Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Bowyer and Gallen to work some magic. Hopefully......
    Anymore on any names or position??
  • Sounds seems to me that the two Bowyer is expecting this week will be permanent and will conclude our signings until the PL clubs allow their fringe players out on loan. Think we’ll kick off v Blackburn with what we have plus the two we sign this coming week. Been said already by others but our season just like last will be defined by the quality and effectiveness of our 4/5 loans. I would guess that one this week will be a GK.
    You see I think come Blackburn, we will have 2 or 3 signed up permanently, this includes Williams as the third if he signs, plus another 2 in on loan with the further 3 being in the week after Blackburn. 
  • I think this thread could explode this week!
  • Redhenry said:
    A young arsenal striker perhaps....?
  • Valley11 said:
    Redhenry said:
    A young arsenal striker perhaps....?
    That would be unreal. I would take Bielik and Cullen back first, if we can add on top then we are looking decent enough.

Really need a couple more midfielders on permanent deals too.
  • edited July 2019
    Tyreece John-Jules if Nketiah is beyond us? Not been on loan before.
  • Tyreece John-Jules if Nketiah is beyond us? Not been on loan before.
    Ex Charlton so he will know where the training ground is.
  • Redrobo said:
    Tyreece John-Jules if Nketiah is beyond us? Not been on loan before.
    Ex Charlton so he will know where the training ground is.
    How tall is he?
  • Couple of rumours from the Sky Sports Transfer Centre

- Claims that Arsenal are ready to loan out Nketiah with Bristol City leading the chase
     - Swansea are pondering a loan bid for Kasey Palmer (Only mentioned because he was once ours)
     - Reece Oxford is lowering his demands which is stalling a £2.7m move back to German side: Augsberg, both Swansea / Fulham want him on loan though
  • Sponsored links:

- Claims that Arsenal are ready to loan out Nketiah with Bristol City leading the chase
     - Swansea are pondering a loan bid for Kasey Palmer (Only mentioned because he was once ours)
     - Reece Oxford is lowering his demands which is stalling a £2.7m move back to German side: Augsberg, both Swansea / Fulham want him on loan though
    So pretty much, we’re not getting any of our targets

To be fair from those three; Nketiah is the only name that has actually been mentioned by Cawley etc.

To be fair from those three; Nketiah is the only name that has actually been mentioned by Cawley etc.
    True, but the only times he’s mentioned him is when he’s explicitly said he doesn’t think we’d get him
  • Hear we had a scout at Herne Bay yesterday.
    Baden Powell ? 
    Isn’t Bear Grylls leader of the Scouts nowadays?
  • edited July 2019
    Couple of rumours from the Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Looks like agent talk to me. 

I could see us being competitive for each of these three 

Nketiah would probably play more for us than Bristol City. 

Palmer's last couple of loans have not been that successful. Might coming back to Charlton recharge his career  

Same with Oxford  He will have seen how Bielik and Cullen's careers have been boosted by a loan spell with us. 
    On holiday? Herne Bay played away at Snodland Town.

Zak Ansah got a hat trick, is he the next big thing? 😉

http://www.hernebayfootballclub.co.uk/teams/72027/match-centre/0-4544318
  • Scoham said:
    Hear we had a scout at Herne Bay yesterday.
    On holiday? Herne Bay played away at Snodland Town.

Zak Ansah got a hat trick, is he the next big thing? 😉

http://www.hernebayfootballclub.co.uk/teams/72027/match-centre/0-4544318
    ex-Charlton Defender; Michael Turner involved?

He's been released by Southend United
  • Richard J said:
    Couple of rumours from the Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Looks like agent talk to me. 

I could see us being competitive for each of these three 

Nketiah would probably play more for us than Bristol City. 

Palmer's last couple of loans have not been that successful. Might coming back to Charlton recharge his career  

Same with Oxford  He will have seen how Bielik and Cullen's careers have been boosted by a loan spell with us. 
    That's very rose-tinted.

Nketiah won't come to us as Cawley has already said Bristol City are prepared to pay a big loan fee. We'll pay nothing.
    Palmer has spent half a season on loan at Derby, Blackburn and Bristol city, he played regularly at all 3.
    Yes fair point with Bielik and Cullen but it was league one. Oxford has been on loan in the Bundesliga, so i don't see him dropping down to a bottom half championship side. Even average championship sides like Preston, Brentford or Blackburn would have an edge over us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a proper rumour and not sure if shared yet but I saw it doing the rounds on twitter. Oztumer not part of Boltons squad in a pre season friendly. Trouble is I'm not sure if any of their proper players are either.

• edited July 2019
    Not a proper rumour and not sure if shared yet but I saw it doing the rounds on twitter. Oztumer not part of Boltons squad in a pre season friendly. Trouble is I'm not sure if any of their proper players are either.

Only 2 of those players have played for their first team and one of those made his debut as a sub for the last 15 mins in the last game of last lesson. The other one has played in 2 FA Cup games.
  • Ross said:
    Liverpool's English midfielder Herbie Kane is expected to complete a loan move to a Championship club this week. Brentford, Charlton and Hull all want the 20-year-old, who played for Doncaster last season. (Goal)
    Hope we get him. Quality player , Someone LB could improve. 
  • Not a proper rumour and not sure if shared yet but I saw it doing the rounds on twitter. Oztumer not part of Boltons squad in a pre season friendly. Trouble is I'm not sure if any of their proper players are either.

Only 2 of those players have played for their first team and one of those made his debut as a sub for the last 15 mins in the last game of last lesson. The other one has played in 2 FA Cup games.
    No 15 is a Senior player
    Also it would be politic to mention No 7.

No 15 is a Senior player
    Also it would be politic to mention No 7.
    No 2 is a total whalley. Knock wood No 8 will be playing. No 5 has been a boon for the club. No 22 normally makes a sterling effort. White (No 3) pales in comparison to Brown (No10).

Sorry.
  • Midfield is a bigger concern than strikers for the first team. But seems we have a few U23s who can play midfield for the time being.