setup, but 3.50 for a programme is a bit of a ripoff when everywhere else charges £3.
  • Options
    This is Wycombe ffs.
    If we can't win this then forget about promotion  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!