Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford United issued with winding up order

Oxford United have been served with a winding-up petition by their Kassam Stadium landlords for £204,000 in unpaid rent and service charges.

Firoka - owned by former Oxford United owner and chairman Firoz Kassam - issued the petition on Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47820117

Also

OXFORD United increased their spending on agents for the second successive year according to the Football Association's latest figures.

The U’s paid £142,551 between February 1, 2017 and the end of the January transfer window this year.

It is the seventh highest figure among clubs in Sky Bet League One this season, although the top-two on the list, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic, began the period in the Championship.

When asked about agent fees last year, U’s boss Karl Robinson felt paying them was the only way to attract top talent.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfordunited/usnews/17551056.oxford-united-spending-on-agent-fees-increases/

Comments

• But who will we play in the cup every year?
  • Top talent ?
  • Boysie said:
    Top talent ?
    He means him.
  • Not funny now. A club is going to go at some point soon. Gonna  stick my neck out but the ones we hate the most I wouldn't want to see going to the wall if you excuse the pun ..a supporter of a club is a supporter, whether it's charlton or Chelsea or Cheltenham. 

• Holmes and Kashi must have driven a hard bargain after being scouted for months. 
  • Like I say, these winding up orders and Administrations are gonna fall from the sky in the next recession. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Like I say, these winding up orders and Administrations are gonna fall from the sky in the next recession. 
    Like on that telly programme Lost?
  • It's getting quite scary now. So many teams recently have been taken over by businessmen who are apparently loaded and are going to make them competitive and take them up the leagues, and then leave them closer to the brink than they ever were. I'd take pretty much anyone over Roland, but it really might not get a lot better going by all these other teams struggling.
  • Not funny now. A club is going to go at some point soon. Gonna  stick my neck out but the ones we hate the most I wouldn't want to see going to the wall if you excuse the pun ..a supporter of a club is a supporter, whether it's charlton or Chelsea or Cheltenham. 

F*** that, I'd love to see palice go bust.

This times a thousand 
  • Stripy Nigel Shitweasel pricks would get no sympathy from me.
  • They must of got Karl's bacon sandwich bill...

Too right