Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Raheem Sterling what a ............

Looking for  a Daily Fail headline - Sterling denies school children their education and traffics them to Manchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47811334

Comments

• I really do appreciate these humbling stories, when they come out, but does anyone else think to themselves that they'd be doing exactly that and a whole lot more, given the opportunity to earn over £200k A WEEK.

In saying that, well done RS
  • I don’t see why this bloke constantly seems to attract so many headlines, good or bad.

He’s no better or worse than many other footballers.
  • Off_it said:
    I don’t see why this bloke constantly seems to attract so many headlines, good or bad.

He’s no better or worse than many other footballers.
    The bad headlines I'd agree with - The good headlines are coming out because of the hypocrasy of the media.

The way they're acting you have to wonder who on earth wrote the original articles damning him
  • I think the bad feeling stems from him and his agent wanting silly amounts of wages when he was only about 18 years old 
  • I think the bad feeling stems from him and his agent wanting silly amounts of wages when he was only about 18 years old 
    Wouldn't you if you had that talent? (I'm not saying you haven't Rob!!).
    Yet he's backed it up long-term.
  • no denying hes world class now - but at the euros in 2016 i think many would not of been that fussed if he never donned a england shirt again of course a lot of that teams failure was to that mess of a manager who currently resides at shithurst park
    Adjusted that for you to reflect the correct balance of blame there.
  • Sponsored links:

• I never said it was warranted chaps, just that that's where I think it stems from
  • I really do appreciate these humbling stories, when they come out, but does anyone else think to themselves that they'd be doing exactly that and a whole lot more, given the opportunity to earn over £200k A WEEK.

In saying that, well done RS
    I'd love to say yes, but absolutely not.

I'd go into detail but I just lost that post and can't be bothered to re-type it as it's not in the drafts.... 
    Leaving Sterling aside, you don't think players are as much to blame for high wage demands as their agents then?
  • se9addick said:
    I think the bad feeling stems from him and his agent wanting silly amounts of wages when he was only about 18 years old 
    Why should anyone be “blamed” for trying to earn as much money as possible? 
    I don't believe that I did. I blame the football authorities for allowing young kids often from very modest backgrounds to be manipulated by greedy twats. 
  • I'm suprised the media haven't tried to claim that the 500 kids are all his by 400 different women and that he never sees them!
  • Is he a mason?
  • I'm waiting till I read about him in the Guardian before I believe it--------could be awhile
  • I'm waiting till I read about him in the Guardian before I believe it--------could be awhile
    So unlike you to pop up on threads regarding race and make ominous comments...

Only been doing it for 15+ years

Never gets old does it
  • se9addick said:
    I think the bad feeling stems from him and his agent wanting silly amounts of wages when he was only about 18 years old 
    Why should anyone be “blamed” for trying to earn as much money as possible? 
    I hope you weren’t one of those that booed Scot Parker?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    I'm waiting till I read about him in the Guardian before I believe it--------could be awhile

Never gets old does it
    Regarding race? Obviously I've missed something.......
  • Chunes said:
    I'm waiting till I read about him in the Guardian before I believe it--------could be awhile

Never gets old does it
    If comments about Raheem Sterling's representation in the media have you asking that question, I'd say you've missed more than something
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Never gets old does it
    If comments about Raheem Sterling's representation in the media have you asking that question, I'd say you've missed more than something
    I can't say as I read anything about the Prem, but I just thought the story / thread was about a footballer paying for pupils from his old school to go football. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Never gets old does it
    I can't say as I read anything about the Prem, but I just thought the story / thread was about a footballer paying for pupils from his old school to go football. 
    So, honestly, you have no awareness of the Sterling and the media issue? 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Never gets old does it
    No, I honestly don't
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Never gets old does it
    No, I honestly don't
    Recently two stories were run on footballers buying things for family. Both played for the same club. One story was about a white player and the other a black player. One was positive and the other negative.

Leaving Sterling aside, you don't think players are as much to blame for high wage demands as their agents then?
    Correct. I don't.