Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just Perused The League 1 Table

and we are mathematically safe from relegation.

Apologies for starting this discussion if already posted elsewhere.

Comments

• Stewart said:
    That will do me. 

Thank you Roland 

Won't do for me, old son. As everyone is aware, RD is  currently funding the whole operation and not putting us into external debt,  but that bitter old bugger could easily have funded arrangements in January to pretty well get us into an automatic spot. I don't blame him for Grant going. He wanted out. I wouldn't have upped his wages to match the Premiership boys either. However, a goal scoring replacement would have cost him the equivalent of us finding some change down the back of the sofa. Now Bow and the lads have to try and do it the hard way.
  • GET IN!!! Allez allez allez...
  • edited March 2019
    This is probably about as good as it gets for Roland, another year likely in his favorite division probably not realizing the consequences of his actions in having so many players and staff out of contract that we're destined for relegation next season whatever league that may be.

The deluded old fool probably thinks we can just overhaul the squad and management again next season in another promotion push, except just like 15/16 it all caught up with him then as it looks to do next season too.

I do genuinely wonder how RD actually celebrates what he deems success and how low-key and pathetic those celebrations would look. a glass of sparkling water and allowing the dishwasher to be used as a one-off?
  • Well that is good news, I guess. 

The thing that struck me when I looked the other day was how ridiculously tight the relegation battle is. Anyone in the bottom half of the table currently looks vulnerable. 
  • It's the relegation battle that fascinates me. Only 3 points separate Walsal in 21st place and Plymouth in 12th. All teams will be fighting for points between now and the end of the season. No early holidays this year ..
  • LenGlover said:
    and we are mathematically safe from relegation.

Apologies for starting this discussion if already posted elsewhere.
    Cue administration and a points deduction...
  • This is probably about as good as it gets for Roland, another year likely in his favorite division probably not realizing the consequences of his actions in having so many players and staff out of contract that we're destined for relegation next season whatever league that may be.

The deluded old fool probably thinks we can just overhaul the squad and management again next season in another promotion push, except just like 15/16 it all caught up with him then as it looks to do next season too.

I do genuinely wonder how RD actually celebrates what he deems success and how low-key and pathetic those celebrations would look. a glass of sparkling water and allowing the dishwasher to be used as a one-off?
    Is that his euphemism for special time with Mrs D?
  • Major said:
    Stewart said:
    That will do me. 

Thank you Roland 

Won't do for me, old son. As everyone is aware, RD is  currently funding the whole operation and not putting us into external debt,  but that bitter old bugger could easily have funded arrangements in January to pretty well get us into an automatic spot. I don't blame him for Grant going. He wanted out. I wouldn't have upped his wages to match the Premiership boys either. However, a goal scoring replacement would have cost him the equivalent of us finding some change down the back of the sofa. Now Bow and the lads have to try and do it the hard way.
    It's taken 5 years, but it seems like you finally understand. Hurrah.