Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall Of Fame

2»

Comments

• Options
    Early voting pattern very interesting. One category is neck and neck with only nine votes dividing all three names. Cast your vote 
  • Options
    We may need to adjust the category years soon. Nobody is eligible until 5 years after their last match. I am sure that Jackson and Solly will be included in future.
    Yann played his last game over 5 years ago... :-)
    Thanks Colin
    whoops...
  • Options
    Tough choices, trying to weigh up iconic moments in our history, overall quality and long service. Ended up with

Smith for his longevity
    Bailey for his quality AND his successful year as manager - we've had incredibly few promotions in our history really, 6 since WW2?
    Shirtliff for scoring 2 of the most dramatic and important goals in our history. I think it was listening to this match on the radio which turned me from someone who followed how Charlton got on to someone who 100% supported them!
  • Options
    Smith      For the number of appearances.

Bailey      Best tackler i ever saw play for us. Probably my favorite player ever saw play for us.  

Parker     Never gave less than 100% every  game, also second best tackler which seems to be a dying art in the modern game. 
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Bailey
    Mortimer
  • Options

Bailey      Best tackler i ever saw play for us. Probably my favorite player ever saw play for us.  

Parker     Never gave less than 100% every  game, also second best tackler which seems to be a dying art in the modern game. 
    Couldn’t have put it better, exactly who I voted for with identical reasons, us old gits obviously sticking together 
  • Options
    Parker for me. Properly the best player I have seen in a Charlton shirt.

was gutted when he left and like others was upset at timing. 

I tried to dislike him over the years but don’t seem to be able to and was proud for him when he captained England in a game a few years back. 
  • Options
    We have the closest vote yet. In one category all three candidates are split by just 11 votes and in another the two front runners are only one vote apart. Looking very interesting. Make your vote count.
  • Options
    Still incredibly close this year. Don't forget to vote.  https://surveyhero.com/c/ddf639cc 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One category is still very close with only three votes in it.  Make sure that you cast your vote and check out the news item on  the club website from 21st March if you need more info about any of the contestants.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Last day to vote and unbelievably a dead heat in one section. Your vote will count, so use it and help place three more Charlton legends into the Hall of Fame.   https://surveyhero.com/c/ddf639cc   
  • Options
    Norman Smith | Mike Bailey | Paul Mortimer

• Options
    Norman Smith | Mike Bailey | Paul Mortimer

Good old Morts.
  • Options

I read an article a few years ago that explained why tackling should be an act of last resort and the ball should be won by limiting the opponent to risky passes that are easily intercepted.