Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players on international duty

2»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Some serious mileage there for Lyle and Igor, especially the latter. Thankfully both games are today/tomorrow rather than say Tuesday
  • Options

For those not on twitter Lyle Taylor has posted a link for Monsterrats game tonight

https://t.co/nMzGmgFk0j link for tonight's game 11:30pm kick off UK time 🙌🏽💚
  • Options
    Igor starting for Angola v Botswana
    Kick off in 30 minutes
  • Options

For those not on twitter Lyle Taylor has posted a link for Monsterrats game tonight

https://t.co/nMzGmgFk0j link for tonight's game 11:30pm kick off UK time 🙌🏽💚
    Was gonna watch this but the site needs u ti register which is fair enough but they want card details, which I aint gonna do
  • Options
    Monsterrat score a penalty but Taylor did not take it

• Options
    2-1 Monsterrat again not Taylor scoring
  • Options
    Monsterrat won 2-1
    No goals for Taylor
    But more importantlt no injury he lasted the full 90 minutes

On a side note Monsterrat hopefully now have booked their place in the gold cup for the 1st time, its down to over results but they sit 7th with the top 10 qualifying.

Their are 8 teams that could finish above them
    Bermuda
    Guyana
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dominican Republic
    Nicaragua
    French Guiana
    Belize
    El Salvador

however
    Bermuda are playing Dominican Republic
    Guyana are playing Belize
    So only 2 of those can win
    Plus

El Salvador face Jamaica
    French Guiana face Canada
    So 2 tough matches for those 2
  • Options
    Monsterrat won 2-1
    No goals for Taylor
    But more importantlt no injury he lasted the full 90 minutes

On a side note Monsterrat hopefully now have booked their place in the gold cup for the 1st time, its down to over results but they sit 7th with the top 10 qualifying.

Their are 8 teams that could finish above them
    Bermuda
    Guyana
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dominican Republic
    Nicaragua
    French Guiana
    Belize
    El Salvador

however
    Bermuda are playing Dominican Republic
    Guyana are playing Belize
    So only 2 of those can win
    Plus

El Salvador face Jamaica
    French Guiana face Canada
    So 2 tough matches for those 2
    Good luck to Lyle but I'm rooting for Guyana where my Dad's from. Could be a debut for Callum Harriot if his international clearance comes through in time. HesHout there with the squad that includes ex-Addick reserve Kadell Daniel.
  • Options
    Cullen starts on the bench in Gibraltar this afternoon... Game @ 5pm is on SKY Sports

Reckon there is a good chance he'll come on given the standard of the opposition
  • Options
    Cullen starts on the bench in Gibraltar this afternoon... Game @ 5pm is on SKY Sports

Reckon there is a good chance he'll come on given the standard of the opposition
    30 seconds at the end to tie him to Ireland! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle, Montserrat and Bermuda all qualify for the CONCACAF summer Gold Cup.

https://chicagoaddick.wordpress.com/2019/03/24/bermuda-and-montserrat-qualify-for-gold-cup/
  • Options
    Angola qualify for the African Cup of Nations after they beat Bostwana

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Lyle, Montserrat and Bermuda all qualify for the CONCACAF summer Gold Cup.

https://chicagoaddick.wordpress.com/2019/03/24/bermuda-and-montserrat-qualify-for-gold-cup/
    Going by the Wiki standings; Montserrat have missed out by one place so havent qualified for the Gold Cup

They finished 11th in the end
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Going by that Montserrat are being well and truly fucked over by CONCACAF here - Draw for the Gold Cup is on the 10th April so they need to sort this asap but wouldnt expect Montserrat to take it quietly seeing that a 3-0 win would put them above El Salvador, means they would qualify for the Gold Cup

• Options
    Going by that Montserrat are being well and truly fucked over by CONCACAF here - Draw for the Gold Cup is on the 10th April so they need to sort this asap but wouldnt expect Montserrat to take it quietly seeing that a 3-0 win would put them above El Salvador, means they would qualify for the Gold Cup

Going by Lyle Taylor's comments at Bromley addicks it's worth a fortune in TV rights for Monseratt to qualify for CONCACAF.
    This could get quite political and nasty(think Brexit)
  • Options
    Guess it depends how strong CONCACAF are at playing completely to the rules

They may not care because Montserrat won anyway so wont do anything... Montserrat though have tweeted the team sheets for the Cayman Islands where the player has been booked twice so are right in what they say
  • Options
    Meanwhile Callum Harriott's clearance came through and he made a solid debut as Guyana qualified for Thier first ever Gold Cup.
  • Options
    If rules state that an ineligible player means the game is a 3-0 loss, the  that is what it should be, irrespective of what the actual result was. That is what rules are for.
  • Options
    I know I live on an Atlantic outpost but when I went to bed Montserrat looked sure to qualify. I’ve woken up and what the hell happened? I spent ages looking at the table and permatations. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I know I live on an Atlantic outpost but when I went to bed Montserrat looked sure to qualify. I’ve woken up and what the hell happened? I spent ages looking at the table and permatations. 
    Whats your view on CONCACAF as a Confederation - Do you think Montserrat will get awarded the 3-0 win at least or do you think it'll be ignored due to some reason that can be swept under the carpet?

i.e. taking the corruption and lack of organisation of CAF and COMMEBAL into example, are CONCACAF  a bit like that or are they more like UEFA who make baffling decisions but in terms of fairness usually make the right call
  • Options
    If rules state that an ineligible player means the game is a 3-0 loss, the  that is what it should be, irrespective of what the actual result was. That is what rules are for.
    What about if England needed to beat Germany 4-0 to qualify for the next world cup, if we failed to do so then Germany will qualify. Anyway we go on to win 6-0 in a terrific performance only to be told that the germans fielded an ineligible player so the could only lose 3-0. Would you be quite so happy with that?
  • Options
    What about if England needed to beat Germany 4-0 to qualify for the next world cup, if we failed to do so then Germany will qualify. Anyway we go on to win 6-0 in a terrific performance only to be told that the germans fielded an ineligible player so the could only lose 3-0. Would you be quite so happy with that?
    I agreed with Golfie's post yet with regards to yours thats where you'd hope that UEFA would use common sense - Ultimately the rules have to be adjusted so that the team affected dont get screwed over, in Montserrat's case whats to say they wouldnt have won 3-0 / 4-0 with that Cayman Islands player missing
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Great scenario question but, they can't be seen to penalize the team who win 6-0.
    The 3-0 would only be implemented if as in this instance the winner teams margin (Monseratt 2-1) is less than 3 goals.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Yes, surely it is covered in the rules. If the rules state 2-0 its 2-0 and if they state 3-0 its 3-0.
  • Options
    Wonder if Montserrat dont stand a chance of having this overturned

The Cayman Islands player in question received a yellow card against Saint Lucia whilst wearing the No. 5 shirt (thats clear on the CONCACAF website / match report) - Against Jamaica that same player wore the No. 2 shirt whilst another player wore the No. 5 shirt and got a booking (again as per the CONCACAF website / report)... On that basis there was nothing wrong with the Cayman Islands playing the team that they did against Montserrat because no one needed to serve a suspension
  • Options
    Whats your view on CONCACAF as a Confederation - Do you think Montserrat will get awarded the 3-0 win at least or do you think it'll be ignored due to some reason that can be swept under the carpet?

i.e. taking the corruption and lack of organisation of CAF and COMMEBAL into example, are CONCACAF  a bit like that or are they more like UEFA who make baffling decisions but in terms of fairness usually make the right call
    Fairness and right calls are not normally a CONCACAF trait.