Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More Roland Fuckwittery

had a fella in the cab today and got talking football. He’s a Southend supporter and his company has links (sponsor??). Seemed to know a lot of people in football. 
One of his best mates is Kevin Nugent and he told me of a game when he was our caretaker manager which we won 1-0, our goal coming in the first half. Allegedly he was told after the game that RD wanted to speak to him and he wasn’t happy. When he rang RD he said “it is not good enough. We should be beating teams like this!!!”  Apparently he’d only seen the 2nd half on a stream and thought we’d drawn the game 0-0 
another time he claims Katrien tried to tell him who to pick and he refused’ saying as long as he’s manager, he picks the team. 
Maybe bollocks but sounds all too probable

Comments

• I have heard the notion that Katrien wanted to pick the team before. Have no idea about the truth of it.
  • Could only be the Port Vale game? Won 2-0 both goals in the first half.
  • Not very surprising though is it? After all he demanded the EFL 'acquire' the club. Nothing will ever be more shocking than that...
    Until the next thing he does before he sells!! 
  • Not very surprising though is it? After all he demanded the EFL 'acquire' the club. Nothing will ever be more shocking than that...
    What's even more astonishing than proposing the EFL buys a club, is that Lieven De Truck told the Fans Forum that he was going back to the EFL with Roland's demand that they buy us after having been ridiculed by all and sundry and having received a very clear message from the EFL that they had no remit or interest. It's really not hard (for people who enquire and listen) to understand that the body which represents 72 clubs is designed to do just that and nothing else that would contradict that.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    had a fella in the cab today and got talking football. He’s a Southend supporter and his company has links (sponsor??). Seemed to know a lot of people in football. 
    One of his best mates is Kevin Nugent and he told me of a game when he was our caretaker manager which we won 1-0, our goal coming in the first half. Allegedly he was told after the game that RD wanted to speak to him and he wasn’t happy. When he rang RD he said “it is not good enough. We should be beating teams like this!!!”  Apparently he’d only seen the 2nd half on a stream and thought we’d drawn the game 0-0 
    another time he claims Katrien tried to tell him who to pick and he refused’ saying as long as he’s manager, he picks the team. 
    Maybe bollocks but sounds all too probable
    It does have Roland and his crazy regime written all over it!
    What's even more astonishing than proposing the EFL buys a club, is that Lieven De Truck told the Fans Forum that he was going back to the EFL with Roland's demand that they buy us after having been ridiculed by all and sundry and having received a very clear message from the EFL that they had no remit or interest. It's really not hard (for people who enquire and listen) to understand that the body which represents 72 clubs is designed to do just that and nothing else that would contradict that.
    Unbelievable. It's as if RD and we lived on different planets. 
  • And I fail to see how Roland can claim it is about buying a British club, given the protests he had whilst owning Standard Liege! 
  • seth plum said:
    I have heard the notion that Katrien wanted to pick the team before. Have no idea about the truth of it.
    Didn't she also want to make our home kit the white kit with the red sash that ended up being used for our second strip? The woman is a menace
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I have heard the notion that Katrien wanted to pick the team before. Have no idea about the truth of it.
    She couldn't pick her own nose

That's just it... he isn't going to sell. Time to wake up and smell the coffee methinks.
  • edited March 2019
    Roland and Katrien in being twats shocker!

I am sure a lot more will come out as soon as we rid ourselves of this pestilence!
  • Pringle said:
    Think I went to school with a Roland Fuckwittery. 

• addick05 said:
    Not very surprising though is it? After all he demanded the EFL 'acquire' the club. Nothing will ever be more shocking than that...

That's just it... he isn't going to sell. Time to wake up and smell the coffee methinks.
    Is smelling coffee going to help?
  • I'm more worried about him popping his clogs and the club being passed on to his wife and son :(
  • seth plum said:
    Her arms are too short.
  • seth plum said:
    Her arms are too short.
    Which rules out finding her own arse with both hands.
  • Sponsored links:

Perhaps RD is trying to provoke some admission of fault on the part of the EFL for not enforcing or retaining FFP rules as they then were, so that he can decide whether he's got enough of a case to sue them.  The justification for losing a lot of money in English football that he has now constructed for himself is clearly that it's the EFL's fault, not his.
  • He could have looked on this site were there was a thread which pretty much unanimously predicted not much would come of FFP.
  • seth plum said:
    Her arms are too short.
    Yeah but her nose isn't
  • Rudders22 said:
    seth plum said:
    Her arms are too short.
    Yeah but her nose isn't That's why her arms are too short.
  • Didn't know you were a cab driver @Taxi_Lad
    I just love learning something everyday. 
  • @i_b_b_o_r_g  @Solidgone

I'll let you boys into another little secret.....I’m also a Charlton fan 😳
  • I don't efen remember Kevin Nugent being a caretaker manager?
    You must have blinked....

I did ! 
    Undefeated, wasn’t he?