Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forster-Caskey edging closer to return

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I don't think a 100% JFK would get in our side barring injuries. Hope he signs for another two years though.  Doubt we will get Beliek or Cullen back.
  • Options
    I don't think a 100% JFK would get in our side barring injuries. Hope he signs for another two years though.  Doubt we will get Beliek or Cullen back.
    I hate to say it but for the experience Id have Jake ahead of Lapslie on the bench for the Play-Offs or even Fosu as feel that JFC is the best goalscoring No.10 we have
  • Options
    I hate to say it but for the experience Id have Jake ahead of Lapslie on the bench for the Play-Offs or even Fosu as feel that JFC is the best goalscoring No.10 we have
    Agreed, our bench is quite defensive, on Saturday we had a replacement diamond with Dijksteel, Pratley, Lapslie and Reeves. 

Ideal bench for the play offs for me would be Maxwell, Dijksteel, Pearce, Pratley, JFC, Fosu and Parker. Covers all bases and does show a reasonable squad that a decent left back, Reeves, Lapslie and Marshall can’t get on the bench. 
  • Options
    We need to see how quickly he regains his match fitness and form. It is most likely going to be too late for him this season.
  • Options
    Agreed, our bench is quite defensive, on Saturday we had a replacement diamond with Dijksteel, Pratley, Lapslie and Reeves. 

Ideal bench for the play offs for me would be Maxwell, Dijksteel, Pearce, Pratley, JFC, Fosu and Parker. Covers all bases and does show a reasonable squad that a decent left back, Reeves, Lapslie and Marshall can’t get on the bench. 
    I'd have Reeves ahead of Fosu on that bench; although even Ben seems to be out of favour in a way at the moment

Be even more surprised if he isnt utilised over this Easter Period
  • Options

I'd have Reeves ahead of Fosu on that bench; although even Ben seems to be out of favour in a way at the moment

Be even more surprised if he isnt utilised over this Easter Period
    Fosu gives us something that nobody else can, but I accept he has been woeful all season. 

Reeves and JFC offer similar so don’t see the point in both being on the bench. Hence why not having JFC available isn’t as crucial as I thought it would be, although never a bad thing to have that extra option. 
  • Options
    I don't think Ben is out of favour as such - it is just we have arguably the four best midfielders in the league playing. It is good to know we have decent players like Reeves and Lapslie that can come in and do a job when needed. They are very important members of our squad.
    I just found it strange how he wasnt used from the bench against either Wycombe or Luton

I guess though looking at both it wasnt the time to call upon him; i.e. Wycombe we were backs against the wall whilst Luton the game was won - Just at times think Ben is quite a good option in midfield for his defensive duties too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are having difficulty breaking teams down Fosu is a good weapon to have available. But we are showing that we are very strong without him. I am very happy we have a player like Reeves on the bench. Your back up players are very important.
  • Options
    We have probably the best midfield in this division,with adequate cover on the bench,no point in JFC trying to come back this season,get him fit for next year when quite likely some of our present players will be gone.
  • Options
    He should try to get fit, it is just he is not likely to be needed - but you never know.
  • Options
    I don't think Ben is out of favour as such - it is just we have arguably the four best midfielders in the league playing. It is good to know we have decent players like Reeves and Lapslie that can come in and do a job when needed. They are very important members of our squad.
    I just found it strange how he wasnt used from the bench against either Wycombe or Luton

I guess though looking at both it wasnt the time to call upon him; i.e. Wycombe we were backs against the wall whilst Luton the game was won - Just at times think Ben is quite a good option in midfield for his defensive duties too
    I was surprised Lapslie came on ahead of Reeves, but he was clearly asked to do a specific job, which was to run around harrying the Luton players which he did very well

Reeves was a bit unlucky not to come on, he's been playing a bit deeper this season and has more defensive qualities than say Williams
  • Options
    I would have JFC on the bench ahead of Pratley 
  • Options
    As crap as Pratley is most of the time, we might need that old-head in midfield to see out a play off final
  • Options
    Great to see him get 45 mins of football in. Expect he’ll be on the bench for the last couple of games of the season and then the playoffs if we are involved.

It will be harsh on Lapslie and Dijksteel but I’d like to see JFC and Page on the bench for those important games
  • Options
    Great to see him get 45 mins of football in. Expect he’ll be on the bench for the last couple of games of the season and then the playoffs if we are involved.

It will be harsh on Lapslie and Dijksteel but I’d like to see JFC and Page on the bench for those important games
    Jake wont be ready yet... He'll need at least two more games before being ready for the First-Team

You'd hope those games can be found too as someone said that today was the last day of the U23 regular season
  • Options

I was surprised Lapslie came on ahead of Reeves, but he was clearly asked to do a specific job, which was to run around harrying the Luton players which he did very well

Reeves was a bit unlucky not to come on, he's been playing a bit deeper this season and has more defensive qualities than say Williams
    Lapslie was like a puppy on speed hemming in those two Luton players to the North East corner when he came on and eating up valuable time.

Reeves wouldn't have done that.
  • Options
    Bowyer's most obvious weakness is handing over the initiative when we're ahead. If Pratley comes on in the playoff final it's pretty much open season on us getting attacked. I sincerely hope he doesn't do it under any circumstances except if we're there goals up, and in that case I'd say there are still better options 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As crap as Pratley is most of the time, we might need that old-head in midfield to see out a play off final
    Personally would prefer either the ability of JFC or the energy of Lapslie. Never enjoy seeing Pratley come on. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Lapslie was like a puppy on speed hemming in those two Luton players to the North East corner when he came on and eating up valuable time.

Reeves wouldn't have done that.
    Different players Len.

Ever since I saw George Lapslie play against Brentford in that youth final, he's as fit as a butchers dog but could he have scored the 3 goals that Reeves got in home matches at the valley this season ?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Personally would prefer either the ability of JFC or the energy of Lapslie. Never enjoy seeing Pratley come on. 
    I think the phrase is horses for courses. Bowyer will decide who is best to bring on in a given situation and we ought to have seen enough to trust him. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Had a dream last night Forster-Casket got the winner in the playoff final
    That would be class. 

He seems a top bloke and despite all he's gone through, I'm sure he wouldn't mind that being his only contribution!

Stranger things have happened and that's exactly the kind of stories that sport throws up...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I think the phrase is horses for courses. Bowyer will decide who is best to bring on in a given situation and we ought to have seen enough to trust him. 
    Oh I trust Bowyer, just don't trust Pratley :wink:
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    That would be class. 

He seems a top bloke and despite all he's gone through, I'm sure he wouldn't mind that being his only contribution!

Stranger things have happened and that's exactly the kind of stories that sport throws up...
    John Robinson came on as a sub in the 98 playoff final after a long layoff with a hairline fracture of the leg and contributed by scoring a penalty in the shootout 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    CAFCsayer said:
    Itshappening.jpg
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    That would be class. 

John Robinson came on as a sub in the 98 playoff final after a long layoff with a hairline fracture of the leg and contributed by scoring a penalty in the shootout 
    Didn’t he get the assist for Rufus too?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer had a dream
    About a football team
    Forster-Caskey scored the winning goal..