Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cost to increase the Valley?

Say we was a premiership club these days what would it cost to expand the Valley to say 40,000?  £m?.

Comments

• Options
    😖
  • Options
    *were
  • Options
    Premiership?
    so is that football in Scotland or rugby in England?
  • Options
    £77m
  • Options
    £26m?.
  • Options
    But it will never happen

We'll move to a new ground and the Valley will be turned into a community stadium with a plastic pitch.

That's the big hold up on the takeover.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I'd like to see the South corners filled some day. If anything just so away fans can be housed in the South East corner and also given the East blocks A and B while we finally reclaim the Jimmy Seed stand or at least half of it. 

It won't make any dent on income though and a 40,000 stadium would look even emptier than it does now if we plummeted back down to League One again. 

Got a feeling we might never see The Valley increase beyond it's current capacity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At some point the top 3 flights of English football could all be refered to as “division one” in some way

regardless of sponsorship etc if you say “the premier league” I don’t think many people will be confused what division you’re taking about.

”premiership” just bugs me...it’s been 12 years!
  • Options
    About 7 years and god only knows how much money before we even need to think about it. 
  • Options
    I think both our neighbours at Selhurst and Bermondsey are both having there grounds made bigger and re_vamped 
  • Options
    Premier League.
  • Options
    The amount of additional potential matchday income would be immaterial compared to the huge TV money now available in the Premier League.  Hard to see why it would be worth it unless we were well established and confident of filling those seats for every game, and even then the payback period would be quite long.
    And that’s why Clubs like Bournemouth, Burnley, Palace etc can survive with capacities below what we have currently. 
  • Options
    Is this a late April Fools  ? 
  • Options
    Is this a late April Fools  ? 
    No.
  • Options
    doronron said:
    I think both our neighbours at Selhurst and Bermondsey are both having there grounds made bigger and re_vamped 
    Millwall cannot fill the New Den, why expand?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    doronron said:
    There’s a surplus of spanners being released from her majesties pleasure very soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    doronron said:
    They can when we're there.
  • Options
    Millwall aren't expanding, the massive arguments are about the property developments around the ground in "trendy" Bermondsey...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    *were
    Honestly. Why do some people feel the need to mock people for their spelling etc?
  • Options
    £77m
    You beat me to it.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    doronron said:
    Any club that ever wants to be a true-PL club had better be averaging at least 30,000 per match or they are eventually doomed. How Bournemouth has stayed up with 11,000 is a miracle. It's about thinking long-term. If we are happy being at best a yo-yo club someday or just a Championship club, we don't need to change anything.
  • Options
    *were
    Honestly. Why do some people feel the need to mock people for their spelling etc?
    Why do you presume they are being mocked.....if someone pointed a spelling mistake out to me, I’d be perfectly happy to be corrected. You are never too old to learn.
  • Options
    *were

Nope.  That one's ok UTV...  carry on.
  • Options
    The amount of additional potential matchday income would be immaterial compared to the huge TV money now available in the Premier League.  Hard to see why it would be worth it unless we were well established and confident of filling those seats for every game, and even then the payback period would be quite long.
    @NapaAddick there's your answer why Bournemouth survive each year. Comfortably too I'll add. 
  • Options
    We cannot afford cleaners or even to keep the lights on so sod worrying about how much it would cost to increase The Valley
  • Options
    Sounds more and more like we won't be at The Valley in 10 years.