Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More grief coming Duchatelet's way

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    He'll probably sell one of ours to pay for their new pitch. 
    He can't lay a grass pitch as there's a car park underneath it says
    Nonsense. There are plenty of car parks built underneath grass, for example the Abingdon Green car park, Great College St, opposite the Houses of Parliament.
    Hasn’t the HAC got one beneath theirs ?
    Yes but it’s not really under grass. 
  • Everything is always 70 million something or other with him eh  :/
    The way round this of course, for the talented Visionary, is to raise the pitch by about 10 metres or so and restore the car park to its former glory underneath. That way he can charge punters to park under the actual pitch. They won’t be able to see the game because the pitch will be too high, of course, but they only ever come along for the dancing anyhow, so it’s a win win. Sorry, I mean, draw, win or lose, that sort of thing doesn’t bother Roland.  ;)

• Excellent base for under soil heating.
  • He paved paradise and put up a parking lot..
  • And what about the pipes?
  • I thought Roland was selling St Truiden? 
  • And what about the pipes?

Oh Danny Boy, the're calling , the're calling .
    He sold the club, kept the ground.
    He sold the club, kept the ground.
    Haha that'll teach him then!!
  • Sponsored links:

The football club, STVV, was sold some time ago to Japanese owners.  His wife still owns the ground they play in and the surrounding development which includes Hotel Stayen - all built on the land bought from the council for a song.

It seems to me that it is STVV who have the big problem here, not Roland.  I would be amazed if their lease/rental agreement/ whatever for the pitch includes any clause requiring the owner to change the nature of the pitch from plastic to grass.  So STVV is faced with trying to find an alternative venue.

If that happens, Roland loses his lead tenant, and the USP of the hotel, with its rooms which overlook the pitch, which would doubtless have financial implications.   I doubt if the carpark roof was designed to carry the additional weight of a real pitch, so solving that would certainly be very expensive.  However there are other sports which use artificial pitches (hockey springs to mind), so that need not be an insuperable problem.

Schadenfreude is a very natural emotion for us in the circumstances, but may be premature.

• N01R4M said:
    I thought Roland was selling St Truiden? 

The football club, STVV, was sold some time ago to Japanese owners.  His wife still owns the ground they play in and the surrounding development which includes Hotel Stayen - all built on the land bought from the council for a song.

It seems to me that it is STVV who have the big problem here, not Roland.  I would be amazed if their lease/rental agreement/ whatever for the pitch includes any clause requiring the owner to change the nature of the pitch from plastic to grass.  So STVV is faced with trying to find an alternative venue.

If that happens, Roland loses his lead tenant, and the USP of the hotel, with its rooms which overlook the pitch, which would doubtless have financial implications.   I doubt if the carpark roof was designed to carry the additional weight of a real pitch, so solving that would certainly be very expensive.  However there are other sports which use artificial pitches (hockey springs to mind), so that need not be an insuperable problem.

Schadenfreude is a very natural emotion for us in the circumstances, but may be premature.

Or...... STVV leave, he rips up the pitch, demolishes the car park and builds 6 blocks of flats courtesy of his mates at the council.
  • N01R4M said:
    I thought Roland was selling St Truiden? 

Or, he sells Charlton and buys a couple of hockey clubs?
  • So this means he has to accept STVV are leaving his stadium to play on a grass surface thereby making all his hotels and restaurants a bit pointless?

Alternatively, he takes the hit on his car park and installs a proper grass surface so that he can keep the money rolling in from his little project and his pocket takes a hit.

Sounds brilliant. The old fool never really does think stuff through, does he?
    Good thing he didn't reinvest that Grant money eh
  • Surely, as the landlord, Roland is responsible for any changes required to meet regulations.

• Bit more to it than meets the eye…

Last month STVV PLAYED LOCAL DERBY AGAINST RACING GENK,think Millwall v Charlton.

Away end sold out think it was first game back from the winter-break in Belgium.

Game was live on TV in Belgium.

Now the Genk fans had fireworks and smoke bombs in the away end,and low and behold let them off.

Most of which ended up on the pitch.

The pitch looked poor before the fireworks and smoke bombs hit it.

Roland is now looking to Racing Genk to help fund a new pitch,it will cost over 100,000 EURO to replace.

Director at Racing Genk has said will give STVV 12,500 euro and no more. This is a set fine for fireworks at football matches in Belgium that are let off.

Gets more amusing by the moment :smiley:
  • Bit more to it than meets the eye…

Last month STVV PLAYED LOCAL DERBY AGAINST RACING GENK,think Millwall v Charlton.

Away end sold out think it was first game back from the winter-break in Belgium.

Game was live on TV in Belgium.

Now the Genk fans had fireworks and smoke bombs in the away end,and low and behold let them off.

Most of which ended up on the pitch.

The pitch looked poor before the fireworks and smoke bombs hit it.

Roland is now looking to Racing Genk to help fund a new pitch,it will cost over 100,000 EURO to replace.

Director at Racing Genk has said will give STVV 12,500 euro and no more. This is a set fine for fireworks at football matches in Belgium that are let off.

Happened last season too
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    That’s definitely the Freeman’s catalogue look ...

Shirt from Top Man €14.98
    Jeans from New Look €35.25
    Shoes From Freeman Hardy and Willis €49.99

Don't forget the cost of buying duct tape for the shoes
  • _MrDick said:

Don't forget the cost of buying duct tape for the shoes
    I’ve edited my post  :D
    A song in which Roland complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Roland singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with his blinkered view of the world. 
  • He's right that he shouldn't have got involved in football then.
    A song in which Roland complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Roland singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with his blinkered view of the world. 
    Email of the evening!
  • _MrDick said:

Duct tape €2.99

this picture makes me laugh.

Varicose veins; models own
  • Surely the pitch has insurance against damage from fans!
  • The fact that the old goat installed a plastic pitch in the first place shows the total lack of respect he has for football.  This isn't 5-a-side with your mates on a Tuesday night - it's professional football FFS!  I hope his missus has to fork out a million to get it fixed.  How's that tax dodge working out for you now dear?
  • Restores one's faith in karma.
    nothing fake will last long
    he wouldn't get hung out to dry with his monkey if he wasn't so widely loathed and derided
    suck it up you wibbling penny pinching old nutsack (then kindly fornicate off from Charlton)
    ROFLMCO 😆
  • JamesSeed said:
    He'll probably sell one of ours to pay for their new pitch. 
    He can't lay a grass pitch as there's a car park underneath it says
    Nonsense. There are plenty of car parks built underneath grass, for example the Abingdon Green car park, Great College St, opposite the Houses of Parliament.
    Technically I'm sure it can be done. However, the fact the car park was designed and built specifically to have a synthetic pitch laid above it, would likely require a signifacant cost to design and install a natural grass surface
    Oh well...bothered...😂🤣😂