Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Addick90 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Apparently he didn't want play the first game of last season.
    Are we talking about Bauer here?
    Dijksteel I think
  • Options
    Dijksteel I think was injured in pre season, he had a virus that he lost loads of weight if I remember correctly? He never refused to play. 
  • Options
    Dijksteel I think was injured in pre season, he had a virus that he lost loads of weight if I remember correctly? He never refused to play. 
    Yes he had pneumonia
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
    There is no way on gods earth he would be getting 20k p/w at Rangers, not even sure morellos gets anything like that 
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4374845/rangers-joe-aribo-20k-a-week-deal/
    Mondays paper - things have changed since then.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    It has to be a good sign that Aribo is waiting until Friday to meet with LB. That’s the mindset of a player who might be willing to stay if he gets the right offer.

Yes I’m straw clutching. Can’t see us offering even half of the 20k p/w he’d be rumoured to get at Rangers.
    There is no way on gods earth he would be getting 20k p/w at Rangers, not even sure morellos gets anything like that 
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4374845/rangers-joe-aribo-20k-a-week-deal/
    Mondays paper - things have changed since then.
    Unless Rangers have got RD conducting their contract negotiations, I can't see why Rangers would've reduced a 20k p/w offer from Monday to Thursday.
  • Options
    I’m hoping (although it’s very unlikely) that we can bring in a goalkeeper, a left back, a right sided centre back, a defensive midfielder who can slot in at centre back if need be, a central midfielder, 2 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers. 

GK - Amos
    LB - Purrington
    RCB - Lockyer
    DM who can play centre back - Bielik
    CM - Cullen
    2 AMs - Williams, Oztumer
    2 STs - Nketiah, Eaves

Of course that’s very unlikely and would probably require a takeover but I think that’s the ideal situation but also somewhat realistic
  • Options
    I’m hoping (although it’s very unlikely) that we can bring in a goalkeeper, a left back, a right sided centre back, a defensive midfielder who can slot in at centre back if need be, a central midfielder, 2 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers. 

GK - Amos
    LB - Purrington
    RCB - Lockyer
    CM - Cullen
    2 STs - Nketiah, Eaves

Of course that’s very unlikely and would probably require a takeover but I think that’s the ideal situation but also somewhat realistic
    I think JFC will sign
  • Options
    Addick90 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Are we talking about Bauer here?
    Sorry thought i was on the Bauer thread
  • Options

GK - Amos
    LB - Purrington
    RCB - Lockyer
    CM - Cullen
    2 STs - Nketiah, Eaves

I think JFC will sign
    No way he'll get a gig anywhere else in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019

GK - Amos
    LB - Purrington
    RCB - Lockyer
    CM - Cullen
    2 STs - Nketiah, Eaves

I think JFC will sign
    That’s providing JFC signs. If he doesn’t I think we’ll 2 more centre mids instead of one. I’m pretty sure JFC has accepted a 1 year contract with an offer to extend if he plays over 50% of our games this season
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    Why would there be any doubt about Phillips 'cutting it' in the Championship? How is it any different for goalkeepers? Surely that's the one position where you can tell how good someone is no matter what league they're in
    I love Dillon, but anyone remember Sunderland's Wembley goal ?
    Any doubt ?
    That was a freak goal. He was absolutely outstanding all season, and watching highlights of the Premier League and The Championship, plenty of the keepers on display were making mistakes all over the shop. Happy to keep Dillon as number one myself, for long enough to see how he gets on at least. 
    I agree. A freak goal as Dillon said, due to lack of concentration in a big atmosphere.
    Leuth said ANY doubt.
    Yes even if it's 1% there must be a doubt the same as there must be a doubt with Amos, who bizarrely couldn't make Millwall's first team after being outstanding for us in L1.

I think there must be a doubt over many of our players who haven't played in The Championship.
    Pearce is a great captain but is he championship standard now ?

Sarr had superb run of games but then hit the buffers in his last two games which were the biggest of the season. Will the Nabster get away with his cruyff turn when last man and a Derby striker closing him down.

Will Solly still have the ability to hold off Champ wide men this time around?

Will Page still be fit by September ?
    Will Taylor get frustrated when no passes come his way for 30 minutes ?

Have Pratley's legs gone ?

Why did JFC leave Brighton when in Champ ? (Lack of game time)

A question mark about every single player including Lyle Taylor who at 29 has spent more time in the lower leagues and Scotland (same thing !)

That's why CL members stop saying underwhelmed and accept the status quo when we get players in. (or until the Aussies take over in 2020 and we bring players in from Perth glory fc.)

So big doubts about the whole squad as it stands, whether played in champ or not.

In Lee Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DA9 said:

A million a year ........ I bet Aribo feels like he's won the lottery.

Has Aribo seen Glasgow, makes Preston look like Hampstead, blah, blah, blah!!  :)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DA9 said:

A million a year ........ I bet Aribo feels like he's won the lottery.

No, it's just the average wage in The Championship and we did not offer it.

• Options
    There's probably at least seven or eight teams who are not paying a player 25k a week
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Redhenry said:
    What's the story, morning glory?

Interest from Blackburn and wanted to leave.
    OK. Thanks Red Henry.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    Slightly worrying that we had tried to get him to sign a new contract last season and that never happened

I agree - it's absolutely imperative that we persuade Dijksteel and Taylor to sign contract extensions before the start of the season. Once Anfernee demonstrates that he can cope in the Championship - which I'm convinced he will - other clubs will be all over him and his agent may well advise him to simply run his contract down.

