Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What’s Going On At Spurs?

Too be honest , I hadn’t really paid attention to Spur’s form, but looking at the form table on the BBC sport app, they are up there with Fulham, I think they’ve lost 4 out their last 5, Fulham have lost the last 5.

I think Poch has been a brilliant manager for Spurs, and hope Levy doesn’t give him the boot if they were to mess it up and miss out on the top 4, that would be nuts.

No new signings this season ( I get it, Levy wants to pay for the new ground) playing at Wembley for what is it nearly 2 seasons, it all seems to be going wrong at the wrong time.

Im not trying to knock Spurs, I like the way they play, just interested on why people think it’s going pear shaped, and whether they can turn it around and finish in the top 4?

Comments

• Poch is safe. That’s not remotely an issue for them.

They battered Burnley and Southampton but missed chances and then got stung. They should’ve got at least a point against Liverpool but made a classic Spurs mistake. On paper it looks bad but my guess is they’ll win 5 of the last 7 and be just fine. 
  • 4 of their last 5 have been away and they lost them all.
    Burnley, Chelsea, Soton & Liverpool.
    They drew at home to Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/scores-fixtures/2019-03
  • Luck going slightly against them, lack of squad depth, the distraction of the CL...
  • Luck going slightly against them, lack of squad depth, the distraction of the CL...
    Yes, lots of distractions at the moment, Champions League of course as you said. I also think all of this about their new stadium hasn’t helped. The players will naturally all want to be involved tomorrow night so it would have been on their mind.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them smash Palace tomorrow night and go on a little run to finish top 4.

Fully expect them to make a few decent signings this summer too. 
  • They’ve just put their remaining games up on Sky.

7 games left, 5 at home , 2 away

Palace - Home
    Huddersfield - Home
    Man City - Away
    Brighton - Home
    West Ham - Home
    Bournemouth - Away
    Everton - Home

Not a bad run in

Arsenal - 7 games left , 2 at home - 5 away

Everton - Away
    Watford - Away
    Palace - Home
    Wolves - Away 
    Leicester - Away
    Brighton - Home
    Burnley - Away

Can’t see Arsenal staying in the top 4

Man United - 6 games left, 4 at home, 2 away

West Ham - Home
    Everton - Away
    Man City - Home 
    Chelsea - Home
    Huddersfield - Away
    Cardiff - Home

Chelsea - 7 games left , 4 games at home , 3 games away.

Brighton - Home
    West Ham - Home
    Liverpool - Away
    Burnley - Home
    Man Utd - Away
    Watford - Home
    Leicester - Away
  • My predictions would be...

Tottenham:

Palace - Home - Win
    Huddersfield - Home - Win
    Man City - Away - Lose
    Brighton - Home - Win
    West Ham - Home - Win
    Bournemouth - Away - Win
    Everton - Home - Win

18 points & 3rd place.

Arsenal:

Everton - Away - Lose
    Watford - Away - Win
    Palace - Home - Win
    Wolves - Away - Lose
    Leicester - Away - Draw
    Brighton - Home Win
    Burnley - Away - Win

13 points & 4th place on GD.

Man United:

West Ham - Home - Win
    Everton - Away - Win
    Man City - Home - Lose
    Chelsea - Home - Win
    Huddersfield - Away - Win
    Cardiff - Home - Win

15 points & 5th place on GD.

Chelsea:

Brighton - Home - Win
    West Ham - Home - Draw
    Liverpool - Away - Lose
    Burnley - Home - Win
    Man Utd - Away - Lose
    Watford - Home - Win
    Leicester - Away - Draw

11 points & 6th place.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Poch is safe. That’s not remotely an issue for them.

They battered Burnley and Southampton but missed chances and then got stung. They should’ve got at least a point against Liverpool but made a classic Spurs mistake. On paper it looks bad but my guess is they’ll win 5 of the last 7 and be just fine. 
    Curbs 16/1
  • They've closed their shop in Southend High Street (Bizarre place, if ever there was one). I see it as an omen. 
  • Too be honest , I hadn’t really paid attention to Spur’s form, but looking at the form table on the BBC sport app, they are up there with Fulham, I think they’ve lost 4 out their last 5, Fulham have lost the last 5.

I think Poch has been a brilliant manager for Spurs, and hope Levy doesn’t give him the boot if they were to mess it up and miss out on the top 4, that would be nuts.

No new signings this season ( I get it, Levy wants to pay for the new ground) playing at Wembley for what is it nearly 2 seasons, it all seems to be going wrong at the wrong time.

