Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Drinkwater charged with drink-driving after crash

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47864761

I'd forgotten about him. Been at Chelsea for 2 years, where his career has completely ground to a halt. Still, the money is good...

Comments

• Hey guys? I think there might be a pun in there somewhere 
  • Obviously drink driving is scummy, but seeing as no other car was involved the main thing I take from that report is that he cost Chelsea £35m yet hardly plays. Football gone mad.
  • The radio said he is on 100k a week and only started one game this season. 
  • I’d completely forgotten about him. Maybe this was his dramatic attempt to get his name back into public consciousness?
  • cafckev said:
    The radio said he is on 100k a week and only started one game this season. 
    Fucking disgraceful!
  • cafckev said:
    The radio said he is on 100k a week and only started one game this season. 
    To think he could be playing every single game for us for £10k a week. 
  • He's on £100,00 a week, has he never heard of taxis/mini cabs/uber?
  • £100,000 I mean.

• edited April 2019
    Ask Scott Parker about the Chelsea Bermuda triangle. 

Danny Drinkwater went from a Premier League winning side where he played every week at Leicester to not getting in the 18 man squad at Chelsea.
    He was never going to make it at Chelsea, as his success was based on his telepathic understanding of Vardy's runs where he was redundant at Chelsea when on the few occasions he played, he was a shadow of the player at the foxes.

Money talks and it's so disengenuos when some players make out its all about playing.

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    He's on £100,00 a week, has he never heard of taxis/mini cabs/uber?
    or chauffeurs?
  • bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    He's on £100,00 a week, has he never heard of taxis/mini cabs/uber?
    or chauffeurs?
    If I was on £100K a week it would be helicopters everywhere, if there’s nowhere for the helicopter to land then I’m not going!
  • I guess the big question is who is happier , Drinkwater or say Vardy who plays every week? 
  • Obviously drink driving is scummy, but seeing as no other car was involved the main thing I take from that report is that he cost Chelsea £35m yet hardly plays. Football gone mad.
    i was in the hairdresser earlier and according to the paper i was reading he crashed into a skoda and the driver was treated for minor injuries
  • a lot of these footballers think they are above the law and i have 0 sympathy with them same with loris, a lad i know got killed on his 18th birthday by a drink driver so for me they punishments are no where near severe enough. 
  • When it gets to court his solicitor will appeal against a ban as it will impact on his charity work.

Low and behold they get let off!!!

• edited April 2019
    Was he the one that went on loan to Watford as a youngster and his mate died in a car accident (or is that someone else?). At that time it wasn't drink driving. Must have been about 10yrs ago or so? 
  • oh it was this one. I am sure Watford had 2 players on loan from Man Utd at that time including this young fella who tragically lost his life. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3137955.stm
  • a lot of these footballers think they are above the law and i have 0 sympathy with them same with loris, a lad i know got killed on his 18th birthday by a drink driver so for me they punishments are no where near severe enough. 
    But if that hadn’t happened to the lad then the punishments would be severe enough?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    I guess the big question is who is happier , Drinkwater or say Vardy who plays every week? 
    At the time, Vardy was offered 120k by Arsenal and  would rotate with the other 6 strikers they had at the time, or stay at Leicester where they gave him an increase to 100k a week and was the main man.
    Once your a multi millionaire I'm not sure the 20k means as much.

Mega difference going from 4k to 24k a week. (Grant)

I understand why Drinkwater moved to Chelsea but 2 years of his career have vanished.  100k a week for training 2 hours a day !  

Fixed that for you, golfie. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    a lot of these footballers think they are above the law and i have 0 sympathy with them same with loris, a lad i know got killed on his 18th birthday by a drink driver so for me they punishments are no where near severe enough. 
    But if that hadn’t happened to the lad then the punishments would be severe enough?
    maybe the way i worded it, no they aren't severe regardless of me personally knowing someone.
  • edited April 2019
    iaitch said:
    When it gets to court his solicitor will appeal against a ban as it will impact on his charity work.

Low and behold they get let off!!!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think anyone gets let off on a DD charge.....a ban is a given.