Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Logo for Bristol City

Really like this new identity for Bristol City. Reminiscent of our very own logo which goes to show how ahead of its time ours was. https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/1-7-april-2019/bristol-city-fc-new-robin-crest/

Comments

• It’s neat enough but far too much like our badge. I think most people with a real interest in it will feel it’s just a Charlton rip off.
  • <Link to various pictures of Cleo Rocos>
  • Definitely an improvement on their current logo which is pretty nondescript really

• I like it.  A bit generic but the old one was a bit busy yet boring.
  • In fairness, along with us and Swindon they have also been associated with the robin. Historic Bristol City badges:

• No way, as @ShootersHillGuru has said, it’s far too much like ours and I don’t like that. It’s even the same colours used, where is their yellow or any other colour?

We also have a nickname of the red robins, it may not be our proper nickname, but it’s still apart of our identity. This is similar to us and I don’t like that.

Where is their originality?
  • Cheltenham as well also called The Robins and have a stylised robin in their logo

• rananegra said:
    Cheltenham as well also called The Robins and have a stylised robin in their logo

Yes, both have gone for abstract looking birds, rather than the more lifelike ones in the earlier Bristol logo

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Can’t see a new crest now without thinking of this...

• I doubt our badge or history of Robin-related designs even registered with them. They’re older than us, have been wearing red and white longer than us, adopted a robin in the 40s like us (but we didn’t have it for long). 

Putting it in a red circle is a bit too close to us, but seeing as we’ve got an entirely original nickname and abandoned ‘the robins’ years ago, while they share that one with Swindon, I wouldn’t be too bothered!  
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I doubt our badge or history of Robin-related designs even registered with them. They’re older than us, have been wearing red and white longer than us, adopted a robin in the 40s like us (but we didn’t have it for long). 

Putting it in a red circle is a bit too close to us, but seeing as we’ve got an entirely original nickname and abandoned ‘the robins’ years ago, while they share that one with Swindon, I wouldn’t be too bothered!  
    Does anyone else in the 92 have a nickname that’s not really a word?
  • I would have thought that if the wanted a bird as a logo it would be some sort of tit
  • Sage said:
    No way, as @ShootersHillGuru has said, it’s far too much like ours and I don’t like that. It’s even the same colours used, where is their yellow or any other colour?

We also have a nickname of the red robins, it may not be our proper nickname, but it’s still apart of our identity. This is similar to us and I don’t like that.

Where is their originality?
    It is their actual nickname though.
  • Same designer as Brentford’s recent change surely?

• se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I doubt our badge or history of Robin-related designs even registered with them. They’re older than us, have been wearing red and white longer than us, adopted a robin in the 40s like us (but we didn’t have it for long). 

No, we are unique
  • Liverpool are known as robin bastards. 
    No robin on their badge though 
    Just a car with three wheels.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Wigan Athletic?
  • Spireites
  • Discounting any obvious Reds, Blues and Uniteds, are Crewe and Swindon the only teams in the league to have shared two nicknames? Both have been known as The Robins and The Railwaymen. 

• WBA have three
  • Lots of clubs going back to round badges, Manchester City did it last summer as well.

This is still my favourite Charlton badge, modernise it, and would prefer it to the current badge (kill the heretic!) 

• Birds do seem to be a common part of football logos

Robins
    Bluebird
    Seagull
    Throstle
    Eagle
    Owl
    Cockerel
    Canary

• edited April 2019
    I think that rather than a robin, they should have a thrush, in solidarity with the women of Bristol. 
  • Birds do seem to be a common part of football logos

Robins
    Bluebird
    Seagull
    Throstle
    Eagle
    Owl
    Cockerel
    Canary

+Bradford City .. The Bantams