Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Norman Barker

Better known to everyone at Charlton as Headphones Norm

This week's Pride of the Valley.

Comments

• Options
    lovely man and REAL Charlton .. he knows his stuff and doesn't make a big song and dance about it
  • Options
    top guy. Norm and Seb are the 2 people I always look out for home or away, it somehow feels wrong if I've not seen them both
  • Options
    I first bumped into him during our Selhurst Park days on  the bus coming home. Top bloke. Always has a smile on his face. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Look like Richard Pryor in that pic....😉
  • Options
    Known him since the 80s. Superb choice. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t feel right if you’re at a dull northern outpost , with a dismal Charlton away following , if you haven’t seen headphones Norm and given each other a nod and smile 
  • Options
    Where his ushanka?

• Options
    Known Norman all my life - from the same Estate. A true Gentleman and a Charlton Fan through and through. 
  • Options
    Norm has done the hard yards. Good to see him recognised for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never met the gentleman but always remember seeing him when travelling away with my children 100s of years ago. Congratulations to him, well deserved.
  • Options
    Congrats and despite being one of the younger ones on here instantly recognise him. 

But a starting eleven without Cullen or Bielik, not sure he does know his stuff!
  • Options
    It wouldn’t be Charlton without him. 
  • Options
    I never knew Norms surname, but always knew him as headphones Norm.

This fella has been at away matches for as long as I can remember, and it almost wouldn’t feel right or normal if he wasn’t at a game.

They say never meet your heroes, well, I got on a train recently and Norm was on it, I was so awestruck I didn’t know what to say to the fella, so Norm I apologise, your sir are a true charlton legend, with great style in headphones!
  • Options
    Always look out for Norm on a northern away trip though he wouldn't know me if I walked into him.

Lovely write up. The only thing puzzling me is that I think our ending of Huddersfield's unbeaten run was a tad more than two years ago. Would love to do the same to Luton,  though.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Known Norman all my life - from the same Estate. A true Gentleman and a Charlton Fan through and through. 
    Do you know what school Norm went to? because us from Sherrington were bunking in in those years he mentions.
  • Options
    Thoroughly deserved. His dedication is superb 
  • Options
    Nice one Norm!  Well deserved - Proper Charlton!
  • Options
    Well deserved. The big question though, what is he listening to?
  • Options
    Great read. Nice one Norm!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if only he had 'Brewsters Millions' to purchase the club...
  • Options
    Well deserved. The big question though, what is he listening to?
    Brian Cole asked him on Saturday

Apparently he likes to try and find out information about the opposition that we're playing that day etc.
  • Options
    Well deserved award, Norm .
  • Options
    Very well deserved. A true gent of a man but I do prefer the fury hat :smiley:
  • Options
    Do you know what school Norm went to? because us from Sherrington were bunking in in those years he mentions.
    He is 2 years older than me - not sure what secondary (not mine Woolwich Poly) but maybe Woodhill primary (we all went there!)
  • Options

Cyril Davies on this site went to school with him ………..He should know.

Got a good photo of Norman and myself on way to quarter final at Old Trafford hanging up on my wall at home...….catch you up sometime Norm.....well done sir.....

Never let Norman have plane tickets we almost missed flight to Rome,

• Options

Got a good photo of Norman and myself on way to quarter final at Old Trafford hanging up on my wall at home...….catch you up sometime Norm.....well done sir.....

Cyril Davies is female.
  • Options

Cyril Davies is female.
    Cyril had a sex change about 10 years sgo.
  • Options

Cyril Davies is female.

I know that and so does everyone else now.