Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    27 off 9
  • Options
    Yeah reality is we’ve just lost to one of the worst sides in this tournament.

Dont think Jason Roy will have a worse game in his life.
  • Options
    Archer out

322-9

27 off 8
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    This game has been so frustrating. Every time we get the momentum we throw it away.
    Exactly this.

Root and Buttler getting out as soon as they got to 100 killed us. But we lost the game in the field i feel. Gave them 35-40 runs too many.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Yeah reality is we’ve just lost to one of the worst sides in this tournament.

Dont think Jason Roy will have a worse game in his life.
    Pakistan though are much better than their recent form
  • Options
    26 off 7
  • Options
    25 off 6
  • Options
    25 off 5
  • Options
    21 off 4
  • Options
    21 off 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20 off 2
  • Options
    19 off 1
  • Options
    Pakistan win by 14 runs
  • Options
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
  • Options
    Happily it's not a disaster for England as it's only 1 match out of 9, but it's a good wake up call against any arrogance in the camp
  • Options
    Easy to be wise after the event but I have always maintained that unless conditions are extremely favourable to bowling; bat first! With our batting strength we should 9/10 be able to set a good target. There is far more pressure chasing a big total than defending one.  
  • Options
    Didn’t bat anywhere near our best and hit 334.

I can’t believe I’m saying it but we missed Plunkett
  • Options
    Moeen did struggle out there. Weird as he's so destructive in the T20 leagues. There's a case for sticking him in at 3 and just saying 'hit for as long as you can' when the bowlers aren't in death mode 
  • Options
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
    Is that the highest-ever batting second score in the World Cup?  Probably. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
    I believe it is.
    As I said  madness 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Think we need more batting depth on that display.

Had no confidence at all once we went six down and you can’t start your tail at number 7.

Moeen is bowling well enough to stay in the side based on that discipline alone but two spinners is a luxury when they aren’t getting through a full allocation every time.

Is Rashid bowling enough overs to warrant his place in the side? If we need someone to fill in with 4-6 overs here and there, Root is capable of that. Dropping him for an extra batsman might be our best option.
  • Options

Had no confidence at all once we went six down and you can’t start your tail at number 7.

Moeen is bowling well enough to stay in the side based on that discipline alone but two spinners is a luxury when they aren’t getting through a full allocation every time.

Is Rashid bowling enough overs to warrant his place in the side? If we need someone to fill in with 4-6 overs here and there, Root is capable of that. Dropping him for an extra batsman might be our best option.
    Adil Rashid is our second-highest ranked ODI bowler and our highest-ranked spinner. if you drop him, you can only replace him with a lower-ranked player.  That's suboptimal. 
  • Options

Moeen is bowling well enough to stay in the side based on that discipline alone but two spinners is a luxury.

Agreed. I’ve been hearing ‘England bat deep’, but the reality is we just have a LOT of top order quality. Once Buttler is gone we aren’t really a threat.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
    I believe it is.
    As I said  madness 
    Not for long I'd say. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
    Trent Bridge is a high scoring ground though

Slight concerns about the openers if facing spin, but in general the batting unit still looks fine. It's tough for the lower order batsman in white ball cricket as often they don't bat at all or come in right at the end and expected to thrash it about, they get few opportunities to construct an innings.
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Chizz said:
    334 runs and lose. 
    Madness 
    I believe it is.
    As I said  madness 
    Not for long I'd say. 
    I agree. 
    Probably be beaten in this competition. 
  • Options
    I'm glad that performance has come in the group stages rather than the knockouts.  Could do England good in a way as it's a good wake up call & will stop them being complacent....I hope!
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Easy to be wise after the event but I have always maintained that unless conditions are extremely favourable to bowling; bat first! With our batting strength we should 9/10 be able to set a good target. There is far more pressure chasing a big total than defending one.  
    England always look to bat second in ODI's - its not served them bad over the past x games.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Adil Rashid is our second-highest ranked ODI bowler and our highest-ranked spinner. if you drop him, you can only replace him with a lower-ranked player.  That's suboptimal. 
    Then he needs to be utilised more. 

Five overs for 43 runs today doesn’t suggest to me that he has the confidence of his captain despite his ODI ranking.
  • Options
    Moeen Ali dropped.

England off to a flier though, 67-0 off 10 overs.

Could get 400 today.