Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker transfer insight from Varney

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
[cite]Peter Varney[/cite]Scott was making it very plain that he wanted to leave Charlton but we made it equally clear that he would only go to Chelsea if they matched our valuation. For most of the transfer window the offer from Chelsea stayed at £6m but we valued Scott at £10m and that's what he went for.
icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/0300charlton/0100news/tm_headline=no-bending-on-bent

Comments

• Options
    Just wonder why that story has come out at this time??????????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Just wonder why that story has come out at this time??????????

Maybe the "no bending on Bent" headline is a clue, Stanmore. : - )
  • Options
    Doh!

Didn't actually open the link-

I'll go and hide in the corner now.
  • Options
    "Darren will be staying with Charlton. He is our player and under contract to us."

Does make me feel uncomfortable actually. More so the affect it will have on Darren if liverpool come in with 15m and we reject because we're holding out for 16m etc
  • Options
    That won't happen, if we can get £15M for a club Dazza wantas then we'll take it.
    Mind you that'll be composed of all sorts of clauses!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Sco was making it very plain that he wanted to leave Charlton Life but we made it equally clear that he would only go to the BBC Message Board if they matched our valuation. For most of the transfer window the offer from BBC stayed at 6p but we valued Sco at 10p and that's what he went for.

I never demanded a transfer! 10p Barts you tight git!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Sco was making it very plain that he wanted to leave Charlton Life but we made it equally clear that he would only go to the BBC Message Board if they matched our valuation. For most of the transfer window the offer from BBC stayed at 6p but we valued Sco at 10p and that's what he went for.

I never demanded a transfer! 10p Barts you tight git!

Been a good servant but it's a good price. Get rid of the deadwood I say. : - )
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    He could be the makeweight in the 20p transfer to this board of Jonathan Acworth......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He could be the makeweight in the 20p transfer to this board of Jonathan Acworth......?

If that is what is good for the board then I'll go. I feel I have given my all and I love the board, but nothing is permanent in football. I'll always watch out for Charlton Life's posts and maybe one day I'll come back in some capacity or the other.
  • Options
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I THINK I heard Martin Simons on Talksport say that we wouldn't sell Parker at any price and Ray Houghton, I think, mentioned 10 million and Martin Simons said not even for 10 million.

I therefore take Reg's comments with a pinch of the white stuff.

We can be strong so long as Darren doesn't throw his toys like Scottie did in my opinion.

However if he DOES throw them we may rue his turning the Hamsters down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He could be the makeweight in the 20p transfer to this board of Jonathan Acworth......?

I think Acworth could take us on the next level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]

If that is what is good for the board then I'll go. I feel I have given my all and I love the board, but nothing is permanent in football. I'll always watch out for Charlton Life's posts and maybe one day I'll come back in some capacity or the other.

Sco, who joined Charlton Life exactly 8 months ago today, commentating 1473 times in just 543 appearances, was philosophical as he signed for Cafc Babes.

Valued for his endless opinions, honest assesment and wind ups, for whom AFKA eventually paid not even a sausage, bugger all in fact - once lost 10 pounds in one charity game against Charlton Pathetic, which was testament to his ceaseless efforts on behalf of the team.

Charlton Life manager, Mr AFKA, said he could in future possibly welcome back Sco in some capacity, but stressed that their are no certainties on football forums.
  • Options
    Still not received an offer for the required 10p, Sco remains under contract.

If he continues to make life awkward however i have no problem in speaking out about the tears and tantrams he has thrown in not getting his articles posted, or his tireless whispered campaign to get MCS banned from this forum (for excessive use of the word 'dude', no ginger connection i hasten to add).....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

I think Acworth could take us on the next level.

Of insanity probably
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I THINK I heard Martin Simons on Talksport say that we wouldn't sell Parker at any price and Ray Houghton, I think, mentioned 10 million and Martin Simons said not even for 10 million.

Simons was quoted widely as telling Chelsea to "get lost" over Parker.
  • Options
    Simons really was upset over this situation and doesn't even want to discuss it anymore it's history but well posted inspector.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The point is that there is a precedent for us not doing what we say we will do. Parker being the most recent example.

I think we will be very lucky to have £10 million in our bin by the time we've weighed Ipswich off and in reality that figure will probably be nearer £8 million.

As for Gardner from Spurs he is a well known sicknote and we have enough of those already.

I do appreciate though that we have too many African Centre halves who could disappear for a month or more at a vital time of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover

I do appreciate though that we have too many African Centre halves who could disappear for a month or more at a vital time of the season.

is that cause of the africans cup or because there just a bit rubbish?