Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Not looking good for us keeping Lyle, he is being offered silly money. :(
    Those clubs still have to offer a fee thats got to be accepted by the club though - If Bowyer is being honest about not being fussed about letting Dijksteel go because it was a footballing decision then Id imagine its the same with Taylor
    We can't replace Taylor - if the fee is high enough RD will sell. Nothing to do with a 'footballing decision' at this late stage.
  • IF lee gets the money then great, Don't forget Taylor may be wanting more money - which he is entitled to from a players point of view he knows his worth and that we cant afford to let him go. 

djiksteel goes and we get 5 in - of decent enough quality 

ill be happy with that
    You seriously think that Duchatelet will release most of the Dijksteel money to LB ? & that Charlton are going to get 5 decent players in over the next 2 days ? 
  • vff said:
    IF lee gets the money then great, Don't forget Taylor may be wanting more money - which he is entitled to from a players point of view he knows his worth and that we cant afford to let him go. 

ill be happy with that
    You seriously think that Duchatelet will release most of the Dijksteel money to LB ? & that Charlton are going to get 5 decent players in over the next 2 days ? 
    Maybe the old scroot has had a change of heart
  • vff said:
    IF lee gets the money then great, Don't forget Taylor may be wanting more money - which he is entitled to from a players point of view he knows his worth and that we cant afford to let him go. 

ill be happy with that
    It’s quite possible that Bowyer has struck a deal with Duchâtelet. But whether we get five decent players in, who knows. 
  • vff said:

ill be happy with that
    Yes to the first part, less confident about the second
  • If we sell Taylor for £3m, i'd wager the value of the club will go down by at least £8-10m. And it wasn't worth much to begin with....
    Assets are valued at the lower of value in use and net realisable value.  Taylor will not be in the books for 8-10m.  
  • vff said:

ill be happy with that
    Maybe the old scroot has had a change of heart
    The most over used and il informed words in this forum
  • Sponsored links:

• He talks a lot of sense but I do find him incredibly irritating  
  • vff said:

ill be happy with that
    I don’t seriously think anything so wind your neck in, ta

just a permutation - a possibility 
  • West Ham mate reckons if they sign some fella off Basel then it’s unlikely Cullen will make their squad. Could mean good news for us. 
    This will be Bow's 'one that got away' moment... Just like January.
  • are there any employees of the club on here? that are involved in transfers 

if not its all speculation until 5pm tomorrow comes we are at the peril of twitter rumours and my mates sisters gran saw lyle taylor at the m1 services.
  • cafctom said:
    Lot of people on social media seem to be calling AD all sorts of things , saying he’s no great loss, he’s greedy etc. Really not sure why he’s getting such treatment to be honest.

Ultimately he is one of our Wembley heroes and deserves at least a pat on the back for that. Doesn’t sound like he forced the move, didn’t stop training and playing for us, it was a decision the club wanted to make and it just happened to be a great opportunity for him.

Good luck I say 
     Also on CL. Not just Twitter. 

All the best Anfernee. He'll do well in his career. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Nothing to do with a footballing decision, it was his agent wanting to earn a pound note. The boy would have been better staying in London near his family and signing a new contract, move in a couple of years rather than stuck up in that pit of place in which he wont be guaranteed first team football, once again totally misguided by the greed of football agents. 
    He's going there as Woodgate's first choice, and that's his words not mine
    Woodgate played a Midfielder at RB against Luton

Do they even have another choice at that position?
    Shotton is the only other player in their squad that can play there, but they use him as a center back. 

So AD is guaranteed to play, has taken a huge pay rise and is joining a club who are looking to get into the playoffs this season.

Anyone who thinks he should have turned that down because of "loyalty" needs a reality check
    Shotton is a CB. Pulis played him at RB last season because he prefers playing big lumps @ FB.
  • Talal said:
    Cawley saying premier league clubs have until the end of the month to loan league one clubs. Didn't realise that. 
    We're not in league one... yet!
  • Got no ill will to AD in any way, and if I were him i'd have left too for the massive increase in my salary and to play for a better team. But really don't get the good luck sentiments. Couldn't give a toss how well/badly he gets on. He doesn't care about us so why should we care about him....
  • Can't go along with Bowyers comments that we could afford to let AD go because we need reinforcements in other positions, i.e. midfield.    AD is/was a midfielder covering for a right back with crumbling knees.    
  • Talal said:
    Cawley saying premier league clubs have until the end of the month to loan league one clubs. Didn't realise that. 
    Haha I know. It just means PL clubs don't have to rush to get their youngsters/fringe players out on loan, which may be a negative for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Haha I know. It just means PL clubs don't have to rush to get their youngsters/fringe players out on loan, which may be a negative for us. 
    Dunno... depends if they think they're too good for League One Football i.e. If Josh Cullen ends up back at a League One team then its absolute madness
  • Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Nothing to do with a footballing decision, it was his agent wanting to earn a pound note. The boy would have been better staying in London near his family and signing a new contract, move in a couple of years rather than stuck up in that pit of place in which he wont be guaranteed first team football, once again totally misguided by the greed of football agents. 
    He's going there as Woodgate's first choice, and that's his words not mine
    Woodgate played a Midfielder at RB against Luton

Do they even have another choice at that position?
    Shotton is the only other player in their squad that can play there, but they use him as a center back. 

So AD is guaranteed to play, has taken a huge pay rise and is joining a club who are looking to get into the playoffs this season.

Anyone who thinks he should have turned that down because of "loyalty" needs a reality check
    Shotton is a CB. Pulis played him at RB last season because he prefers playing big lumps @ FB.
    I've always thought of him as more a RB really, of the old school defensive type
  • Stephy Mavididi attracting interest from Championship clubs who are looking to sign him on loan

if not its all speculation until 5pm tomorrow comes we are at the peril of twitter rumours and my mates sisters gran saw lyle taylor at the m1 services.
    You little tease, which service station?

He was in the Car Park flashing his lights. 
  • Can’t see Bow going in for Mavididi again. 
  • I actually believe Bowyer would be willing to let Dijksteel go if it meant another 10k+ into the wage budget. I just can’t see the arsewipe allowing it.

He was in the Car Park flashing his lights. 
    I saw him too.
    I wasn't sure it was him till I realised he had his favourite artist Flipp Dinero on his radio. 
  • vff said:

ill be happy with that
    vff said:

ill be happy with that

I am hoping that Bowyer/Gallen have contingency plans to put into action with or without cash, even at this late stage .. as we see, transfers happen very quickly, as quick as the electronic switch of paperwork will allow