Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Alex MacAllister plays for Argentina 
  • Options
    Except the ones playing for Ireland  who are usually English.
    Are they?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    We did the double over Millwall more recently than they did the double over us. Millwall haven’t taken 6 points from us in a season since 92/93
    That post didn’t age well 
    Fair play 
    Closest I’ll come to a piss take on here tonight 😉. 

Not the time or place.  
    Better team today mate. First time we have played a team since the restart that really wanted to beat us. We have flattered to deceive. 
    I thought first half we dominated. Second half was a more even affair. Heads dropped when we scored though, and you never looked like getting back in to it after that. 
    I still think you’ll be alright. Those last three results are going to prove priceless for you. 
    That post didn’t age well either, did it?
  • Options
    Except the ones playing for Ireland  who are usually English.
    Cracking line from the offensive podcast a few weeks back.
    After signing a new player that the captain hadn’t heard of, someone said “he’s an Irish international”
    Captain replied, yeah but is he proper Irish or just shit English?
    When he started singing that cracked me up.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    A player that scored a league goal against Charlton last season is eligible to play for England U21s until 2027 🤯🤯
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A player that scored a league goal against Charlton last season is eligible to play for England U21s until 2017 🤯🤯
    Guess you mean 2027... Jude Bellingham?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A player that scored a league goal against Charlton last season is eligible to play for England U21s until 2017 🤯🤯
    Guess you mean 2027... Jude Bellingham?
    I did and your right 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wycombe vs Rotherham at the weekend.
    The ball was in play for less than 36 minutes.
  • Options
    Football fact:

Football loyalty by players is a myth:

Both Rooney and Gerrard were given massive pay rises to stay put.

Aubamayang will be on 250k a week for 3 years at the Arsenal ! Not bad for a guy who is now 32 ! 

Matt Le Tissier, may have been an exception and the Guernsey born player was the most naturally gifted footballer I have seen on the ball who have played for England (Paul Gascoigne was the main rival for that title)

Matthew was loyal to Southampton where he played for 16 years but his work rate and stamina was problematical, he had no pace and knew that he wouldn't be given a free reign at any of the top clubs. Only 8 caps for England proves that unless you build a team around him, Matt wasn't going to chase back. 
  • Options
    Football fact:

Football loyalty by players is a myth:

Both Rooney and Gerrard were given massive pay rises to stay put.

Aubamayang will be on 250k a week for 3 years at the Arsenal ! Not bad for a guy who is now 32 ! 

Matt Le Tissier, may have been an exception and the Guernsey born player was the most naturally gifted footballer I have seen on the ball who have played for England (Paul Gascoigne was the main rival for that title)

Matthew was loyal to Southampton where he played for 16 years but his work rate and stamina was problematical, he had no pace and knew that he wouldn't be given a free reign at any of the top clubs. Only 8 caps for England proves that unless you build a team around him, Matt wasn't going to chase back. 
    He wouldn’t chase back under any circumstances.
  • Options
    Adama Traore has been called up to two different national team's squads for this international break.
  • Options
    Despite playing 21 times for France,  Anthony Martial has still only managed 1 senior goal for the national team which was in a friendly against Italy on the 1st September 2016
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A player that scored a league goal against Charlton last season is eligible to play for England U21s until 2027 🤯🤯
    How does this work? In 2027 Bellingham will be 24.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How does this work? In 2027 Bellingham will be 24.
    It's just the way it works, it's about being eligible for the tournaments.  James Milner played for the U21s when he was 24.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clubs with a 100% win record in league games from the 115 clubs in England's top five divisions in 2020-21:

Aston Villa.
  • Options
    Courtesy of CharltonMadrid

until last night the last time Barcelona and Real Madrid both lost in the same set of league fixtures was in 2000 !!

Just Googled this and it seems it happened a couple of years ago, although it was midweek so perhaps the stat applies to a weekend set of fixtures. Either way having set it as a teaser in a WhatsApp group I've now been mugged right off !
  • Options
    Courtesy of @CAFCFan1990...

Petr Cech is retired and works behind the scenes for Chelsea, has been named their fourth choice 'keeper

He's younger than Caballero who is still playing!!
  • Options
    We could win the League scoring less than 20 goals for the rest of this season!
  • Options
    Courtesy of @CAFCFan1990...

Petr Cech is retired and works behind the scenes for Chelsea, has been named their fourth choice 'keeper

He's younger than Caballero who is still playing!!
    Probably better than Kepa.
  • Options
    Tuesday's game at Blackpool was the first time Charlton have ever had 3 different Bens booked in the same match.

(To be honest I haven't a clue if that is true but hopefully no-one else will know either!)
  • Options
    Mouthall is still a free man.
  • Options
    Patrick Bamford has a premier league hat trick 
  • Options
    Kevin Lisbie has a premier league hat trick