Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Burton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    How are we playing compared to last Saturday?
  • Options
    HALF TIME | Charlton 2 @burtonalbionfc 1. A @lyletaylor90 penalty and a brilliant @BenReevo header have us in front at the half-way stage in SE7. #cafc

• Options

HALF-TIME: Lucas Akins cancelled out Lyle Taylor's early penalty with a spot kick of his own before Ben Reeves restored Athletic's lead. We have threatened but been frustrated thus far - still 45 minutes of work ahead

• Options
    Some YouTube shit is going on and ots going well 
  • Options
    They're missing on purpose for YouTube and I hope their accounts get demonetised 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

HALF-TIME: Lucas Akins cancelled out Lyle Taylor's early penalty with a spot kick of his own before Ben Reeves restored Athletic's lead. We have threatened but been frustrated thus far - still 45 minutes of work ahead

“Athletic”?! Who’s posting to Burton’s Twitter, USA Soccer Guy?
  • Options
    I can understand Lyle's frustrations with some of the offside decisions as he was onside when he touched the ball.

Unfortunately he obviously doesn't know that if you come from an offside position to touch the ball, even if that's in an onside position or even inside your own half, you can still get flagged.

Players in not knowing the laws shocker.

Mind you, in this case the offside law is a bloody shambles.
  • Options
    This might have been worse than that student shootout last season

(It wasn't but still)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    What was that crap about
  • Options
    Looking forward to the Crossbar challenge ...
  • Options
    Parker is decent in the air, good foil for taylor. Reeves best player on the pitch so far
  • Options
    Aribo hardly been in it at all but think he started the breakaway for the second. Cullen looking great. Burton are there for the taking.

Very bizarre offside decision unless there is a rule I'm not aware of?
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    ross1 said:

“Athletic”?! Who’s posting to Burton’s Twitter, USA Soccer Guy?
    What is that emoji? Looks like a four day menorah.
  • Options
    Pretty sure lino got all those offsides right. Certainly the one when Lyle touched it in his own half
  • Options
    I should go for a no. 2 more often. Get in! A Reeves header - that’s a rarity considering the target. 
    Reeves hits the ball harder with his fivehead than his feet.
    Fact. 
    you seen the size of it , not very surprising !!
  • Options
    Reeves channelling Keith Houchen 
  • Options
    Well done Russ, you didn't make a complete arse of yourself there.
  • Options
    Aribo hardly been in it at all but think he started the breakaway for the second. Cullen looking great. Burton are there for the taking.

Very bizarre offside decision unless there is a rule I'm not aware of?
    It’s been around for a couple of seasons now if you come back from an offside position and touch the ball the free kick is taken from where the payer touched it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the look of Parker. 

We played well but went to sleep after our pen. Not quite as sharp and tough as Saturday but strong first half overall.  
  • Options
    Get another couple quick and get Taylor off
  • Options
    Second half about to kick off ...
  • Options
    The Addicks kicking away from me this half, to the right of your radio dial, or the left of your TV screen.

Towards the Jimmy Seed anyway.
  • Options
    Time for Nabs?
  • Options
    B’pool 1-0 Donny
  • Options
    Time for Nabs?
    Next time ...
  • Options
    Oh.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    So funny these commentators think he's the Big Friendly German.
  • Options
    Ross has gone awol on the non-league thread if anyone wants match updates.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!