Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic | Saturday 06 April 2019 | Match Thread

Team News has been released with Chris Solly and Krystian Bielik returning to the starting eleven

Charlton Athletic
Phillips | Solly | Bauer | Sarr | Purrington | Bielik | Cullen | Aribo | Williams | Taylor | Vetokele
Substitutes: Maxwell | Dijksteel | Pearce | Lapslie | Pratley | Reeves | Parker

Plymouth Argyle
Macey | Threlkeld | Edwards | Canavan | Sawyer | Ness | Fox | Sarcevic | Lameiras | Carey | Lapedo
Substitutes: Songo'o | Taylor | Anderson | Jones | Letheren | Smith-Brown | Fletcher

Comments

• Options
    Slightly more defensive but looks good on paper.

come on you Addicks
  • Options
    Reeves is playing but also a sub? Should it be Williams in one of those, either way COYR!
  • Options
    Would like to have seen Fosu or Marshall on the bench - pace of either can be useful towards the last 15.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Williams is playing. Reeves on bench.

whats happened to Marshall and fosu?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think Bowyer sees this as his first choice eleven and is going for it, avoiding the temptation to rotate players just yet. Although may well rest a few Tuesday at Wycombe.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Reeves is playing but also a sub? Should it be Williams in one of those, either way COYR!
    Williams is the one who starts

A defensive looking midfield, but probably the right call for today. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I think Bowyer sees this as his first choice eleven and is going for it, avoiding the temptation going to rotate players just yet. Although may well rest a few Tuesday at Wycombe.
    Going by what Bowyer did at this stage of last season I wonder if we'll see Solly and Dijksteel alternating between now and the end of the season

Might even see the same if Lewis Page can return to fitness in enough time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We actually have a fair bit of depth in midfield when you consider the likes of Morgan who are also pushing for a place in the squad

Personally I would have included one of Marshall or Fosu at the expense of either Lapslie or Pratley as I think our bench slightly lacks attacking options, if we're say 1-0 down and chasing for an equaliser.
  • Options
    Is Fosu injured? Haven’t got many attacking options from the bench in midfield - still confident of a result though
  • Options
    Yes, we need to be helping the lad find form in these games as we might need it. Is he injured or dropped?
  • Options

We actually have a fair bit of depth in midfield when you consider the likes of Morgan who are also pushing for a place in the squad

Personally I would have included one of Marshall or Fosu at the expense of either Lapslie or Pratley as I think our bench slightly lacks attacking options, if we're say 1-0 down and chasing for an equaliser.
    Completely agree and am very surprised at least one of them are not on the bench.

I guess we will see how we go but would assume they may be involved on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Maybe horses for courses on the bench and or Fosu and Marshall not doing enough to stake a claim in training midweek 😯.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Maybe horses for courses on the bench and or Fosu and Marshall not doing enough to stake a claim in training midweek 😯.
    Seeing its happened on a constant basis I'd say the latter
  • Options
    I can only assume that Fosu was injured at the end of the u23 game; that or he was useless. Reeves is the only potential game changer on the bench, assuming it’s his one good game in 6
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Would like to have seen Fosu or Marshall on the bench - pace of either can be useful towards the last 15.
    Yep. Fosu is a game changer. Need to keep the faith in him as we may just come to rely on that one special moment in the playoffs 
  • Options
    WTF!!

Red shirts / black shorts???
  • Options
    GAME TIME! Come on you mighty Addickssssss! #cafc

• Options
    The Greens will attack the Barn Park End first-half, the way it should be. #pafc
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway at Home Park... #pafc 0 #cafc 0

It seems some clubs can kick off on time
  • Options
    WTF!!

Red shirts / black shorts???
    Looks good, much better than when we switch to red shorts. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!