Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help - Manchester/Stockport Addicks

Hoping for some help, 

With Man City also kicking off at 17.30 today and the rugby being on also I’m struggling to find a pub which will show our game.

Does anyone know anywhere showing it around either Stockport or Altrincham?

Cheers!

Comments

• You'll be able to watch it on hesgoals.com if no pubs are showing us up there
  • No hope around me in Bramhall mate. A couple of days ago, my son asked the landlord of our local to put us on instead of City, I heard the laugh from half a mile away and I think the landlord is still laughing now! I think you'll struggle tbh

• No hope around me in Bramhall mate. A couple of days ago, my son asked the landlord of our local to put us on instead of City, I heard the laugh from half a mile away and I think the landlord is still laughing now! I think you'll struggle tbh

Invite him round to yours  ;)
  • it's bad enough down here to find a pub that will show it over premiership football and rugby never mind up north.

you can never underestimate the amount of armchair rugby fans that come out for England games pretending to enjoy Guinness, spouting on about the time they went to Twickenham on a work do and telling all and sundry how much better rugby is to football even though throughout the actual match they chat about Man Us triumph in the champions league.

I’m having the same issue around Cheadle at the moment. Everywhere I walk in pretty much laugh me out the establishment!

Would normally watch a stream but I’ve got family here for the weekend so can’t get away with sitting on my laptop.
  • Not much easier in southeast to be honest. Every pub in Greenwich refused to put it on, even on one small telly. Fortunately a mate agreed for everyone to go round his house for the game. 

Hope you find somewhere to watch it  @Saulc23
  • Get NowTV and just pay to watch the match. 
  • What about a Walkabout or somewhere that has two different feeds / streams?
  • What about a Walkabout or somewhere that has two different feeds / streams?
    Hmmmm.... Australian themed bar Weegie. They'll probably put the pre-match build up on just to get the hopes up, then pull the plug as the ref blows for the start of the game. 
  • edited March 2019
    No chance in Altrincham, every pub has the Citeh game on

Your only possibility is tavern on the green, but I reckon that'll have the rugby
  • Sponsored links:

• No chance in Altrincham, every pub has the Citeh game on

Your only possibility is tavern on the green, but I reckon that'll have the rugby
    Already tried there but they’re not having it. Even my local in Timperley won’t stick it on for me as they’ve only got one Sky box. 

I’ll just have to stream it, not the end f the world 
  • There's the printworks in MCR city centre. Walkabout and a Lloyds Bank.
    There's also a Yates with multiple screens. 
    If you ask behind the bar they can set one of the screens for you. I've asked them in the past and they have accomadated me.

Failing that there's a Yates on Portland Street, and a few pins and bars around there. Best to go for bigger pubs.

The Lost Dene on deansgate is another good one for multi screens .

Failing that, find somewhere with free wi-fi , buy a day pass on now TV and watch it on Ur phone. 

Hope that helps 
  • edited March 2019
    Saulc23 said:

Already tried there but they’re not having it. Even my local in Timperley won’t stick it on for me as they’ve only got one Sky box. 

Stonemasons? 
  • Saulc23 said:

Stonemasons? 
    That’s the one! 
  • Saulc23 said:
    Saulc23 said:

Stonemasons? 
    That’s the one! 
    Decent boozer that. The Belmore on Brooklands Road is also a nice pub. Nothing like some of the rough shit holes in Manchester 😊
  • What did you do in the end @Saulc23
  • Chizz said:
    What did you do in the end @Saulc23
    Watched it on my phone whilst in the pub with family. Never was I going to miss it. 
  • Saulc23 said:
    Saulc23 said:

Stonemasons? 
    That’s the one! 
    Decent boozer that. The Belmore on Brooklands Road is also a nice pub. Nothing like some of the rough shit holes in Manchester 😊
    Had a couple in the Quarry Bank about a week ago  Not local, but my lady lives in the area.