Im not trying to knock Spurs, I like the way they play, just interested on why people think it’s going pear shaped, and whether they can turn it around and finish in the top 4?
    I think they've just been unlucky. As Jimmy says they should've won against Burnley and Southampton, and possibly would've won at Liverpool were it not for Sissoko and Lloris.

They also won home and away to Dortmund in that time, so it's not like they're playing badly. 

They have a decent run in, but it all depends on how quickly they adjust to the new stadium. 
  • getting battered 3 times by city in the next month may knock their confidence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So long as they win tonight, I don't care.
  • Spurs to finish 4th, and Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League, just for the lols
  • Rothko said:
    Spurs to finish 4th, and Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League, just for the lols
    I think they still qualify or will they miss out if that happens and Arsenal or Chelsea win it and finish out the top 4
  • Rothko said:
    Spurs to finish 4th, and Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League, just for the lols
    What would be funny?

From the start of this season rules changes so that the top four automatically enter at the group stage meaning that if one of Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League, there will be 5 teams in the Champions League, only if the winner of the Europa League were to not finish in the top 4.
  • Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    What would be funny?

From the start of this season rules changes so that the top four automatically enter at the group stage meaning that if one of Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League, there will be 5 teams in the Champions League, only if the winner of the Europa League were to not finish in the top 4.
    Ok , so need them out of the top 4
  • Sage said:
    Rothko said:
    What would be funny?

Ok , so need them out of the top 4
    Well, that’s if you don’t like Spurs I guess, or if you like Man United, Arsenal, and Chelsea more!

Personally, I like Spurs, mainly because some of my family supports them and I’ve been to the old White Hart Lane a few times.
  • Eriksen not playing well, Kane was out injured for a bit. They're also massively overrated and not as good as everyone thinks they are. 
  • edited April 2019
    Bit of bad luck but a small squad is bound to tire towards the end of the season especially when playing Champions League football and if your performance drops by 5% in the Premier League and luck is not on your side then you will have a problem.  

They also had a tough 5 games with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool games.  You would expect them to beat Burnley and Soton but they were both scrapping against relegation and Soton have better form of late too
  • Sponsored links:

• would take Spurs finishing in the top 4 ahead of Arsenal every day of the week....
    100%
  • Face bovvered.
  • edited April 2019
    out of the prem big 6 easily my favourites, mainly because they haven't spent loads and have a few england boys in the team. 

they need to get shot of loris motd2 the other night jenas was spot on this fella should be in his prime he is 32 and still makes so many mistakes. 

they were unlucky to come away from anfield with nothing and as others say the games they have lost it was not for lack of opportunity. 

if they don't start spending a lot of the players will be off. 
  • It's March - they are "Spurs'ing it up"

Arsenal actually have a verb for this now because it happens every year at this time

• Eriksen not playing well, Kane was out injured for a bit. They're also massively overrated and not as good as everyone thinks they are. 
    They didnt lose a league game whilst Kane was out.

When Kane was injured:

7 games
    5 wins
    2 defeats
    The defeats were League Cup and FA Cup

Since Kane returned:
    6 games
    1 win
    1 draw
    4 defeats

The 1 win was Champions League
  • edited April 2019
    i think also what shows how far they have come the woolwhich boys now see finishing above spurs as some sort of achievement, issue with arsenal fans my age ( 28 ) is that they have gone backwards, claim not to care about spurs - then celebrate finishing above them. 

when you actually look at the "big 6" in previous transfer windows have spent; ( 18/19, 17/18, 16/17 )

City           384 million                           
    Liverpool   115 million 
    Spurs       44 million             
    Arsenal     156 million
    United      307 million
    Chelsea     210 million 
  • i think also what shows how far they have come the woolwhich boys now see finishing above spurs as some sort of achievement, issue with arsenal fans my age ( 28 ) is that they have gone backwards, claim not to care about spurs - then celebrate finishing above them. 

when you actually look at the "big 6" in previous transfer windows have spent; ( 18/19, 17/18, 16/17 )

Liverpool   115 million 
    Spurs       44 million             
    Arsenal     156 million
    United      307 million
    Chelsea     210 million 
    There's clubs in the Championship who have spent more than Spurs...
  • edited April 2019
    Are you sure those figures are correct? Or are you talking net spend? Liverpool bought VVD, Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri in the last year and that’s totals over £200m
  • i think also what shows how far they have come the woolwhich boys now see finishing above spurs as some sort of achievement, issue with arsenal fans my age ( 28 ) is that they have gone backwards, claim not to care about spurs - then celebrate finishing above them. 

Liverpool   115 million 
    Spurs       44 million             
    Arsenal     156 million
    United      307 million
    Chelsea     210 million 
    To be fair, Spurs have just spent £1.2 Billion on a new stadium