Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet FC in trouble like Bolton.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    I am here still top Kent non league club... Sad to see the others fall by the wayside this week. 
    Hmmmmm think you will find that Welling is in London
    Thought they had a DA postcode?
    That's down to the Post Office - what matters is the Government / Councils

Up until 18 something or other Charlton was in Kent, but I doubt any on here would say anything other than it is in London

If course, it may well end up that London swallows up Dartford, Swanley even Gravesend eventually - London has been doing this for a v long time - will it ever stop expanding
    Say what you want, unless it's got a traditional London postcode (SE,SW, NW etc) then it ain't London.
    Post codes don't come into it - check it out here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Government_Act_1963
  • Options
    you can use facts and arguments but we all know Welling will never be London  

next you'll be saying Bromley is a London club 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I am here still top Kent non league club... Sad to see the others fall by the wayside this week. 
    Hmmmmm think you will find that Welling is in London
    Thought they had a DA postcode?
    That's down to the Post Office - what matters is the Government / Councils

Up until 18 something or other Charlton was in Kent, but I doubt any on here would say anything other than it is in London

If course, it may well end up that London swallows up Dartford, Swanley even Gravesend eventually - London has been doing this for a v long time - will it ever stop expanding
    Say what you want, unless it's got a traditional London postcode (SE,SW, NW etc) then it ain't London.
    London boundaries have constantly changed over the centuries. The postcode system has nothing to do with London boundaries. 
  • Options
    you can use facts and arguments but we all know Welling will never be London  

next you'll be saying Bromley is a London club 
    Well errrr yes they are because they play in the Lobdon Borough of Bromley
  • Options
    Dave is a good one, all the best going forward.
  • Options
    Hopefully the ship is sinking.
  • Options
    And will re surface.... As you know.. Keep knocking em
  • Options
    Proper bloke Hartley.. 
  • Options
    I know they’ve had a lot of money thrown at them but don’t get the ill feeling they seem to attract. 

Wouldn’t like to see any club struggle financially (maybe Palace and Millwall) especially a local non-league club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know they’ve had a lot of money thrown at them but don’t get the ill feeling they seem to attract. 

Wouldn’t like to see any club struggle financially (maybe Palace and Millwall) especially a local non-league club.
     Cos their arseholes. 
  • Options
    I've felt for a while now that the club is in serious trouble.  Dave leaving strengthens that view. The owner seems to have lost interest & without his money the club won't survive. 

Really hope I'm wrong though 
  • Options
    I've felt for a while now that the club is in serious trouble.  Dave leaving strengthens that view. The owner seems to have lost interest & without his money the club won't survive. 

Really hope I'm wrong though 
    Hope not.. You mean we could be a Dartford or a welling. 
  • Options
    Is the Charlton feel still down there?

• Options

I wouldn't want to see them in financial turmoil, though happy enough to see them relegated

You say Palace or Millwall, but to Dartford and Welling, Ebsfleet ARE their Palace or Millwall
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Is the Charlton feel still down there?

I go about twice a season and the Charlton connection has gradually declined. Still a few faces that left Charlton under the RD years to be seen but fewer and fewer.

Dave going will reduce the “feel” significantly imho.
  • Options

I wouldn't want to see them in financial turmoil, though happy enough to see them relegated

You say Palace or Millwall, but to Dartford and Welling, Ebsfleet ARE their Palace or Millwall
    Weird that as I don't know any Ebbsfleet fan that has the opposing view... Gets a bit boring to be honest... But hey ho... Whatever floats your boat. 
  • Options

Weird that as I don't know any Ebbsfleet fan that has the opposing view... Gets a bit boring to be honest... But hey ho... Whatever floats your boat. 
    Probably down to their rich owner and all the talk of rising up and becoming a force etc

I imagine the likes of Salford and Fylde became unpopular in non league circles when seen to be splashing the cash
  • Options

Probably down to their rich owner and all the talk of rising up and becoming a force etc

I imagine the likes of Salford and Fylde became unpopular in non league circles when seen to be splashing the cash
    It's not doing Fylde much good at the moment.

• Options
    Indeed jolly green giant.. Gets monotonous... No doubt a few years back there were a few north Kent torquay fans at Wembley too....