Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Surely this is an April fools - I don’t think he is that great, anyone else different opinion?
    Nope, he hasn’t show enough to deserve a new deal, regardless of which division we’re in. Let’s hope he can inprove his performances in the remaining games!
  • Options
    absolutely quality football player, way above league one, just needs to translate it into performances. I can see him becoming a frustrating player to watch in that respect.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Provided he doesn't want a silly salary he is worth keeping.

I haven't seen enough of him to think he is going to set the world on fire yet but  there have been sparks which look promising

Remember this is probably as long a stint of regular first team games as he's had for a number of years - he needs a proper pre season.  Whether he can stay fit enough for this to materialise is another story
    Agreed. With a decent pre season behind him, he'd be worth keeping although i suspect if we're still in league one, he'll get better offers elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    absolutely quality football player, way above league one, just needs to translate it into performances. I can see him becoming a frustrating player to watch in that respect.
    If he's not performing at league one level, how is he way above it? 

Above average, for sure, think he'd struggle in the champ.
  • Options
    If he's not performing at league one level, how is he way above it? 

Above average, for sure, think he'd struggle in the champ.
    his ball control etc is far better than anyone we've got or anyone else in league one, he's just a, on another wavelength to other players, b, not match fit and c, lacking in a lot of confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we haven't signed Bowyer and JJ on perm deals then I couldn't really care a less about players contracts at this stage. 
  • Options
    Very good player, but never looks like scoring, and rarely assists goals. Would def keep him though.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Very good player, but never looks like scoring, and rarely assists goals. Would def keep him though.
    Why?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Nicholas said:
    Why?
    You could use his head as a mirror when you're shaving.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Nicholas said:
    Why?
    Because with a bit of coaching he can add this to his game, especially in league 1. I think Bowyer needs to tell him to lay the ball off earlier sometimes rather than tying to do too much himself.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    He's spent his entire career in a higher division than we're currently in plus has a few caps for Wales. If some people think he's not good enough for league one, then they're in for a huge shock when they see who'll be turning out for us WHEN we're still in this division next season.
    There's the realistic word.

:sweat_smile:

• Options
    He's very likeable and technically a really good player. Whenever he gets the ball it feels like he can make something happen, yet sadly, it never arrives.

Hopefully that changes for when it really matters and we can all be playing at a higher level next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Technically very decent, as shown with some of the passes and touches he makes. 

Tactically, he slots into our side far less brilliantly. With a full pre season he should be able to overcome that. 
  • Options
    I think he’s more suited to playing in the championship and above, he tends to do things that you don’t get away with in league one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Bit of a 'Ben Reeves' for me in that the hype led us to believe we were getting a league 1 Messi equivalent yet the end product has been largely conspicuous by its absence.
    Agree with this. The media absolutely loves him. 

Weirdly my first look at him was 2 weeks before he signed for us in this e-toro ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dntfk6gor8

Hardly looks the player the media and many other sources made him out to be.
  • Options
    He has the ability and adds something different to us we didn’t have before.

Goals/assists have been too sparse so far but with the ability he has shown I feel that will change and think it would be very different if he had someone with speed (like Grant) in front of him.

I would definitely be in favour of keeping him whichever division we were in.
    What does he add that we didn’t have before?
  • Options
    Good footballer, but Fosu came on and created more in 10 minutes than Williams had done in the pervious 80.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:8
    He has the ability and adds something different to us we didn’t have before.

Goals/assists have been too sparse so far but with the ability he has shown I feel that will change and think it would be very different if he had someone with speed (like Grant) in front of him.

I would definitely be in favour of keeping him whichever division we were in.
    What does he add that we didn’t have before?
    An awesome beard?
  • Options
    He's spent his entire career in a higher division than we're currently in plus has a few caps for Wales. If some people think he's not good enough for league one, then they're in for a huge shock when they see who'll be turning out for us if we're still in this division next season.
    3 goals in 129 games, including 5 loans would suggest he's probably not good enough for the champ.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not good enough for League One, just that he's not the best midfielder in the league, Imo, he's not even the best midfielder at Charlton.
  • Options
    A good footballer, but the fact he doesn't offer any goal threat is a massive hindrance. An attacking midfielder needs to be contributing 10+ goals a season! Obviously he signed in Jan so a return of 4/5 by the end of the season would be decent, but he hasn't even got a total of that in his career yet!
  • Options
    Been slightly disappointed with him. He started really well in his first few games bit since then has been slightly anonymous

Yes, I'd like to keep him as there's clearly a decent player there, if nothing else his recent performances won't exactly have had Championship clubs queuing up to sign him
  • Options
    Cullen and Beilic are on loan and probably wont be here if we dont go up,Aribo may well not be here,we are not exactly in a position to turn him away if he wants to stay.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!