Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That ref in the u21 disgrace !!!!

Allowing the Dutch goalkeeper to come off his line before the spot kicker kicks the ball. UEFA should sort this ref out.

Comments

• He was nearer the 6 yard line than the bloody goal line.

Homer end of
  • Don't know if Carson was saying anything, but he would have seen what was going on and could have perhaps put the ref under a bit of pressure to stop the keeper moving forward so much.
  • does anyone know who was in the right regarding the Taylor penalty issue???
  • Once England plays by the rules and losses.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]does anyone know who was in the right regarding the Taylor penalty issue???

The Dutch.

If Pearce had taken him off one min before the end of extra time it would have been fine, he didn't.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]does anyone know who was in the right regarding the Taylor penalty issue???

The Dutch.

If Pearce had taken him off one min before the end of extra time it would have been fine, he didn't.

cheers Stu, i thought so. gutter for England but best shootout i've seen since the play-off's!
  • cracking entertainment though.

'We' may of lost on penalties yet again, but you compare the way Pearce spoke to the players at extra time and after the match, and compare that to Ericsson.

I know what approach i prefer.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]cracking entertainment though.

'We' may of lost on penalties yet again, but you compare the way Pearce spoke to the players at extra time and after the match, and compare that to Ericsson.

I know what approach i prefer.

he looked every bit the psycho out there but then was calm when he needed to be. some real talent on show tonight and i wouldn't mind us picking up one or two of them dutch boys, although this is very unlikely!
  • edited June 2007
    Pearce has certainly got the passion. Shame he hasn't got any tactical nous. It was an appalling decision to make a third substitution five mins before end of full-time, taking off Lita and bringing on Anton Ferdinand. There was always a strong possibility the Dutch might equalise, leaving us to go into extra-time with no forward line (Derbyshire is OK in a number 10 position, but not as lone striker). Then it got even worse once Taylor got injured and we had no subs left.

A brave performance and it nearly paid off for them, but an international manager should show more foresight than that.
  • Didn't see the game but heard Pearce on the radio afterwards.

They had all the players praticing their penalties and the coaching team made a list of the whole 22 in order of who would take a penalty.

When it came to it there was no "who fancies it?" It was "your taking No.1, you're taking No.8, etc, etc.

On the injured player same thing happened at Bromley play-off final. ET and bobby bowry was limping around. Charlton fan Gary who also follows Bromley and is a ref told Mark Goldberg what the rule was and Bowry was subbed off wth 30 seconds to go. Bromley won the shoot out in 5 anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]does anyone know who was in the right regarding the Taylor penalty issue???

The Dutch without a doubt. The referee was clueless