You'd hope that Duchatelet might have learnt from what's happened with Aribo, although he's already told the world that he intends to run the club on a shoestring and isn't prepared to pay the market rate, so I don't expect him to modify his approach at all. Duchatelet's idiocy in withdrawing a contract offer from Joe last summer and then offering him 50% less has potentially cost the club (and, indeed, him)  £3-5million. 
    https://www.msn.com/en-sg/sport/news/joe-aribo-heading-towards-charlton-athletic-door-with-bundesliga-in-his-sights-as-the-next-english-export/ar-BBQTFyr

Given that we only have 11 players under contract for next season, we're going to need to recruit at least the same again, including a number of loanees. The smallest budget in the league is a major handicap but at least we have top football men like Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen at the helm, as opposed to some of the clowns of yesteryear (even if little Tommy Driesen is squeaking away in the background).
  • Options
    There's probably at least seven or eight teams who are not paying a player 25k a week
    Just because it's an 'average' wage doesn't necessarily mean that's what a large number of Champ players are actually paid.

Aston Villa reportedly paid out £73m on wages last season. And other big clubs recently relegated from the Prem are still paying out some huge contracts they've been saddled with from that time.

That's going to heavily distort the figures, compared to a significant number of clubs who manage on much smaller budgets without parachute payments or a sugar daddy.

Even within an individual club, there's going to be disparity between many of the squad players.
    Their star striker is going to be paid far more than their reserve fullback.

For it to be truly meaningful, I believe that we have to have actual examples of individual contract, rather than some hypothetical 'average'.

• Options
    Be good if we have at least 11 players by the start of the season. Maybe LB and JJ as subs?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just because it's an 'average' wage doesn't necessarily mean that's what a large number of Champ players are actually paid.

Aston Villa reportedly paid out £73m on wages last season. And other big clubs recently relegated from the Prem are still paying out some huge contracts they've been saddled with from that time.

That's going to heavily distort the figures, compared to a significant number of clubs who manage on much smaller budgets without parachute payments or a sugar daddy.

Even within an individual club, there's going to be disparity between many of the squad players.

For it to be truly meaningful, I believe that we have to have actual examples of individual contract, rather than some hypothetical 'average'.

That's what i'm sort of saying the top eight are probably on very big wages, with the rest on a lot less, it was more of a reply to @NapaAddick who keeps saying it's the championship average.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, and there are 7-8 teams whose average wage is twice that. Our wage bill last year was around £8M. We are getting £6M more in payments in the Championship. Given our losses (not including transfers-out) run £10M per year and we are capped at an average loss of £13M... this means if we push ALL the levers and lose the max (which RD would never do).... CAFC can spend £17M on wages. That would have ranked in the bottom-third of the Championship. The median wage bill in the Championship is way above our max possibility. Lots of others clubs pay £20k per week like it is going out of style.
  • Options
    Ravel Morrison out of contract i think.  A talented midfielder who has made some bad life choices in his early days.. if only we had a manager who could sympathise and improve him...  no rumour just a name that popped into my head.
    Another Tony Watt
  • Options
    Yes, and there are 7-8 teams whose average wage is twice that. Our wage bill last year was around £8M. We are getting £6M more in payments in the Championship. Given our losses (not including transfers-out) run £10M per year and we are capped at an average loss of £13M... this means if we push ALL the levers and lose the max (which RD would never do).... CAFC can spend £17M on wages. That would have ranked in the bottom-third of the Championship. The median wage bill in the Championship is way above our max possibility. Lots of others clubs pay £20k per week like it is going out of style.
    Mate, paying big wages doesn't guarantee success, in fact it can ruin team spirit, i'd be happy with a squad of 20+ players who want to play for the club not the wage, this season is going to difficult but we can survive, Millwall have done it the last few years so we can with Bowyer and Jacko in charge.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Does not "guarantee success"... agree totally. But over the long-term, the clubs with the highest wage spend do better than those with the middle and those in the middle do better than those at the bottom. It's just the law of large numbers. Could we beat the odds this year? Totally! Are we likely to do that every year when we are among the smallest teams in the Championship in terms of ability to pay? Not likely. Now that Bowyer is back, and a sale is not that likely, imho, I hope to just enjoy the season for what it is and stay up. That would be a success to me at this point. I can worry about next year's lack of spending next year.
  • Options

Always puzzled me as to how we can lose so much money each year 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

That's what i'm sort of saying the top eight are probably on very big wages, with the rest on a lot less, it was more of a reply to @NapaAddick who keeps saying it's the championship average.
    You really need to see the distribution/min/max to see if a few teams are skewing the ‘average’.  I’m guessing that the parachute teams have a significantly higher wage bill than the mid-table teams and massively higher than the paupers
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Oggy Red said:

You really need to see the distribution/min/max to see if a few teams are skewing the ‘average’.  I’m guessing that the parachute teams have a significantly higher wage bill than the mid-table teams and massively higher than the paupers
    In addition, there will often be large discrepancies within clubs. Sarr will be on a lot more than Dijksteel for example.
  • Options

I am seriously crossing all fingers and toes that Joe Aribo becomes their Andy Delort.

If you search twitter their fan base is genuinely unbearable. They haven't got a clue about Joe and all they're doing is constantly gloating. If he goes I hope it's somewhere like Southampton