Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dydd gwyl Dewi hapus!

It's Welsh cakes all day for me today.

Happy St David's day everyone.

Comments

• Only good thing about Wales is the golf courses. I've played St David's....
  • Out of interest, how many Welsh / part Welsh do we have on here?

Generally seem to find a lot in UK of Irish/ Scottish decent, always seems a lot less with Welsh

Anyway, Happy David’s Day to you all
  • My wife is half-Welsh. My son is allowed to wear his Beavers uniform into school today because it's St David's Day. Strangely, nothing whatsoever happens on St George's Day.
  • Back in the day I have been to the top of Pen y Fan, walked the whole Pembrokeshire coastal path, been to Snowdonia and in my opinion Wales is stunningly beautiful and typical of the natural beauty on this fringe of Europe in these islands.
    When the Welsh fans sing before the Rugby it is an unsurpassed sound in sport.
    Great place.
  • Really @Rizzo ?

I've sons in two schools and links with another school, and all three are all over SGD every day.

Anyway, let’s not make this a SGD thread, we can have one of those soon enough.

(One of those schools are all wearing yellow today for SDD)
  • Out of interest, how many Welsh / part Welsh do we have on here?

Generally seem to find a lot in UK of Irish/ Scottish decent, always seems a lot less with Welsh

Anyway, Happy David’s Day to you all
    I'm half Welsh.
  • Half Welsh. My family is like the Merthyr mafia 
  • Me obviously 
  • Sponsored links:

• Married a North Walian. 
    So I have a huge Welsh family. 
    And up until recently my brother in law was manager of Llandudno. 
    Happy St David’s Day!
  • Have a good one. 
  • My wife is Welsh. Now live in Wales. 
  • My ex is Welsh,our son lives in Merthyr Tydfil,3 step daughters,2 in Merthyr one in Sheffield a stones throw from Chef Wendy's ground.
  • Once had a close encounter with a sheep , that must make me at least 1/2 Welsh ??
  • I like Welsh Rarebit. Any good?
  • I like sports teams that play in red. Any good?
  • 1/8 Welsh
  • My wife is Welsh and after spending the first 35 years of our married life in SE London and Kent we moved to Wales a year ago. It has made boycotting the Valley a lot easier!

• Davo55 said:
    I like Welsh Rarebit. Any good?
    Yes but you don't see it very often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Married to a Welsh lady and happily living in South Wales. The rugby on Saturday was a tough watch though!
  • Wife born in Carmarthen and a huge rugby fan. Me born in Greenwich and brought up on football ( well Charlton). She will occasionally come to a game at The Valley or an away game and I will go with her to watch a Six Nations game in Cardiff.
  • Another halfy. Dad and all his family are Welsh (he was born and raised in Bangor).
  • No Welsh in my family history at all. Spanish, English, Scottish, Irish and even 1/256th Danish - but no taff. Love the Welsh in general though - and listening to the Welsh singing Land of My Fathers at Cardiff Arms Park in 1993 having foolishly travelled there with mates and, in hindsight, probably lucky to escape being beaten to a pulp, was one of the most spine tingling experiences of my life. 
  • edited March 2019
    Wife is Welsh,  moved here 3 years ago and it's a much better quality of life. Wouldn't move back but jobs are a lot harder to come by. Still spend half my time in London!
  • With Lewis as my middle and Williams as my surname, not sure I could claim to hail from anywhere else.

My dad’s side of the family owned a dairy farm in Aberystwyth and moved to London after a murder in the family.

They owned the land that the council compulsorily purchased to make Victoria Park.
  • I've been to Swansea once